Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't like Mobage, I'll be the first to say that, but once upon a time I liked Fate/stay night, and I'm always up for a good RPG, so this sounds like my poo poo. Can I run it on an emulator? If so, which ones and how? My phone is very basic and I flat out don't think it has the capability of running many games on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

InfinityComplex posted:

So throwing this out here since I was rerolling for the hell of it. Here's an account with both Herc and Emiya but it's completely drained of it's starting quartz. Has a couple good CEs on it as well.

4HnurrSjnU == 1234

Berserker: Heracles, Archer: Emiya

Imaginary Element == 60% np gauge start
Gemcraft Antumbra == Increase crit strength by 25%
Divine Banquest == Increase np gauge gain by 25%

I grabbed this one, thanks!

In return, here's my original one that has Emiya and Cu, as well as Martha if you want that.

JTtPMrsDBZ
Password is g0qw4zb1

Sorry for the long and nonsense password, it's a habit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
For some reason it won't let me buy Saint Quartz. My google account shows up, with my payment info there, but it always returns an error. Is it because I'm emulating? Has anyone else had this issue?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Yup. You can't buy quartz on an emu.

So, if I wanted to buy quartz, I would have to transfer the account code to a phone, buy it there, then get another code to transfer it back to emu? Would that work?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Conot posted:

For those not aware, theres a button in your party setup screen called "Line Up"

The main benefit of using this is that you can choose whether the support is fielded with your initial three, like so

So if your friends are all fielding lvl 1 Mashu, you don't have to take her along.

Holy poo poo.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK, so I just sent a whole bunch of friend requests to some of the people in the list. Vel SA, Liriael, Tadders, ryscian, and Shineix. If you're one of those people, please accept a request from Franz, user ID 669,622,018.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Jeanne has carried me through the 40 AP daily so many times. Now that I have Cu on this account, he is also helping clutch it out. The guy who said Cu Chuculain is the best 3* Servant was absolutely correct.

I was browsing the Fate/Grand Order wiki looking for good Assassins, since at the moment I'm missing a good Assassin Servant, and apparently motherfucking Skull Knight is in this game?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A high leveled Jeanne, like one in the mid 40's to 50's, will carry your rear end straight to the halls of powerleveling. Slow but surely. It's why I really want to pull her now, but instinct says that the best is yet to come and to keep hoarding.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
IF you don't like that Lancelot, then rejoice, because in a while, don't know when but in a while when Camelot comes out Saber Lancelot kicks all kinds of rear end.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Better than Saberlot or mah gurl Shiki Ryougi tho? NO

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So how aam I supposed to beat Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Hope Gae Bolg insta-kills him?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can get him down to 50k HP as it is, thanks to combo of Jeanne and Cu clutching it out, but I can't get below that. Do I need a Waver support?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Right now it seems like I'll be hoarding tickets and quartz for Gil, who should be coming relatively soon if we truly do follow the JP release schedule, Scathach, Iskander, and Merlin. I figure Lalter is better than Iskander, because of course, but at the same time I don't give a gently caress I love Iskander.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've been reading that F/GO webcomic from the cirno site, and I like the interpretation that the MC is a psychopath.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh OK, it's not that Altera has a futuristic design despite being Atilla the Hun, she is literally an alien life form that fell to Earth thousands of years ago and was convinced by the Huns who woke her up from hibernation to lead them.

I forgot how wonderfully stupid the Nasuverse is.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just follow the LP, I've tried them, but I'm just not a fan of the Extra series or Dynasty Warriors clones.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There's no such thing as a "bad" Servant. Every Servant is your waifus and husbandos, and every one must be treated accordingly. Share the love, and you will be rewarded. Fate Namaste night.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
How Jojo does this game get in later chapters?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ruler Donald Trump.

Noble Phantasm: SAD!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Abraham Lincoln is the reason there are no Dead Apostle Ancestors in the F/GO world. I like it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
IIRC, from what I read when researching whether I should save up for him, all of Gilgamesh's attacks, including Buster, does 5 hits of damage each, letting him wrack up a lot of NP gauge or crit stats, because both of those are tied to how much your Servant hits. I might be thinking of another Servant, but I'm pretty sure it's Gilgamesh.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's weird that the Alter version is released earlier and also considered to be better than the "normal" versions, but I guess that's because the current meta is all about damage dealing (and to begin with the game's limited healing doesn't really support tanking) and out racing the enemy in a fight.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm basically foaming at the mouth on the inside resisting rerolling like twenty new accounts today to try my luck tomorrow. But I've already put too much effort into my main account to just abandon it. But the rolling tho...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
In between Master buffs, his max Bond CE, and his BC, you can get close to replicating God Hand tho.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Apparently this game when it was first released in japan sucked and was awful mobage garbage, but over time it got better. Is the version we have the awful garbage version or the improved version?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Roland's outfit looks very dumb.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Someone said that if you already have Herc and Emiya Carmilla is probably the best choice for the free 4*. How big a deal is she compared to Hassan or Kojiro? I don't really like anything about her, but if she's vastly better than the other two I might pick her up for gameplay reasons.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
God, F/GO runs like absolute garbage on my phone, but it's the only way I can buy quartz, so I'll have to hope it can not burst into flames. Spent $140 so far, no Gil, but I did get Artoria and Jeanne, and I'm prepared to spend another 140. Please stop me, the abyss is sucking me in.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK, if I don't get Gil in the next 160 dollars, I'll stop.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
More than 300 dollars down the drain, no Gil, and four Atalante's. Never before have I wept tears so bitter.

