Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

PERDS PERDS PERDS

e: also I will finish last year's sim before this draft starts or is over :ssh:

I'll do the isles again as long as that sim gets finished before this new draft starts :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

T-Bone posted:

two spots left then?

1 by my count, we have chicago, ottawa, jersey, kings open in the OP

ottawa and chicago both claimed recently, with arabian jesus taking one of the kings/njd

So we get 1 dude to take the other one and we can get this party started

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

draft

order

draft

order

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

stab posted:

yup basically had those last two picks hadn't happened they would have been mine and I wouldn't have to draft a center until like round 20

instead im going to draft trash and regret it

one of them would have been mine first, but i also am now going to regret my first two picks

My top line last year was Marchand - Tavares - Kucherov, both Tavares and Kucherov are gone before I have my first pick this year

so let me get the third member of that crew and lock up Brad Marchand for another fake year

Some people doubted the legitimacy of his huge year two seasons ago where he scored 37 goals and he followed it up this year with 39 goals and 85 points while being a fancy stat god again

I feel like he wouldn't survive to the third round again this time so I'll roll with him as my first pick

stab is up 2x

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

stab posted:

OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER

three picks in a row, it's my ranked 1-2-3 lol

nice

it's not like I want you to suffer or anything, but I'm glad I could pay forward my suffering this draft to someone else

I'll take Ryan Getzlaf here because I want a legit 1C and even though he's old, there's no chance he lasts 60+ picks to get back to me and the 1Cs are starting to dry up

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Can I hit someone up with the shortlist for my pick so that I can be sure to not delay the process this time?

Sure, I'll be around most of the day starting in about an hour if you wanna send a list over

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Since it's past 1:42 I guess that means I can pick now, so I'll take my second center and go with Nazem Kadri

Had a career high 32 goals last year and while it was much higher than he ever got in his life before, he only shot 13% which isn't too ridiculous. Still relatively young and good at what he does. Further solidifies the rear end in a top hat factor of the squad that will work really well with Marchand and Getzlaf already in the mix.

stab is up 2x

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll go with Nick Leddy

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Wennberg vs kadri was a debate I had for my pick too and I went for kadri for similar reasons

It was a close call though

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

since I don't have to worry about the length of his contract in our fake league, give me TJ Oshie

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'm gonna take a bet on this guy rebounding on my favorite team and take Jordan Eberle

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

De Haan and petry were my two targets for this round

Petry always goes lower than when he should, I managed to snag him last year because of it

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ho-sang owns and I'm really excited to see how he performs over a full season, especially if he gets #1 power play time like I think he should

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Uhhhh I haven't had time to keep a list updated the past few days so I'll try and see if I can go over the salary cap and take Johnny Boychuk and David Perron

Marchand - Getzlaf - Oshie
Perron - Kadri - Eberle

Leddy - Boychuk

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I know I'm 2 picks behind but I'll take Thomas Greiss right now and uhhh I'll figure out the other one later

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

with my long lost pick I'll take radim "on the block" vrbata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Sorry I haven't been making my picks the last few rounds, I've been completely swamped and the tiny list I had has all been taken and I haven't had time to update it.

If there's any way to consensus pick my last 4 picks and catch my squad up that would be cool. I should be able to sit down and grind out a new list on Monday.

• Locked thread