Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Sanguinia posted:

Other than Archer's actual storyline in F/SN, we've only gotten one other example of the memories-across-summoning thing, in Fate/Extra if you pick Archer and there's some additional dialogue related to that universe's Rin and Cu, but I haven't actually played that game so I don't know how it squares with GO's portrayal.

Extraverse is a different beast, because the Moon Cell summons the Servants from its own databases, not from the Throne of Heroes (though Nasu said its records are functionally identical to the Throne's) and Servants who participate in a Moon Cell Grail War will remember everything that happened between summonings. It's insinuated that they still have imperfect memories of any Grail Wars outside the Moon Cell though. In CCC, there's a scene where Gawain starts arguing with Gilgamesh, leading to Gil making GBS threads over all King Arthur and Camelot, but Gil acts like Arthur is someone he's only heard about, never met:

quote:

What very pure and high-minded king you must have served, that you don’t understand this much. An ideal king, shouldering all the expectations of the multitude, never faltering! If such a beautiful star exists, I would like to once gaze on it myself, but — it is an illusion after all.

Archer seems to remember more, but that's probably because in Extraverse he's still a Counter Guardian, but for the Moon Cell instead of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Well gently caress, just went on to do some more KnK missions and the one person on my friends' list with high level servants isn't on. :( Obviously I need to get more friends. I've only been playing for a month and a half, so my highest Servants are only around level 50-60. Anyone interested in helping out? I'm on pretty much every day, user ID 973,764,783, ign auowhen.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Hot drat y'all are fast. Thanks a million!

And yeah, I got confused between the ign and the name on my support setup. :doh:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Spent most of today clearing out the rest of the missions up to the 8th floor thanks to everyone and their supports :toot: and now I'm just one Shiki copy short of her full NP.

I was surprised by how easy the 7th floor was, even with my underleveled characters; I had a lot of fun rotating around everyone's Scathath's for repeated whaling on the boss in 702 (I was finishing up the divine Servants mission). Giving them all the buffs, then sitting back and watching them Gae Bolg Alternative-ing him for 300,000+ damage never got old.

The only room I had any real trouble with was 704. I hadn't bothered to level my Riders, since every guide I saw said "Don't bother with your Riders, too many Assassins in this event" and then the boss of 704 turns out to be a Caster. :argh: I had to take a break and grind up some experience for my Ushi, though I could only get her to 49 due to lack of ascension mats. George died pretty fast (well, he's kind of meant to, but still) and Ushi almost got wrecked as well, but fortunately NateRFB's Anne and Mary saved the day with a Brave Chain Free Bird after taking a Wicker Man to the face.

I looked up the 8th floor on Youtube and I think I shouldn't have too much trouble with 801 for my last Shiki, but I'll probably stop there. I don't think I'm going to be able to do the other rooms even with supports and frankly, I'm ready to go back to other things. According to what I've heard, the next event requires London cleared and I stopped at the very beginning of Okeanos to focus on this event, so I guess that's what I'll be focusing on.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

As I'm getting further into the game and starting to encounter higher-leveled Caster mobs, I've discovered that I really need to level another Rider besides Ushiwakamaru. She's stuck at level 50 for now due to lack of horseshoes for ascension and to be honest, I'm not that impressed with her damage. At level one, her NP only hits for about 35-40,000 with class advantage and buffs, and while I finally pulled another copy of her tonight to get her to NP 2, she's also fragile. I'm trying to do some of the higher-level free quests in London and frankly, even against Casters, she's getting her rear end kicked a lot.

I've got Astolfo, but the gacha hasn't blessed me with any other 4 or 5 star Riders. Who's the best candidate for leveling out of this group? I'm f2p, so my chances of getting someone better are limited right now. Everyone's at level one except George, who's at 35.

Astolfo
Medusa
Kid Alex
George (tank rather than a damage dealer)
Blackbeard (ugh, I hate his character)
Boudicea (hahaha no)

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm going to concentrate on Medusa, George and (ugh) Blackbeard for now, especially since I found out that Blackbeard's Interlude gives you 10 pages, which I badly need to ascend Caesar, Nursery Rhyme and Hans.