EDIT: Literally the only positive is that I now have at least 1 of every 5 and 4 star card.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

I meant CE's. I have at least 1 of every CE, barring the bond CE's. I have to literally stop myself from spending even more money trying to get Gil. Right now I can buy two more of the 80 dollar Saint Quartz package before I seriously need to call it quits, and I'm finding it really hard. My problem is (besides the gambling problem) I only really want a handful of Servants total right now. Scathach, Gil, Iskander, King Hassan, maybe Jeanne Alter, Merlin, and maybe Saber Lancelot. I don't care about anything else, so if it's something besides those Servants, I can easily just hold onto my quartz. But if it IS those few, then it's like my brain goes "What are you hoarding those quartz for if not this? BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY" Reasoning is telling me that there will always be another Gil rate up, and I can save my quartz until then, the gambling addict in me is screaming at me to splurge it all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh good, my next ten pull I got Gil. Now I can quit for now. A little under 400 dollars spent, not bad. As long as Scathach isn't released any time soon, I can recuperate and hoard. She should be released in about four months time, if we really are following the release schedule of Japan. Thank God.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
At least I can help keep this game running. I know I have a problem, but as long as it's focused in extremely specific ways and I don't care about waifus, then it's manageable.

EDIT: However, if they accelerate the release dates too much then I might actually break down sobbing, because my whole flimsy rationale behind spending so much is that I can recover more than enough for the next time one of my desired pulls comes around. Like, if they released Scathach and Iskander back to back after this that's too much.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 6, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Speaking of unnecessary spending, I added my name to the goon list of friends. I've only got 1 Waver buddy right now and for some reason he keeps sporadically dropping from my friends list, so if you have one odds are I'll add you.

Why does that happen, btw? Some of my friends will just vanish from my support list even though I was using them just one battle prior.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Oriental Hugs posted:

Anybody have any luck running this on an emulator.

It's my primary means of playing since my phone is nigh-incapable of running it. Go the Grand Order reddit and search for memu.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I've been trying to get optimal results from Command Card combos in battle. I've read somewhere (probably here) that for optimal NP gauge gain, it's Arts-Buster-Quick, because of how the order and each card works. Arts being the first card grants a bonus to every card after it for NP generation, and the last card gets the biggest boost, but because Buster barely gives any NP gauge it's better to stick it second, and Quick third to get optimal NP gains.

For maximum damage I guess it would be something like Buster-Arts-Quick, and for optimal star generation it would be Quick-Arts-Buster. Am I correct in these assumptions?

If so, does that apply only to a single Servant, or to all of them? Like, if I get a hand that has all cards for only 1 Servant, the above information is accurate for getting the most out of the Servant, whether it be NP gain, crit star gain, or sheer damage, but is it also true if the hand is full of cards from all three Servants?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I've been doing some digging to find out what I should save Mana Prisms for, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only one that seems worth it is the Bond Points card, Chaldea Lunchtime. The other two (all of which, to max out, costs 7k MP) don't seem that worth the effort to save/grind for. I imagine QP costs get ridiculous later on, but the QP card, for what it takes to max, doesn't seem worth the investment. And the exp one just strikes me as pointless because I'm leveling my outfit up just fine as is.

But I'm not a FGO veteran, so I'm asking for opinions as to whether or not to save for them. I'd like to get the BP card when it comes out, but I don't know if the other two are worth saving for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

rio posted:

Right now my leveling items have gone to Lancelot and Tamocat. She is a great damage dealer at lvl 27 but Lancelot is pretty squishy and didn't do as much damage at 23 - is Herc still a better option than Emiya even though I have those two berserkers already?

Also, how the heck do you level in this game? I have been playing a bit every day and am in Rome now. At the beginning I had a or of levelling stuff and have been using what I get from the friend gatcha but I have slowed down incredibly with leveling and have no idea where I am supposed to be levelling up. I have friends with absurdly high leveled character and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

Go to the Terminal and go to Chaldea Gate. Tap the 30 or 40 AP (now 15 and 20) Gathering Embers quests (the red ones at the top of the list). Choose a high leveled Jeanne support. Get carried to maximum leveling valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just spotted a male King Arthur on the wiki. Is he any good, or does he suffer from the same average rating as Artoria?