Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

More Swiss babies who can drive play and score goals. The Chicago Blackhawks select Kevin Fiala to kick off the 9th round.

Pearson - McDavid - Frolik
Fiala - Staal - Wheeler

Lindholm - Gudas
X - Niskanen

nice pick jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

I'm going to take Mikko Koivu because he's really good at shot suppression and he's coming off a 58 point season. He's old but he's still good. He also allows me to give Nolan Patrick a more sheltered role and the ability to grow into what he needs to be better.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
?-Koivu-?
?-Patrick-?

Gardiner-Faulk
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

this is pretty good as long as Nash and Koivu don't fall off a cliff. Spurgeon/Faulk on the right is really strong and obv Holtby.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm I feel like I should take a vet but I really want Kyle Connor who I think will be this year's Ehlers for the Jets (perhaps a better talent, but he won't play enough with Laine and Scheifele to do 60 point damage).

We'll say he's on the second line for now because I like the idea of him with Radulov:

?-Seguin-Forsberg
Connor-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 27, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think Henrique is better as a passenger winger with a strong center.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll be in the mountains for the better part of the next couple of days. Anyone I can send my picks to?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sent to Exxon/Corn. I'll be out the better part of the week but hopefully 20 will be enough to get me through 4 rounds. I'll try to check in sometime during the week when I'm in Lake Placid to get some more picks to you guys because this draft is my life.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
you have all the pieces for the Duchene trade now

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm still here so Timo Meier who is supposed to be on San Jose's first line and was a possession monster last year, hopefully he scores some more too.

I'll definitely be out for my next picks, so fire away Corn/Exxon.

Meier-Seguin-Forsberg
Connor-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

I thought Habibi would take him for sure but interestingly he took Zacha, who I sorta thought about too but he was pretty disappointing last year even though I think he'll end up be something (I'm not sure what, but something).

Connor/Honka/Meier are pretty young but they're all second year dudes slated for top six/top four roles and I kinda need ELC dudes who can perform with my cap hits so good luck boys.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 29, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
gently caress this guy took my dudes. I can make my next pick thanks corn! Did Jagr fukn sign yet?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I feel like Jon Cooper would avoid loving this thing up so I'll go with him.

Meier - Seguin - Forsberg
Connor - Sobotka - Radulov
Jaskin - Strome - Jagr

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

lots of fun teams this season. I like the Canucks, Lightning, Flyers, Sharks, Blackhawks, Marc Bergevin's Les Habitants sans Seabrook and the Edmonton defense and I only really giggled aloud at one team and really just one pick. Vegas is a bizarre thing I would like to see in action.

so normally around this time as interest starts waning, we drop the window per pick to 1 hour. how would you guys feel about doing that at the start of round 16?

just in your mind when you see Kyle Connor think "ehlers but better" and the glory will be bestowed upon you

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah Boeser and Keller were high on my list. I think all three will be studs. Keller was the US's best player after Gaudreau at the WC.

If I could poo poo on my team for a moment I think the problem is it has a lot of guys right at 29-31 who should still be good but are about to start sliding/arguably have started sliding (Letang, Schneider, Hjalmarsson, Stralman, Sobotka, Radulov), then ~JAGR~, one hopefully fixable Strome, and then three Sophomores who I think will be impact NHL players (Connor, Honka, Meier -- well Connor and Honka for sure, hopefully Meier based on his junior numbers and small sample size massive shot generation last year). It really only has two guys who are right in their primes (Seguin, Forsberg). I don't think those older guys will fall off a cliff, but certainly as they lose a step the Connors and Honkas would have to pick up the slack.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 6, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I really missed the boat not taking Rick Tocchet though for the Vegas nightlife four Horsemen

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
In NHL terms they would have to forfeit cash (revenue sharing for instance), draft picks, and eventually games:

quote:

(i) Impose a fine of up to $5 million in the case of a Circumvention by a Club or Club Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be less than $1 million against any Club or Club Actor if such party is found to have violated Article 50 of this Agreement. If such a fine is assessed against a Club (except in the case of a financial reporting violation), that Club's Payroll Room shall also be reduced by such amount for the following League Year, and if such reduction of the Club's Payroll Room renders the Club out of compliance with the Payroll Range (i.e., the Club does not have sufficient Payroll Room to accommodate its Player commitments comprising Club Salary) for such following League Year, then the Club must take such steps as are necessary (e.g., Assignment, Buy-Out, Waivers, etc.) and as are permitted by this Agreement to ensure that the Club will be in compliance with Article 50 of this Agreement upon
commencement of the following League Year;

(ii) Impose a fine against a Player of up to the lesser of $1 million or twentyfive (25%) percent of a Player's Paragraph 1 Salary in the case of a Circumvention by a Player or Player Actor, but in no circumstances shall such fine be below the lesser of $250,000 or twenty-five (25%) percent of the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary. Notwithstanding the $1 million limitation set forth above, any additional amounts by which the Player has been unjustly enriched due to the Circumvention shall be ordered to be disgorged;

(iii) Direct a Club to forfeit draft picks (the number, placement, and League Year of which shall be determined in the Commissioner's sole discretion);

(iv) Declare a forfeiture of any NHL Game(s) determined to have been affected by a Circumvention;

(v) Direct a Club to disclose and report to the Independent Accountants all information required by this Agreement, including, without limitation, by the provisions of Article 50;

(vi) Void any SPC, or any extension of an SPC, between any Player and any Club when both the Player or Player Actor and the Club or Club Actor are found to have committed such a violation with respect to such SPC or extension; and

(vii) Suspend any Club employee, Player, or Certified Agent involved in such a violation for a period of time determined in the sole discretion of the Commissioner, the System Arbitrator, or the NHLPA, respectively.

