Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas Young Gunz/Defence Is For Suckers are going to take the league by storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I will bring glory to Arizona again, so long as we still have no native Arizona fans more inclined to do so.

Lol

"both our fans must be thrilled."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yaya posted:

The Jets (and by extension picks 13 and 50 & onwards) would like to swap spots with somebody near the end of the first round, if they're interested.

I'm down. I sleep all day and would love some space between my picks. 24th work for you?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Boooo

Anyway, anyone else wanna swap?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Actually, the whole draft is wrong. We should randomize the order and use that order to pick which spot you get in the draft.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

corn on the cop posted:

although it's kinda lame when you don't get a choice in your first pick

Well, screw that one person. Needs of the many, and all.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Infidel Castro posted:

I've taken a C with my annual top 4 pick every year I've done this.

Not this time.

Philadelphia selects and welcomes D Erik Karlsson, where his absurd talent will truly be appreciated.

With one pick you make the conference finals.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Who can I pm my picks too?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

corn on the cop posted:

I'm around all day tomorrow so I'll take them

Cool, thanks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Goalie in the first round? C'mmmon.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Benn is best pick. He had a really down year with injuries and the team around him falling apart but he's still only one removed from a scoring title. He's youngish and signed to a lot for a lot of years but his value should hold well into his 30s and he only looks better as the cap goes (hopefully) up. Like everyone here I plan in putting together a young team with a few veteran cornerstones and there were none better on that board to lead a young offence (okay, maybe Malkin but his knees are due to blow up again any day now).

Benn brings looks, talent, leadership, and the rare ability to just pick up a mediocre team and drag them beyond their abilities. He might shy away from warming you up before putting it in, but he'll do it at or around 40 times a season for years to come.

He's a bit hidden in Dallas, so I'm not too surprised he fell to me, but absolutely elated I could snag him at 24. If he was off the board I'd go in a different direction and have been forced to pick a different kind of team.

Welcome to Dallas, Jamie. I don't care what people say, I think your hair looks great.

E: spreadsheet isn't updating on my phone for some reason. I'll add the details when I get home tonight.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 14, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, unless you got EK as your first round D selection you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jonathan Fisk posted:

cmon 1d>1w with a few exceptions

I know I stole your pick because you slept in, but you don't gotta be so sour about it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

three picks in a row, it's my ranked 1-2-3 lol

so time for me to regret my dual picks now ffs

ill take some crap

Aleksander Barkov
David Pastrnak

gently caress my life

Lol, calm the gently caress down. These are fine picks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wat?

Anyway, you're skipped.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Willy Nylander. Note sure about his hockey, but maaaaan that flo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Bob.

e:

:siren:TOP COP OFFICER SERGEI BOBROVSKY, COME ON DOWN!:siren:

e2: I might do a write up later but he's the PBA right now by a mile and better than at least two goalies already selected (and like 20+ skaters selected).

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 18, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vincent Van Goat posted:

this definitely deserves a write up

He's better than hank and probably better than Murray as a known quantity. I'm not trying to knock Murray but he's still young enough to go either way.

Fight me.

E- price is better (when not broken). Murray is close. Holtby as good maybe a bit better, but sucks in the playoffs. If I had to I'd rank em: Price, Holtby/Bob, then Murray. There's another in there I'd be tempted to take after Bob and before Murray but rules and all.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 18, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza posted:

Braden Holtby, career playoffs: 29-30, 2.01 GAA, 0.930 Sv%, 4 SO
Sergei Bobrovsky, career playoffs: 3-10, 3.63 GAA, 0.887 Sv%, 0 SO

:thunk:

Lol, yeah, I struck that out the second I posted it. Sample size and all, but, yeah recent events tainted my opinion and I was wrong.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey, if you pay em like a starter they'll play like a starter, amirite? No? Oh.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kadri is underrated. He rarely got the minutes or linemates to show his true value. And he's a real pos, which I admire in a hockey player.

Anyway, since some prick took Klingberg already, I'll go with the other Klingberg and select the ghost bear.

Shayne (Shane?) had a down year last season but the Stars are confident he'll bounce right back. He's got all the skills to crack a game open and provided he's paired with someone that can cover for his occasional oopsies (okay, his frequent oopsies) he'll drive the play and sock dingers at the net all day. I wouldn't have taken him this high last year despite his phenomenal rookie campaign, but last season he ate up 20 mins a night and looked ready to step into a bigger role.

He's not a clear cut number 1 D yet, but playing defense is boring and stupid anyway. Ghost, come spookily on down.

E oh, and can someone fill in his info? At work and won't be near a computer for a while.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 19, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He old. He'll be okay at that price for another season or two. Probably.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It also falls into the don't talk about players still on the board rule.

I say no mercy. A post is a pick.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, you gents are certainly not loving up my shirt list.

Kilza posted:

b]Brett Pesce[/b].

