Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The other Daily Quests just give you money and Ascension materials, and I think the latter is actually bugged/hosed now or something and isn't actually providing anything useful. XP cards be be used for either leveling up or getting prisms on the other hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd love a Waver (but who wouldn't) but I'm very happy with my Jeanne, she's been fairly easy to build around so far. I definitely want to try for Gil assuming that's out first. I'd love to try for Saber Alter but I just don't know how that'll go with the current pool. I might just hope I get her during Gil's rateup somehow.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh so some Servants literally leave the pool during some events? Hmm.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Schubalts posted:

No, some servants are only in the story gacha, unless they are added to a specific rate-up. The story gacha is always available.
I guess this is a matter of me not knowing what "rateup" actually entails. I kind of expected it to just be a "click on Summon, and now when you do a Story gacha it has different odds", but by the sounds of it it's a different/new menu option altogether?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just want to get an alternative to Saber Lily, mostly. Might be worth waiting until Septem since Nero is supposed to be another good 4* Saber.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

Yeah, unfortunately there aren't any Ruler EXP cards so you only get a bonus from the universal ones. But you'll probably eventually use off class EXP cards too, since you might start stockpiling for a class that you aren't leveling and have nothing to do with them.
Yeah since my best Saber is Saber Lily, I've been shoving every Saber XP card into my Jeanne. She's up to 40 so I might start doing the same for Herc/Robin/Cu/Ushiwakamaru because I want to get a large enough pool of fellows able to do the 40AP daily.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bholder posted:

His final ascension turns him young even.
gently caress! Why'd you have to say that? Now I have to get him somehow.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've definitely lost a few dudes every now and then, usually to a series of crits. It's a big reason why even though I'm doing a lot better on the 30AP dailies I'm still very worried about being able to clear the 40AP one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EzEight posted:

If you have a 5* you should be able to clear the quest with some setup. Whats your setup?

Today is Sword/Rider
Jeanne/Ushiwakamaru/Support, usually swapping Ushi out with Cu Lancer or Robin Hood or Hercules. I've been leaning heavily on Ushi today at least because the Rider Silver XP cards have pushed her up to be ready for her second ascension, but currently both Cu and Robin are only in the 20s.

I'll probably start throwing my excess cards into Robin/Cu once I get Herc up to 40. My tentative plan is tackle it when all are at 40.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 30, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Hagop posted:

jeanne(32)/Herc(22)/support vlad(60) Shield girl(8)/na/na is what I first cleared the 40 with.
It just seems like Berserkers go down way too quickly. Even just now, my Lv40 Herc died in the first round on the 30AP due to everyone ganging up on him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So Herc/George(who I do have), hope they survive round 1, and then pop the skills round 2 to get everyone through it, and keep Jeanne in the wings as a backup?

Also I got Herc up to 40 but gently caress!!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whatever daily (make sure you do the red "Ember" ones, not the others) you're able to handle is the one you should do, whether it's a 30AP or 10AP. A super high level support (there are plenty of 50s and even 60 floating around) can probably carry you by themselves through the 20 AP right now. You'll level up so quickly from the XP cards that eventually you'll be able to take on more and more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Leaf posted:

Oh poo poo. I just cleared the 30AP one no problem. Can I just keep doing that? I got a full level of Rank from it.
Yep, though you won't get the prisms until the next day. But no one does it for the prisms anyway.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really need Rider Pieces for ascension, as well as Berserker. I should be able to get the former from fighting Shadow Medusa in Fuyuki and the latter somewhere in Orleans, right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

Is there any shorter way to ascend hercules other than waiting for the speific daily?
This is my current hell. Need just a few pieces to ascend Herc and George before I try the 40AP, but it looks like all of it will have to wait until either I get lucky in the story or it shows up in a daily.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I see it lists "???" for the drop rate on Silver Rider Pieces in Fuyuki X-E, I can definitively state that the rate is gently caress! poo poo! %.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Saber Alter got talked up a lot in a couple of places (not necessarily here) as being a great Saber to shoot for, like Herc/Robin/Cu level, and that was the primary reason I was strongly considering spending a few rolls trying for her. I guess in your view, when and who is the first "yo try to roll for this Saber"? To use your own rating system, the first one that you'd rate above a 8/10.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Alright, that's fair. I still see a handful of things that might be worth rolling for (Gil, the FSN campaign for more Hercs/Medeas/Medusas) but otherwise I'm cool with hoarding stuff for a while until that event.

E: Besides having a dump class like Saber for now means I have a reliable avenue for XP cards for Mash/Jeanne.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 1, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh thank god finally ascended Herc, now to try that 40AP.

