Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Put me back in for the Penguins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think it's my pick? I'll take Carey Price which is a boring pick but I don't know how he dropped to me since he's the best goalie in the league.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

JoelJoel posted:

Goalie in the first round? C'mmmon.

It pains me too but he's too good to pass up :/.

stab posted:

FUUUUCKKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUUUUU

Carey has always dreamed of bringing a sixth cup to Pittsburgh.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I wouldn't say he dropped, middle of the 1st is about exactly where he should go, maybe even a few picks later when you consider his contract

It's a huge contract but he's also one of the few players available that is capable of carrying a team on his own and who is also still relatively young. Plus goalies age better than other positions.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

corn on the cop posted:

JoelJoel selects the Art Ross winner in 2014-15 and the owner of the strangest development curve I've ever seen, Jamie Benn.

Good pick. If I were taking a forward instead he's who I would have taken. Not too old and still very good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Alex Pietrangelo so Carey has a non poo poo d in front of him to lean on.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Phone posting again. Aaron Ekblad.

Little worried about that boy's brain

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

corn on the cop posted:

Letang was my second choice after Lindholm but something about neck injuries and over the age of 30 has me legit concerned

He seemed as dominant as ever last year when he was actually playing. And his skating is so good that even losing some of it would still have him being a great dman.

But yeah the whole made of glass thing is a bit of a concern.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

combining the tanger's repeated brain injuries with his innate desire to kill others, i decided to pass but i sure do love him anyway

It's interesting how young this one is going. I bet if a draft like this happened in the NHL Letang would never get taken this late. We're trending a lot younger than I think a real draft like this would go.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

If he was healthy he'd be somewhere in the top 4 D picked.

If he could stay healthy I'd take him over anyone but Karlsson I think. He's that good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

It's maybe a tiny bit early for him, but Ginette has two picks before I go again and took him in the fourth round last year. I'm taking Matt Murray.

I've got Price already. Murray definitely owns though and I think would be good anywhere. He's not just a product of being on the Pens.

e: Furnaceface is up

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Alright. His declining point totals are concerning but he's still one of the most talented players in the league and an ace on the powerplay. I'll take Claude Giroux.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

I was wondering when he would go. I find we suffer from serious recency bias during these things.

He's not exactly young so I might have just hosed up but I feel like he's better than a 58 point player. We'll see I guess.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Technetium posted:

I mean he's 29, has 5 more years at 8,275,000 with a full NMC and has seen startling point drops the past 4 years year over year. And it's not just his shooting his primary assist totals have been falling at an even more alarming rate. He used to be one of the very best in the league at setting people up but not so much anymore. For what it's worth he still seems fine at driving play so that's a decent sign. His decline sure seems to be coming fast and hard though.

Philly has sucked poo poo for the past few years which I'm sure doesn't help.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Goddamn Perry is 32? When did that happen?

Also probably a good call - he was 4% off his career shooting percentage last season so unless he is imploding he's probably good for another year or two of hitting 30

He skates like he's 38

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

Ah, gently caress, I dunno. Give me Logan Couture.

Kinda forgot he was still there. That's a good pick.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: Actually I'm going to take Ricard Rakell

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 19, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

HEY gently caress YOU THAT WAS MY GUY YOU'RE A DICK

The other guy I was gonna take is pretty good too hopefully nobody else saw it and you can take him :colbert:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

Rakell is significantly better than who you originally had, though.

I get that there isn't really a rule against it, but personally I dislike people changing their picks after posting and updating the spreadsheet.

I mean I did it about three minutes after posting and i wasn't even finished updating the spreadsheet. But yeah I'll try not to do that in the future. I don't care if someone does though as long as you don't do it before the next person picks obviously.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

To be fair, you get 2 hours to pick, and that was an after hours pick to boot so it was more like 13 hours, there's literally no reason with all that time, plus waiting time between picks, that you should ever have to edit a different guy into a post unless the guy you're trying to draft was already picked

Am I about to be fined a draft pick like the Devils?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Bo Horvat

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Horvat's fancies suck too but hopefully that's just a product of being on the Canucks and his offensive stats have gone up each year he's been in the league which is promising

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

horvat's fancies suck because all he knows how to do is produce offense. shockingly, defensive talent doesnt translate from jrs to pro

Well you can't teach offense but you certainly can teach defense so hopefully Horvat can figure out the rest of the game because he already knows how to score.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Dammit I was gonna take Toffoli and was amazed he kept slipping. I was hoping nobody else noticed him.

I have no choice then but to go full homer. Pittsburgh takes Jake Guentzel.

e:

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Horvat

Pietrangelo

Price

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress you

I knew I should have picked him before you got two in a row.

I was surprised you didn't spring on him earlier. I had my eyes on Toffoli as I think his game is more rounded than Guentzel's at this point but I'm still happy to get Jake.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yaya posted:

Guentzel was who I was thinking before I decided it was the time for Keller. Guentzel has super impressive numbers but his shooting % was very high. 19% in the regular season and like, 25% in the playoffs.

Yeah, but on the other hand he ripped the AHL a new rear end in a top hat and has scored at every level. He's for real it's just a question of how good he is.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Technetium posted:

Give me something called Brady Skjei

He was who I would have taken if I'd gone d instead of Guentzel. Good pick for sure.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I need a top pairing RHD so I'm taking Charlie McAvoy. He's cheap, and he's good as hell. Part of me thinks he might have still been available on my next pick but I'd rather just take him now.

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho

Fowler-McAvoy

Gibson

I haven't seen McAvoy play a ton but he seems promising.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Jakob Silfverberg

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I got tired of doing that so now I just do a search on the "picks by team" tab since for some reason it doesn't seem to want to let me search on the main draft tab of the spreadsheet

yeah I just control + f to see if a guy has been taken.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Lucic doesn't play with McDavid. They tried that a bunch but it really, really doesn't work. Unsurprisingly, the slowest dude in the league doesn't pair well with the fastest.

Yet somehow it worked with Maroon

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

I was gonna add that but he hasn't been taken, so I opted not to mention him.

If I interrupted someone's master plan of taking him, I apologize.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Colin Miller and hope his outrageously good fancy stats are a product of him more than being on a strong possession team like Boston.

e:

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Horvat-Silfverberg

Pietrangelo-Miller

Price

^ ....Maybe better than the actual Habs I guess? lol

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 25, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Hes old and injury prone but I dont care because he can still put up points on lovely teams like Dallas so theres no way his career would fall off a cliff once arriving in New York.

How many times did Neil Smith say that in the 90's?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Brian Dumoulin since he's signed for a while and is a solid defensive d with an ok exit pass.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Phone posting so cant update sheet. Gimme connor brown

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I too will be gone if you don't mind me ping as,well. And yeah I was surprised brown was available too given the season he had and on a popular team no less.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sent to my special master list of elite picks to Exxon.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Gimme dat Jannik Hansen

I almost put him on my list. Good pick imo. He'd be great on an actual good team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm back and can make my picks again. Thanks for covering for me.

• Locked thread