Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Trihugger posted:

How good Parvati is comes down to her NP gen and how good her crit star gen is with skill 2 plus NP. If she can pull off some Musashi/Swimsuit Fran turns, we're in business. Even than, she'll probably only reach the lofty heights of "surprisingly usable" instead of "standard trash Lancer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJG9kFIR3Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

They should have released Avenger Dark Sakura instead.

Based on the translated lore is 90% sure that there will be another Sakura demiservant, probably Durga or Kali (Parvati is the good side of Sakura, so...).

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Marogareh posted:

The final parts of London when Tesla shows up are super good after boring endless waves of enemies. The only bad part is how filler Lancer Alter felt which was really disappointing to me. She just came and went without a single line of dialogue.

Death ray maker, lghtning wielder, last myths slayer Servant Tesla is great.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Their appearance felt almost like a last minute run-in during a crazy wrestling title match. Though part of that is because I always think Kintoki looks like he should be a pro wrestler. :v:

Wait, that was Zouken?!

Makiri Zolgen, of the ancient russian Zolgen family, that later changed his name in Zouken Makiri, and later in Zouken Matou.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I knew the Makiris became the Matous, but I didn't realize Zouken changed his first name too. Cool, glad to get a chance to kill him.

Not just that, he also switched his familiy name and his name. "Makiri" was not a very japanese name, I suppose.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Two 10 roll gave me Emiya NP2 and Atalanta NP4... Why do you troll me in this way, game? :(

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

Two 10 roll gave me Emiya NP2 and Atalanta NP4... Why do you troll me in this way, game? :(

And the third 10 roll gave me Arjuna. I accept your apologies, game.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

2 ten roll on Saber Wars banner gave me... Tamamo? Good enough, I guess.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

UberJew posted:

288khp Jeanne loving stonewalled me at Planet, first time I've been outright stymied in this game

The ridiculous HP on all the trash didn't help either, with no CEs

NP Altera->NP Saber Alter->NP MHX with all the boosts pretty much destry Jeanne in one strike.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

I had some quartz so I did some ten pulls.

I got 2* darius and then 18 CEs :negative:

Welcome to FGO.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

There is also a cameo in UBW last episode.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks, guy in my friend list with a NP5 lvl90 Okita equipped with MLB Purely Bloom. The Scathach node is absurdly easy.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Things are going great. I currently maxed the level of 24 Servants, and I should max level at least another couple in the next 2 days.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bwahahahahahah.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, I find this event way more relaxed than Rashomon.The grind is quite easy too, I already bought all the mats, the fous, the 4*experiences and half of the gems.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Scathach from ticket. What. I totally did not expect this.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The Knight's banner should have the following servants available:

Altria Pendragon
Attila (NP2)
Mordred
Orion
Nikola Tesla
Arjuna
Karna
Altria Pendragon (Lancer)
Jeanne d'Arc (NP3)

The Cavalry banner should have:

Francis Drake
Queen Medb
Ramesses II
Jack the Ripper
Zhuge Liang (Lord El-Melloi II)
Tamamo no Mae
Xuanzang Sanzang
(NP2)
Vlad III
Florence Nightingale (NP2)
Cu Chulainn (Alter)

My complete absence of 5* riders (while for 5* lancers I have Scathach) bring me to roll on the second banner.

(I already know that 1st banner means Jeanne NP4 and 2nd banner means Nightingale NP3)

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 26, 2018

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Crasical posted:

:colbert: Listen, not everyone handles having Madness Enhancement forced on them very well. Sanson is a good boy.

Technically he is a lawful evil boy.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

60 quartz and I got nitocris. I will try again later.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Serious Da Vinci-chan is scary.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gilgamesh+Waver+Nightingale for now have nuked any knight I found.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I want to roll for Da Vinci. Her banner will be put for the anniversary, right?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Wow, that scene with Tristan and the refugees being protected by that Hassan was really brutal, way more than I expected from this game. Also I think that's the first time I've seen Da Vinci with that sort of expression when we wanted to go out and help the Hassan, made it pretty clear just how big of a threat the KotR are.

Serious Da Vinci is great.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It's beautiful because if they are faithful to the original gacha schedule, people will be pissed. If they are not, other people will be pissed.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I actually deafeated the last Camelot boss with Waver+Mash+Bedivere.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pausa gacha gave me... NP2 Waver.
Da Vinci banner gave me... NP2 Tamamo.
And then, two rolls later, Da Vinci!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

RanKizama posted:

I too got Nurse Nutjob. Is she any good? Her skills and NP seem pretty solid if she can manage not to die from being a Berserker.

I use her A LOT. She is frailer than the other supports, but all her skills are great.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

So, I was thinking: "I would REALLY like Da Vinci NP2", so I roller another 10-roll and, voilà, a second copy of Da Vinci, just like that.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

all the KotR and Altrias are Earth servants, iirc, because they cannot be grounded in historical fact

Yep. Historical figures: man. Legends: earth. Gods or demigods: sky. Turning points of human history: star.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Flimf posted:

With regards to the anniversary, is this the same as it was for the jp server? They have been so good at making each event feel special with story stuff, special music and so on and then for something as landmark-y as a 1-year anniversary
it's just 5 completely forgettable fights and and a kinda different icon on the Chaldea Gate button? Seems pretty bare bones.

Well, this is not an event...

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

tell everybody im on my way

and im loving every step i take

The Saber will be Saber Gilles, I suppose?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The promotional Servants are Jalter, Saber Gilles, Stheno, Medusa and Arjuna?
what?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

My grails up to now were spent on Cu to give him the gold status he deserves and to level 100 best Caster Da Vinci-chan.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

My next grail target will be Georgios.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It also means people can get the 20SQ for the 400th log in before the Summer banners.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

BlazeEmblem posted:

A full week of nothing means I can do all of those rank up quests I unlocked. Let's see... 17. Plus Marie's second interlude. And it looks like I have to do Martha's first rank up quest to show the second one, so I actually have to do 18 rank up quests.

That's a lot of saint quartz :getin:.

Yeah, between interludes, rank up quests, bonds, logins and master missions I should obtain something like 70-80 SQ in the next couple of weeks.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

My only 10 roll gave me Tristan. I'm fine with this.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gologle posted:

The original design for Gram in F/sn was a bit basic, but I actually liked it, functionality over form. I don't like the redesign.

The sword in FSN was not Gram. It was Merodach, its prototype.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Aurora posted:

it was definitely presented as gram

The translation of the weapon menu is misleading. This is the VN in the chapter that sword appears:

quote:

"It is. But its strength as a Noble Phantasm is incomparable.
What you have, 'the sword in the stone', originated from the legend of 'the sword of supremacy in the tree' from Northern Europe------But this is the original model, the foundation of the sacred right to select the king."

The sword of supremacy in the tree-------Gram, the demonic sword of Sigmund, hero of northern Europe--------its original model…?
[...]
The sword in my hand goes for the enemy's sword with its utmost power.
The name of the Noble Phantasm is Caliburn (Golden Sword of Assured Victory). But…

…It is destroyed without a trace by the sword called Merodach.
Gil sword is Merodach (Original Sin), model of Gram, that is the model for Caliburn.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Thats like removing any mention of Artoria from Camelot.
It's more like using a goddess Lancer alternate history version of her.