Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean the term "Noble Phantasm" is basically just a nonsensical port of english words Nasu thought sounded cool so I guess a few more won't hurt

I mean it does kind of work since the idea is that they're the embodiment of the Hero's (Noble) Legend (Phantasm)

Unlike say, "Heaven's Feel" which I'm 90% sure that Nasu was thinking of something more like "Heaven's Touch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

Everyone please use Cu Chulainn. He is a good boy and deserves his wish of fighting endless battles against incredible foes.

I will be using him.

As a Caster.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Going to refill until I get the one 5 star I will likely ever get with the rates on the Gacha.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Drew Emiya, than Jeanne and her stalker. :toot:

The rerolling is done.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stairmaster posted:

how are they expected to win a holy grail war anyways

just make a huge doomfort?

The problem comes when your average hero type is the guy busting down the doomfort and stabbing the wizard.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Argas posted:

HGWs aren't level playing fields.

Yeah this too like the system was basically cooked up by three families to lure patsies into participating in a bloody ritual to open a hole to the metaphysical center of the universe so they could (re)aquire some special unique magic.

So they set up the three strongest servant types mostly for themselves.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stagger_Lee posted:

My assumption for spending ap is to do the weekly quests for daily dungeons, do whatever story stuff I can do, and if I hit a point where there's nothing I can do I go back to the dailies? Does that seem right? Just finished up France, but a couple of the later bosses weren't trivial. Running Shield, Tamato Cat, Cu Chulaun, and then I'm not sure. Saber Lilly and Mephistophe for now. All are approaching 20 but I've used up the booster resources.

Yes that's basically how gacha games work.

Do any special event stages > Do main story stages > Run daily stages for upgrade materials.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Not going to spend any Quartz until Mysterious Heroine X is released. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

serious. Is Jeanne and Saber supposed to have the same face? T-this is a waifu game, isn't it?! Where's the cute boys?!

Jeanne resemblance is, technically speaking, not laziness but exists because of a plot point in Fate/Zero.

Basically Caster sees Saber and mistakes her for Jeanne. So the two resembling each other makes sense.

Other Saberfaces* have no excuse though.

*Ok, maybe Mordred.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

he's only useful for his np. you need a starting NP CE, his third skill that gives h im a decent amount of NP, servants that can boost his NP gauge via skills, and the mystic code that gives you a skill to boost his np gauge. then he pops his np and dies. that's all he's good for.

No you give him the Guts buff first.

So you then pop his NP twice.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just do it Takeuchi. Make a Saberface Caster.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

alt. it could be morgan le fey. im kinda hoping for that.

Do this then do an entire Pendragon Family event.

Wait, we'll need Guinevere too. She and Emiya can get into fights.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The man called M posted:

What are those blue crystals used for? None of Da Vinci's shops use it as currency.

It's money. You spend it when doing any upgrade.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Quetzadilla posted:

Well I definitely hit a hard wall at Carmilla in Orleans. After 2 10-pulls this is the roster I'm working with. Someone help me put together something useful (or tell me to reroll I guess). I suppose the time I've invested so far isn't that much even if it was 2ish days. I've just been blowing all my stam on xp dailies today trying to get some stats meanwhile I see a bunch of 60 supports already which is bonkers.
http://imgur.com/a/M30Vs

Level up Marie some. She's a Rider and will take less damage and do more damage to Carmilla, an Assassin.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tarezax posted:

Got it backwards, you want a Caster. Riders are weak to Assassins.

Endorph posted:

do not troll him

Ooops.

To be fair I haven't gotten the triangles memorized.