Man, there is nothing more frustrating than having a bunch of level-capped characters and not having the materials to ascend them. :argh: Ushi needs horseshoes, Robin and Euryale need snake gems, the list goes on...

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Tae posted:

Who besides me hasn't rolled into a jalter

Add me to the list. So far nothing but a bunch of repeat 3* (all of which are banned from appearing in my rolls again until I roll a good 4* or 5* servant that I don't have yet :argh:) and one Art of Death CE.

Just more of a reminder never to spend money on this game, I guess.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

I wish my ability to effortlessly pull great CEs would turn into the ability to effortlessly pull great Servants. :argh:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

After throwing all my remaining tickets from Onigashima on this banner, I have received:

NP 4 Ushi (which is fine, she needs it)
NP 2 FSN Cu (same. Also, I don't think he likes me very much because this is only the 2nd time I've seen him in 6 months :( )
NP whatever Mephistopheles (get back to hell, clown)

3rd Imaginary Element.
2nd Another Ending
2nd Imaginary Around
That new CE with Maiya.

....goddamnit, why does my luck continue to expend itself on 4 & 5 star CEs? I don't care about the CEs! I want Ozy and Saberlot! Especially Saberlot! My only Sabers are D'Eon and Caesar! My quartz, my quartz for a gold Saber who's not Siegfried! :argh:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its also wrong unless they forgot to rename Lily

It's also still Altria all over the announcements page.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

'here's a Trial Quest to help you get a feel for the new Servant! (and hopefully entice you to roll for her)'
'also she's a Caster class and your opponent is a Rider class servant. Have fun'

:downs:

See also: "We're going to force a Caster support on you for the final story battle against a Rider boss in part 2."

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

EGSunBro posted:

She's a pretty good buster servant, and she can gen her NP pretty good on her own too. She has anti-male on her NP too which is nice. For CEs, Buster effectiveness/crit strength like Victor of the Moon is ideal. Starting NP, attack up, crit star manipulation etc, she can take advantage of a lot.

Carmilla has anti-female bonus on her NP, not anti-male.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

In a futile effort to finally get a really good Saber (the only ones I have right now are D'Eon and Caesar) I threw all my monthly tickets and a single roll at the Saber banner. That got my third Art of Death, my second Projection and 3* garbage for the rest.

Today, I saw the Lancer banner, figured "why the hell not" because my only gold Lancer is Lalter (and Fionn, but Fionn doesn't count, he never counts), tossed three quartz at it and Lartoria pops out. :woop:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

:stare: I think I might need to go play the lottery. 6 quartz on the Caster banner got me my first Gilles and Tamamo. Second 5* on a single pull in less than a week.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Is it just me or does the new bronze medal node barely drop any medals? I've played through it a few times and average only 4-5 medals a run (plus the bonus from a full stack of Caligula), but I seem to remember a ton of them dropping on the original node.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Are there any strategies for the Scathach/Cu battle that don't involve an AOE Saber with MLB Princess of the White Rose? None of the Sabers on my friends list have it, and my only Sabers are D'Eon and Caesar, and we can all guess how that's going to turn out. :sigh:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yes, FGO is a marathon, not a sprint.

Also new people, if you find the right support, some of the Exhibition Challenge battles are quite possible to beat....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-KFzviZQo
Shishou&Cu
Siegfried
Medb
Gilgamesh
Finale

Can someone explain to me why the Cu Alter in the Siegfried video is taking off around a thousand HP with each hit, while my support Cu Alter, with same exact specs as the one in the video (MLB White Rose, level 100) is only doing double digit damage each hit? Even his NP is only doing like 70 damage each hit.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Eresh is great, not just for being Eresh, but because she actually puts on more clothes as she ascends, instead of the usual. Her final ascension dress is beautiful :swoon: and I'm sad they didn't use it for her FA card art (though that's beautiful too).