I get the gimmick, but, uh who? And after looking him up... is there something I'm missing about him?

And is it pronounced like "push" bit with an "e"?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza posted:

The fact that he plays for the Hurricanes means he doesn't get much exposure, but he's a really good defenseman. As seen by the posted HERO chart, his shot suppression is really good, he generates a decent amount of shot attempts and offense, he improved quite a bit from 2015-16 to 2016-17 and he still has room to grow at age 22. I think he'll definitely be a part of why the Hurricanes get back into the playoffs this season which is why I had no problem picking him now as my 2nd pairing RHD.

Meh, small sample size blah blah. I guess my beef is really just that I don't know who he is and he doesn't do lots of points. Really question: was he picked last time and if so how'd he do in the eshl sim?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

His fancies aren't great, but I do love me some Domi. His face is such a wonderful mashup of a beautiful woman and Tie Domi. Sucks he's stuck in Arizona until the end of time.

Anyway, the Stars are proud to select perennial 70 point scorer Mika Zibanejad.

Great 1-2 punch up the middle with Willy Ny. He brings speed, dangles, and most importantly, the flow.

Benn - Zbad -
- Nylander -

Gostisbehere -

Bob

Coming along.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't really put a lot of stock in shot production/suppression as a useful individual metric, but even if I did I'd cut a 19 year old on a lottery team a break. Especially with his offensive skill to offset.

He's, uh, not 19.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

Fuuuuuuuu

Lol, this was my pick had zbad gone. I almost wish he had so I could have snagged another one off your list.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Considering you don't have 3 NHL forwards yet, it might be a bit early to be grabbing 18-year-olds.

There are a few D-men that really interest me but defense is boring so I've gotta go with another centre.

Derick Brassard.

Career low in points and shooting % in his first campaign with Ottawa last year; should bounce back nicely. Versatile, proven centreman that will put up points. He's pretty good in all zone, he can play up and down the lineup, and I'm pretty sure I've even seen him play on the wing. Just barely on the right side of 30 and signed to a reasonable 5 mil for a couple more years.

I, mean, he's no Zibanejad, but he'll do nicely.

Benn - Zbad -
- Nylander -
- Brassard -

Ghost

Bob

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Also, Kreider is a good pick. Crazy you fools let him slide so far.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yaya posted:

I drafted Keller like I'm drafting for a franchise and not a single season sim. If he's not the best forward prospect right now he's in the top 3 and he's my pick to win the Calder next season.

Seems weird to plan a franchise around two aging forwards, a second tier goalie, and an unproven 18y/o. But, hey, man, you do you.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, the guy with half a season shooting 20 percent playing with hall of famers.

You guys are blinded by youth jfc.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

FBS posted:

There are a lot of reasons to pick this player, from his fancy stats to his contract to his flexibility, but the only reason that matters is the huge man-crush I have on him.

Mathieu Perreault

That's a good flo pick.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza posted:

Currently my team, which is set up for all games to be 1-0 shootout wins/losses, looks like this:
x - Couturier - x
x - Lindholm - x
x - x - x
x - x - x

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
x - x

Talbot
x

While having 2 2Cs fill out my top 2 centers isn't ideal, Couturier is one of the best defensive forwards in the game and should be up for a Selke nomination one of these years. Lindholm is 22 and has been steadily growing, so I'm hopeful he can continue to trend in the right direction. Plus I have roughly $46.7 mil to spend on 15 more players which is really good.

Although I could definitely use another defenseman or two soon. :unsmigghh:

Hedman Klingberg is deadly. Easily the best pairing here. Pick up a couple old wingers that can move the puck and shoot a bit and you'll have at least one sick pp line.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Give me Calvin De Haan. Not sure why the Islanders hate him, but we have a nice home for him in Dallas.

He used to kind of almost have some flo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Mike Green.

He's 31. So, no peach but he's got a few good years left. Even as he gets older and slows down he can still QB the PP and sock dingers. He continues the theme of offense first (and relying on BOB a lot). His shooting percentage was high last year, but I think it's reasonable to expect ~10g and ~25a from his for a few more seasons. Few younger guys floating around still, but he's the best overall d-man available rn.

Flo: ✓

Benn - Zbad -
- Nylander -
- Brassard -

De Haan - Green
- Ghost

Bob

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jonathan Fisk
Ginette Reno
Furnaceface

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

lovely team like Dallas

Wrong

Furnaceface posted:

I think everyone forgot Dallas even still exists since only 2 players from that team have even been picked.

Wrong

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza v Teemu

Team Defence v Team Defence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

T-Bone posted:

Oh it's me.

Hmmm let's go with Julius Honka a guy who is ready to step right into Dallas's top 4 and looked really good in his limited time last year.

?-Seguin-Forsberg
?-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

Boooo

Also, I like this team so far and not just for completely biased reasons.

Also, top of my short list was exactly Honka, vatanen, and AA. Oh well.

• Locked thread