Level LanCaster.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heh. (Orleans Spoiler)

So Lancelot mistakes Jeanne for Arturia this time around? :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

And can Jeanne carry my rear end through the 40 AP treasure daily or is it just the Ember one? She actually got crit to death my first time doing the embers and I had to burn all my Command Spells :negative:

Being a Ruler she resists every servant attack except from Berserkers and Avengers. She also has the highest HP stat in the game and while her attack is low for a 5 star, it's still good. You could likely win off pure Not Dying if you use Mash or some other Servant with DEF Buffs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blackbeard's death line. :psyduck:

It just goes on and on.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nasu did write a mini-novel about Type-Moon Camelot, came with the UBW anime blu-rays. It's called Garden of Avalon.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just barely managed to pull my way through a 40 AP EXP quest thanks to my Jeanne, a Support Waver, and a Command Spell.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How long was it in Japan between launch and and event/Story update?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Artruia is good because she's 5 star and every 5 star is good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AfroSquirrel posted:

What story is this in because I need to read it.

I don't think it's in any story, but rather a "Character Material" book, with art and bits of worldbuilding blurbs

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Leondias is cool, strong, and my friend*

Also my only Lancer but man he's putting in good work.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man why do Rulers cost literally three times the amount of materials to ascend.

Like, OK, a mix of different class tokens, that's fine. But it's the same number of each token. I can ascend three Servants.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

e: I'll accept it if its just "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

Wouldn't be the first time its happened.

Vengarr posted:

Or Benedict Arnold, whose' name is shorthand for "traitor" in English.

Make him an Avenger, it'll be great.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rider Teddy Rosevelt would be the one to get genderswaped.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Is if just me or does the Random EXP daily give out worse rewards.

Like I get mostly 4 stars with a few 3 stars from the 30 AP daily, except for the Random daily which gives me mostly three stars, a couple 4 stars and once a 2 star.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh Snapple! posted:

Someone very briefly mentioned this at some point earlier, but what types of Craft Essences should I feel free to burn or feed to more useful ones?

Dupes of any you've already maxed out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

quote:

but the fact one of the worst things you can say about him is he can't break the rules of the game

Excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnkEqyyMbk&t=420s

Gilgamesh simply chooses not to break the rules. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

I really don't like that I have to spend like 300 AP to clear an entire story section just for a chance to summon Nero.

Just wait for a banner with Nero on it. I think she's the focus of one of the first events to boot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pierson posted:

So he can tank three actions before the skill fades? That's baller as hell, thanks dude.

Protection from Arrows is hilariously busted and part of what makes Lancer Cu nigh unkillable.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

How many years did that dickhead fan group putz around with Fate/Hollow, only to have some rando guy come in and translate the whole thing under their noses in a couple of months? That was pretty amazing.

That didn't happen.

The rando guy was the dickhead, shoving a whole bunch of Google Translated crap into it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

And on my first 30 Quartz too. :allears:

And then Gilgamesh says I've run out of luck. :lol:

(I probably have.)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bholder posted:

I think all the classic FSN servants got upgraded animations by now.

..except for both assassins

The game clearly needs to save it's budget for the animations a proper update for REGEND requires.

Plus I bet you Cursed Arm Hassan will get an update when there is the inevitable event tyinginto the Heaven's Feel movie.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Fate/Zero makes Stay/Night really idealistic and kiddy-pool. Zero and the new anime goes into what actually happens when adults are very willing to kill each other.

And guess what? All the adults screwed up and failed. :colbert:

Meanwhile the idealistic kids save the day. (Note that Waver's the only guy to get anything good out of that mess)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

Specifically, the reason Stay/Night's Masters are such a mishmash is that, after the genocidal clusterfuck of Zero, very few real magi are ready to risk it

Well, to be more accurate, it was expected to take place sixty years after the fourth, it taking place a mere ten years later means nobody is prepared.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Units are generally judged by other units of the same rarity.

So if a 5 star is "bad" that's just compared to other 5 stars. If it's your only one then use it .

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Motto posted:

Hah, this round is even easier than prelims.
Seriously.

The Golems hit like wet noodles and a Friend Summoned Arturia can basically do 90% of the work for the final round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man it was basically Not Losing there by the end with Jeanne and Support Waver just spamming their NPs.