Since regular Merlin is so goddamn ridiculous as a support, I'm wondering now if Prototype Merlin will be an equally broken powerhouse attacker when she's finally released. Be nice to see the male version of the character be the supporting healer and the female version be the crazy-powerful asskicker for once too.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

All I'm getting out of that is it is criminal that King freaking Arthur isn't near the top of the list.

Buff the Best King!

If you mean Arthur-Arthur, speculation has it that he'll get buffed in the Camelot Lostbelt, which probably means waiting until next year. :sigh: It's ridiculous that he's so not great, considering that power-wise, there's a good chance he's actually stronger than Artoria.

(also, they better release arthur alter in the camelot lostbelt while they're at it, there's a design for him and everything too, come on!)

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Threw a summon ticket at the banner hoping for one of the event CEs but Jack popped out instead. :dance:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Welcome to your new daughterfu. She's pretty rad.

W.T. Fits posted:

Congratulations on becoming a mother. Please take proper care of your new murderdaughter and make sure she's appropriately dressed at all times.

Thank you! Hell loving yes, we're ready to stab. :chef: And I'm welding that cloak on her.

Since my last roll seems to prove that desire sensor exists, I'd also like to take this opportunity to state that I currently do not, and have never wanted the King of Heroes and during this New Year's I'd like for him to keep his dirty golden butt out of my Chaldea and not darken my door with his radiant golden presence and really high powerlevels or anything like that. :colbert:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Threw my login bonus ticket at Scathach's banner. A gold Lancer card shows up. I get excited. Am I about to pull another 5* only a few days after pulling Jack?

No, it's motherfucking NP3 FIONN, jfc.

Proposed QoL change: the ability to ban one Servant of your choosing from showing up during rolls.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Ezelek posted:

If anyone on Global still has some friend slots open, I'd be mighty grateful.

The only things I have to my name are a Caster-Tam, Mama-Raikou, and Original Shishou.

Sent as Liffrea.

Gloomy Rube posted:

Is Santa Mask Island in your heart?

Always. :colbert:

Mozart's mask gets around an awful lot, huh.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

RanKizama posted:

Single-pull. Gold card. Lancer. Cumhail NP2. gently caress.

I had a gold Lancer card show up while hunting for Ishtar/event CEs and immediately thought "Well poo poo, here comes NP4 Fionn".

I almost cried with relief when it turned out to be Liz instead.

(No Ishtar or event CEs, but Best Son also came home, so I am very well satisfied).

Count me in with the people who also shamefully don't have Arash leveled, but since I also don't have Summer Shishou or an AoE Berserker leveled, I'm not sure Arash would even be a help here. I've been rolling with Shiki/Faye's NP3 Mordred/Lalter and can usually 4-6 turn it depending on RNG, which is fine with me.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Just finished Camelot.

Bedivere needs so many hugs. :sympathy:

I could swear there was supposed to be more about the whole Fake Richard the Lionheart/Knights of the Round backstory in game, but I guess not? I'm assuming Fake Richard is going to be a thing at some point, because Nasu, but I'm curious who he really is and how he'll be relevant.

I hate to admit it but I snorted when Gawain snapped at the group about how the Knights would never lose to a bunch of grave robbers like the Crusaders. Uh dude, you were losing, that's why Gareth suicided in order to pin Fake Richard down long enough for you to kill him!

Love how even though the world is going to end and Agravain knows it's going to end, he still takes time out to fleece the merchants' guild for some extra pocket cash.

Agravain: I have no fear of death. Death is inevitable.

Soldier: Oh poo poo, Serenity's using her NP!

Agravain: *disappears like the Road Runner*

I'm pretty sure Nasu said that Agravain is one of the few people who knew that Artoria was actually a woman, so nice to see the little pause before "man" during his little misogynist rant. And based off what he said, it sounds like he's also aware that the Fall of Britain is a Quantum Time Lock, and inevitable, but he was desperately trying to stop it anyway? Agravain, you are a broken, broken man, but you're kind of interesting.