Is there a quick and easy guide/wiki for what happens to a skill when it improves? Trying to debate between Guts and Protection From Arrows for Cu.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

The most important thing is that at levels 5 and 10 the cooldown is reduced by 1 turn each.
Does the level up for those types of skills not doing anything until then, then? Since the only other thing that could be different is how long the effects last.

E: vvv Thanks, I really should just google poo poo before asking because yeah it was in the exact place you'd expect.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 1, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK I clearly need to figure out this Herc/George strategy better, because George/Mash were gone round 1 and Herc couldn't make it through round 2. But thanks to Cu and Protection From Arrows round 3 was a breeze. That dude is pretty great!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EzEight posted:

I have you on my friendlist assuming your IGN is the same name. Use my Waver IGN Bill, LV60 Waver.

Your team comp should be, Jeanne/ Cu Chulain/ My:Waver // Reserve is Herc.

No one on the front line should die, so you can easily grind your way to victory in 10- 13 turns, just be sure to bank NP for Jeanne as the Archer hands charge NP in 3 turns.
I use the same team except I borrow a friends Jeanne(LV50) for low risk grinding.
Once my AP recharges I'll give that a try too. I was previously using Raenir Salazar's level 70(!!) Jeanne, but who knows how frequently I'll be able to do that so I'd imagine the more strategies/setups you can figure out to get through the 40AP the better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Turns out the secret to the George/Herc strategy is to put defense CEs on him so he lasts the whole way through. I've done like five 40 APs since and it's been a dawdle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The material gathering quests are the ones that are currently hosed/not available yet, right? According to this, today is Saber materials but I still fought Carmilla in the 30AP which I'm fairly sure I already did a few days ago.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Once Herc hits 50 I'm going to stop messing around and just finish the story, because that is easily the best way to get pieces. Then when I'm done I can step back and see what I'm missing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It looks like according to the wikia, Rome really only provides pieces for Berserkers, a saber, and a rider. I need 3 of caster/lancer/rider/Archer. Pretty much my only choice is to hope for updates in the 30ap daily, right? The two days I've done it was Carmilla both times at the end, has anyone else gotten anyone else?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Technically all of those are farmable in free quests in Orleans, but yes, if you want that many different ones I suspect the 30AP daily Duels are going to be your best bet. I've seen Saber Lily and Cu in the knights one and Marie and Carmilla in the horsemen one so I think they're working as intended.
Is knights the 20? Don't think I've tried that yet.

Btw, if anyone needs a 50 Herc for the dailies, I'll prune some of my lvl 1 mash friends in a bit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thanks. I just want to ascend Jeanne, basically. Someone in my friends list has a 70 Jeanne and I'm super jealous.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What is this crap, there isn't even a materials daily of any kind today.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd still wait until Gilgamesh personally. If you haven't rolled since the tutorial you're going to have enough for like 3 rolls or more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess it's only useful now at the start, but Jeanne only requiring pieces and monuments to ascend is also a plus I'd think.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got a Medea from the friend gacha but otherwise my 3 star pulls from it have been dire.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
From the duel daily: look my pal Gil, I know gold is your thing but I really need pieces, not monuments!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The RNG gods have finally granted me the pieces for Jeanne's first ascension :toot: I guess I should still go at this daily a few more times today though because I'll need those pieces for Cu and Robin, eventually.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really like how enthusiastic St. George is to have me endlessly sacrifice him to these dailies. Don't worry buddy I'll ascend you...someday.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can only imagine that the reasons for Jeanne Alter's popularity is due to gameplay reasons and/pror event/interlude segments, because Orleans did very little to endear her for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

New Leaf posted:

I keep getting Gold ones and not the Silver.. Do I need to be doing it at level 2 or level 3?
You just have to pray to the RNG gods. Eventually you'll need the gold ones later for her and others, anyway.

Story Servant battles seem to always drop silver pieces too, though not as much (i.e. at all) in the Free Mission versions.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

If I ever have to fight Marie and her stupid "lol I'm invincible and gonna heal myself" skill again I'm going to break this tablet in half.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Best I got with the free quartz from story and gifts was a Limited / Zero Over, some NP upgrades for Medusa and Cu, and a slew of 3 Star Servants I can look forward to burning. I might roll again as I progress in the story and get some more quartz but it looks like I'll have to try for Gil again when he rates up later.

On the flip side the lowered cost of the 40AP will probably mean I'll get to ascend Jeanne a second time today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking ahead, I could see maybe Waver's rateup being something to throw a 10 roll on, but the other rateups in that group are pretty bad outside of Lancelot and Waver could always show up in any other roll. I kind of like Tamamo and Drake, but I'm not certain I like them enough to waste a 10 roll on them. So besides this Gil rateup Okita in some 4 months time would be the next thing I'd want to seriously try for.