Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
someone talking poo poo about my kouhai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tsurupettan posted:

better idea: play this game but don't spend money on it

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No make him Jude Law

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, but he wasn't a gundam

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sophism posted:

Managed to get all the ascension/skill mats and two of the Nero CEs. Sadly I only had two CE drops during the event, so I'm one short of having it maxed.

I really hope future events actually have some story to them.

A lot of the events tend to be Carnival Phantasm level silly in terms of story meaning very few are "serious" so to speak. And even in the serious events, there's silliness one way or another.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Soylentbits posted:

That's fine but there is story right? I don't care if the story is Mata Hari decides to buy Mozart a hearing aid. I just want some reason to murder zombie dragon King Louie besides we're doing a tournament so whatevs.

As an example, the story for the Christmas event is that we deliver presents to other Servants with Santa Alter. It goes about as well as you think.

Like, beyond that, I'm trying not to spoil things.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That just means you must love and raise the waifus you already have and were there all along

or something

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can't believe Gawain is stronger than Tiamat, he is the true Advent Beast

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You're not gonna have one working party for "all situations" by the time Camelot is out. You're gonna have to mix it up and plan like Endorph said because your rear end will be handed to you if you just depend on a few Servants for their brute forcing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The time between now and Camelot is long, so you'll ideally have a lot of ascended/maxed out Servants at that time. As it's been mentioned, one way or another, this game is a marathon, not a sprint. You can do all the level up and ascending slowly before we get to the big leagues and if you collect and use your assets wisely, you won't be lacking in maxed out characters.

And depending on some chapters, you'll have to use a story support, but you'll be able to use friend supports as usual in other sections.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 7, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
He is also rocks the pigtails really well

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda wish I rerolled for Waver and just grabbed Emiya from the free servant event. I pretty much never use Herc anymore with Lancelot in my team.

Lancelot is for mobs, Herc is for bosses, just keep that in mind.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Alard posted:

Yeah, in my friends list there is a Level 92 Herc with the 5* Buster boost CE and I haven't seen anything come close to the single-target damage it can pump out.

Ibaraki and Berserker from Argatha chapter are really good 4* Berserkers w/ good skills and single target NP damage, but they definitely aren't as survivable as Herc.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Spent all my free quartz, got some event CEs, but poo poo rolls until I paid up and got Nito and Fran.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Vengarr posted:

You have to invest massively in D'eon for her to become a better tank than Georgios.

At least Sumanai can kill dragons.

Berserkers do a better job than Sumanai at dragon slaying

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The story for this year's summer event is fun in terms of story and it isn't a chore to figure out where to grind bc there aren't a lot of event drops that you need (just the plates, wheels, and junk parts) unlike the previous summer where you needed a whole bunch of stuff and keep track of what servants increased what drop.

Needs more quartz

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't grind to bond, bond while you grind.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No, you just get quartz from free quests on the game and from log in bonuses and sometimes apology gifts and from getting quartz shards from the weekly mission. There is no cheaper way, you either spend time or money or both for quartz.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I leveled up every servant I got in JP, gotta contract properly w/ 'em all

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
They are also your friends

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There isn't going to be any bronze servants for a LONG time, meanwhile we'll get a bunch of silvers in spades. And honestly, I wouldn't try to just roll for 3*s when they have rate ups because chances are you'll get spooked by them when you're gunning for golds in other gachas.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What I'm saying is ascension and leveling hell never ends you're just prolonging the pain.

NRVNQSR posted:

Except the story locked ones.

They'll still spook you, not all of them are locked

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure what you mean? All of the story locked servants are story locked. Since no-one should ever roll the story gatcha under any circumstances they're not going to appear unless you're rolling on their rate-up gatcha.

I think we're having a misunderstanding here. I'm not even really taking the story gacha into account bc I never roll it and like you said, no one should. What I AM saying is that you'll get 3*s really, really, really easily, and you shouldn't sincerely aim for them cause they'll be in other pools. Like, they'll eventually flock to you.

Long story short: Aim for the gold, be grumpily sated by the 3*s you get unless they're already NP5.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 28, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Example, Hundred-Face-Hassan keeps showing up in a lot of my rolls when you'd think they'd just be for the Fate/Zero event (I mean, eventually Hundred-Face is also in Camelot but my point stands)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tamacat is also a very good cook and makes meals with Emiya

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tired Moritz posted:

I got nothing good. This game is supposed to be fun, right?

Perhaps...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Focus an alter Saber she's better than vanilla saber

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It also doesn't need a spoiler tag, silvers turning into golds happens quite a bit.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Clawtopsy posted:

Where should I go from here? Is there stuff I should be doing daily? Why is Guillotine Breaker so cute?

Clear daily quests for Mana Prisms, EXP cards to level up your Servants, and get QP points so you're able to do any leveling at all. Clear free quests that are on the story maps to get free quartz and if your bond level is high enough with some Servants, check to see if their Interlude Quest unlocked so you can get a free quartz to complete it. And by doing all these things, you'll get more FP, Master EXP to get more AP and so on and so forth, you can just read the second post in the OP.

Vive la France.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If anything, later down the line, stall teams are more important. You will want your boss killers, but Servants that keep your party alive are really essential.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

New Leaf posted:

Prototype Cu looks sooo much cooler than the normal and superior Cu..

All dogs are good.

Clawtopsy posted:

why does jing ke have such an awesome character model, sick cards, but such absolutely garbage art

This game has an issue where the designs aren't bad (usually) but the artists style makes it look like garbage. Jing Ke in Arco Wada's style for instance is good and same with Nightingale.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Schubalts posted:

Kayneth's mistake was thinking that Kiritsugu had a code of ethics.

He also made the mistake of summoning a really hot dude that his wife would pay attention to instead of him.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thankfully, in FGO, Diarmuid is 1000x happier being our Servant, even with his abysmal luck stat cause the protagonist has the best Master capability.

Which isn't much when comparing most of the Masters in Zero, but still

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thanks NA whales

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nyaa posted:

You are overthinking this.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

oath2order posted:

Oh right I've had atlanta literally since Day 1 and I never remember/care.

You are right because we have better archers like Emiya, Gil, and Robin, and we'll get even better ones in the future

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Odysseus would be a Rider you chumps

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You keep everyone because they are your friends

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This is free 4*s for JP FGO, sorry