Nasu's Camelot/Zero summary and the knights' dialogue both make it sound like it was their decision to follow the Lion King that (oh no) doomed them to rejection by the Lance. But considering that Rhongomyniad would only select people that "do the right thing no matter what" to the point it was rejecting children, the Knights were never going to picked anyway. So I don't understand why that was even brought up.

Plus at that point they were Heroic Spirits and not humans anyway, so they wouldn't have been chosen simply based on that. So what was the point?

Gawain, don't you dare put the blame on Bedi for YOUR decision to become a murderous rear end in a top hat. :argh: And then Bedivere saying he's right to despise him. :cry:

Speaking of Gawain: does he have an interlude, or, well, anything that addresses how his massive guilt complex over Artoria has a nasty habit of making him a threat to the entire known world?

I'm serious. In Extra, he was Leo's Servant, and while Leo was a good kid, if he had won the Moon Cell Grail War, the world would have gone into stagnation. Which not only would have been extremely bad for humanity, it would have led to that iteration of the world becoming a pruned timeline. Gawain knew this, and also knew that Leo could never be the "true" king he was hoping to serve as atonement because Leo had never known defeat, and never really could, because in the Moon Cell defeat=death. But he kept on anyway.

Then Camelot showed that he's ready to throw away all scruples, commit mass murder of innocents and destroy the world if King Arthur says so, even if the king is no longer "King Arthur" but an inhuman goddess-monster instead.

I have to admit, I find Gawain's character pretty aggravating, because it does seem, from both Extra and Camelot, that he's half-aware that what he's doing is Wrong and will in fact make things much worse for both himself and literally everyone else on the planet. But then he keeps on doing the stupid over and over again and not learning from his mistakes. Come on, even Mordred realized that she needed to change, you have no excuse.

Hundred Personas and Cursed Arm were so drat great. :swoon: I know Tristan's actually one of the least guilty of the knights (aside from being guilty of following the Lion King in the first place) due to literally being brain-washed but it was very satisfying to see Tristan think he won and then, whoops, not only did Cursed Arm survive, he gets to go live a normal life with his son because the Cursed Arm went to Tristan.

OTOH, Serenity. I never liked Serenity in Prototype/Fragments but at least there she had a character and something approaching development. Then FGO throws all that out the window because FGO Serenity explicitly isn't Fragments Serenity, turns her into "Kiyohime but shy" and...that's it.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Completed Babylonia with a couple hours to spare before i missed my free quartz

:same: I've been playing this game like a second job between the Christmas events and trying to catch up for that sweet, sweet quartz. Now all I want is some pages and gears to get Jack and Vlad to their final ascensions and then I'm taking it easy for a while because yeesh.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

So a new interview with Nasu was just published, where he insinuates that FGO will be ending with part 2, and the ending will be "memorable". Also, Undertale reminds him of Dangan Ronpa.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Remember too that Nasu has claimed to be done with things before and then released a shitload of new content for them down the line. See "CCC is my last entry in the Fate universe", etc. etc.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Terper posted:

(hogs all the merlins)

Well, now I know why I haven't been able to pull him yet. :argh:

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

I had NP 2 Angra before I'd even been playing the game a year but it took the paid gacha for me to get a gold Rider that wasn't Astolfo or a welfare.

Gacha is weird.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

STALL TEAM FOR THE WIN.

112 TURNS.

2 1/2 HOURS.

NO SURVIVORS (except for my guys).

Mash/Merlin/Euryale took forever, but it was beautiful, constant NP spam, and no one even came close to dying until the end, when Dantes got a few lucky crits off. Longest parts were Jeanne (of course) and surprisingly those damned homunculi with Caligula, because they resisted Euryale and kept spamming their healing skill.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Compendium posted:

Half of my SSRs were from single rolls.

Every single one of my SSRs except for Ozy (paid gacha) were from single rolls. I'm f2p and don't generally save quartz for 10 rolls because, with the sole exception of my initial account roll, they've given me nothing but garbarge every time I've tried. So single rolls all the way.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Mordred: "Oh, Valentine's Day? That's a thing? Okay fine, here's some chocolate, btw I already starting eating it, is that okay with you?"

