Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
I am ready to be the cancer that is killing modern gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can confirm that Hassan is great.

Dead Arm Hassan is a goddamn beast. Depending on whether we are getting the guaranteed starter 4* in the English version, he could be the backbone for a lot of early teams. Even later on and in events his low cost, sustain, and consistent ability to generate crit stars make him valuable.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
One of the first events they did to promote the game in Japan was to let players pick a 4* servant for free. Could be that.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Conot posted:

Game isn't even out in the West yet and already the Waifu Wars have begun.

It's hell we're walking into, isn't it?

It's waifus and tier lists all the way down.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Lily talk, she's not especially good, but you'll get some mileage out of her early on when you're still starved for servants that aren't total garbage. After that she still has use in exp farming teams, her aoe and prana burst can clear a wave, and she offers increased NP generation for your team to help charge her and other team members' aoes up.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Generally speaking getting variety or wider coverage is better than just powering up a Noble Phantasm.

As for speed rerolling, it will be more time efficient to make the 30 quartz pull and then restart. The tutorial 10 roll is rigged and cannot give you a 5* servant.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Really? You can get multiple 4* Servants from it, though. Does it not just make nine normal rolls then pick a tutorial 4*?

5* servants are explicitly excluded from the tutorial draw. Likely to cut down on the rerolling but as if that's ever stopped rerollers.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you get a noticeable leg up if you reroll for a second 4* in the tutorial roll?

I'm not sure if the tutorial roll explicitly forbids a second 4* or not. However it all depends on who you get for how much of an advantage you will get. A 3* analysis hasn't been posted yet, but there are a TON of good and effective 3* servants available.

Edit- quick rundown for those interested

Saber: Caesar
Lancer: FSN CuChulainn, Prototype CuChulainn (to a lesser extent)
Archer: All of them. No seriously all of them, the design space here is surprisingly well conceived.
Caster: Medea, Paracelsus, CuChulainn
Rider: Medusa, Ushiwakamaru
Assassin: Fuma Kotaro, the other two Hassans (although it will take a while for these to be added)
Berserker: Kiyohime for AoE, LuBu for sheer absurd damage numbers

Captain Keene fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 23, 2017

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Seriously considering rerolling for Zhuge Liang/Waver. Between him and Heracles I'd easily be able to run roughshod over the game up to Camelot.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's spawned a bunch of inferior copycats but it's a dynamic that feels uniquely Nasu's style and I like it a lot. :)

Related, one thing I also felt was very "Type-Moon" in terms of art style is "Casually conservatively dressed heroines": Shiki, Saber, Arcuid, kinda sooorta Tohsoka, her red shirt covers a decent amount compared to a lot of anime today. It's something I *like* and find refreshing from TM and why some of the FGO Servant designs are just blergh and are disappointing, they abandon what I considered to be TM's signature 'style'.

e: One thing I look forward to with NA FGO is that because I can finally fully read and understand the game, plus my existing experiences, I should be able to be waaaay more effective even with 3*'s+Welfare 4*'s then I ever could with JP FGO.

e2: Do we have a steamgroup? Do we want one? Would we just join whichever one Reddit comes up with or are they sufficiently cancer that we don't want to do that?

I went ahead and made a Discord for people to use. Reddit is a handy source for info, but it's also full of cancerous MRAs and people who like girls that are more than just a little too young. I figure a goonchat will be much better at providing relevant information without needing to sort through the junk.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do we know the rates for 5* servants? There is no way that its 1%, feels way worse.

It's 1%. IIRC Gacha games have become such an issue in Japan that companies are legally required to disclose the rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
It is so incredibly strange to feel a sense of accomplishment at clearing 40AP hands again.