I still love you even though you're a Valentine's failure, Mo.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Vengarr posted:

The twist is that eating a chocolate someone else started is an indirect kiss by anime rules. Therefore you two are now married.

Not a problem with me, I'm proud to be best son's wife. :colbert:

On a different note, "Can Noble Phantasms have sex?" is not a question that I thought would ever come up in a Valentine's Day event, but here we are!

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Kild posted:

Is it just Ozy's that mentions it or does another one mention it?

Just Ozy's...I hope.

(Though, considering there's an upcoming Servant whose NP literally is his wife...)

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Some crazy person on Youtube did the challenge quest with only double Merlin and Tamamo and managed all right, even with Salter's focus on Casters.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Perfect beautiful husband man showed up after 17 tickets and 60 quartz and I still have plenty left over for a try at Waver and Cuzilla later. :dance:

I know gacha is bad civilization, but I'm a little annoyed that 17 tickets and roughly 80 quartz (I rolled some more after Arthur just to show who else would show up) only summoned two gold Servants. After about thirty quartz I got a silver Saber card that sparked gold...and it turned out to be NP 2 Saberlot, which, great, but also led to yelling.

I also got about fifty copies of the Merlin CE, slightly fewer of the Neverland one, a copy of Hot Sands, Cafe Camelot, the Fionn and Diarmuid one, NP 2 Bedi, and about ten copies of Saber Giles who would not stop showing up, what the hell, I don't even have Jeanne, go away!

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

lol

If you rolled a 5* and 4* from the equivalent of about 4-5 10-rolls, that's damned good luck. Not amazing, but a bit better than average (I think that someone should normally average a 5* every ten 10-pulls or so). If it was two 4*, I'd say that's about average for that many rolls.

Also Saberlot is great and my favorite servant, so NP2-ing him is good.

Yeah that was really a "my diamond shoes are too tight" post, ha.

DisDisDis posted:

Update:

They should draw Sanson as an adult woman more often too

I honestly thought Sanson was a gender-swapped Nursery Rhyme for a minute when I first saw that picture.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Nitis posted:

So, the last quest for this GUDAGUDA event is killing me. I burned command seals AND a quartz to beat it one time.

I have a fair amount of good servants, but seem to be lacking the knowledge to combo them. What are goons using to maximize points, and reduce turns spent on this quest?

This also won't work for everyone, but I've been using Friend Waver with point bonus CE/CasGil/Nursery Rhyme, with Plugsuit and Rider Kintoki with point bonus CE in the backline, everyone else has the Wolves CE. Waver pops all his skills in the 1st round, then face cards to build NP. Round 2, CasGil uses his Arts boost skill then NPs everything, mop up. Round 3 Waver and Rhyme NP for the stun/chain bonus, kill everyone except for Babbage, who's hopefully stunned. By then Waver's skills are back, so Kintoki Plugsuits in and Waver uses all his skills to get Kintoki to 100%, then Kintoki Golden Drives Babbage into oblivion (assuming Babbage doesn't use his invincibility skill).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

If anything Gawain's at his most assholish in OG Extra. He is a gag character for a good portion of CCC, a pretty nice dude in FGO CCC and a gentleman and proclaims his love of big titties, and I wanna say he at least has some pathos in Camelot.

He's kind of barely anything more than a noble knight in the Extella games, but he's not really there to do anything of significance so that's partially why.

I'd say that slaughtering children in front of their screaming, begging mothers goes way beyond anything Extra Gawain did on the rear end in a top hat scale.

Plus, Nasu's Camelot notes made it clear that Gawain knew from the start that Rhongomyniad wasn't "his" King Arthur (or King Arthur anymore, period), but he still chose to join in her warped plans anyway. Tristan at least had the fig-leaf of being brainwashed into a complete 180 of his usual personality.

Dude is super hosed up and not nearly called out enough for it, IMO.