There are enough bad contracts out there for him to hit the floor though.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 7, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I probably (definitely) don't need his cap hit but I'm convinced he'd still be a great 2nd pairing guy on a real team. Gimme Andy Greene. Should be worth it when Letang goes down anyhow.

Jaskin - Strome - Jagr
?-?-?
?/?

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka
A.Greene-?
?

Schneider
?

Head Coach Jon Cooper

If I assume Jagr makes 4-5m I'm sitting at 15m for 8 guys which is fine I think for what I need to fill.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 9, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I almost took him last round but I really really don't need that cap hit, I'll trade him to you in (2) years.

Dandy dropped 7 rounds from last year, poor guy.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 9, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah that's part of the reason I took him, my D list is poo poo, while I've still got a fair amount of forwards I like (although I was hoping to sneak Christian Fischer in, good pick TT).

e: that and he's my favorite Devil like 9 years running

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 9, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Winnik is still pretty good, I like that team. Faksa and Patrick on the wings seems kinda weird but gently caress it.

e: hmmm had no idea he was still an FA

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I love this team.

it would probably implode but it's full of love

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 9, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Lukas Sedlak is apparently a suppression machine and I need at least three Czechs Jagr can mentor so I'll take him to be my 4C.

Jaskin - Strome - Jagr
?-Sedlak-?
?/?

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka
A.Greene-?
?

Schneider
?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Did Own the Puck take away the Lineup Creator/Assessment thing? booo

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah technically you can carry 20 by NHL rules but we'll make fun of you of course

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's a small sample size but Aaron Dell seems like a solid backup goalie.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll take AHL rookie of the year Danny O'Regan -- looks like a good bet for the Sharks soon and should be able to play anywhere in the bottom 6.

Jaskin - Strome - Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-?
?/?

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka
A.Greene-?
?

Schneider
Dell

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 12, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
DeBoer is a pretty good coach IMO. If you have a team that can play on the walls and hold on to the puck his system is perfect.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Let's go with another hopefully impact midget American: JT Compher -- looked good in the A and got into some games with Colorado where he posted respectable possession numbers (especially for Colorado). Played for the US at the WC too (and on Connor's line at Michigan).

Jaskin - Strome - Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-Compher
?/?

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka
A.Greene-?
?

Schneider
Dell

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm another Sharks guy: Tim Heed killed it in the AHL last year and has been good in Sweden for a while. I'll go with him because I hate all the RD left and he appears to have talent.

Jaskin - Strome - Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-Compher
?/?

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka
A.Greene-Heed
?

Schneider
Dell

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Why do you need more RD when you're playing Stralman on the wrong side?

oh wow I could have sworn he was a LD, well, I guess my D would be:

Hjalmarsson-Letang
Greene-Stralman
?-Honka
Heed

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Now I've got some sad news here, poster Kilza, the thread is about to end, but what a job he did here, posting picks, good Edmonton boy, isn't be beautiful?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
let everyone finish their teams imo, to the biggest nerd go the spoils

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also my team is euro as gently caress:

Swiss:
Meier

Russian:
Radulov

Finnish:
Honka

Swedish:
Forsberg
Stralman
Hjalmarsson
Heed

Czech:
Sobotka
Jagr
Jaskin
Sedlak

Canadian:
Seguin
Letang
R.Strome
Dell

American:
Connor
Schneider
Compher
O'Regan
A.Greene

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 15, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The guy I probably should have picked last round, had a really good year in the AHL and looks poised to play for the Caps this year: Christian Djoos (another Swede!) -- kind of a soft bottom three with Djoos/Honka/Heed, but they're all dudes who can skate and move the puck and I've got three pretty solid suppression guys in my top four so I think it'd work out well. Plus New NHL, yadda, yadda. This team is ending up more under the cap than I expected. Penciling in Jagr at 5m I should end up with around 7-9m left in cap space.

Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-Compher
?/?

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Head Coach Jon Cooper

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 15, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm let's take a guy that probably won't play this year (although his coach in Finland seems to think he has a shot for some reason) Miro Heiskanen. My top four is a bit on the older side and he should be coming into his own as they move on/decline.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
(((Anthony DeAngelo)))

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think it's my pick so I'll go with AHL MVP Kenneth Agostino -- signed a one way deal with Boston and hopefully he'll break in to their third line.

Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan - Sedlak - Compher
Agostino

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Prospects:
Miro Heiskanen

Head Coach Jon Cooper

I mean I probably should have taken more prospects over Agostino/Heed but they're ready now. This team rules and is in fact awesome today and tomorrow.

I think realistically this draft should be at least 30 picks (prospects, etc) but not everyone is a true nerd so I get it

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 17, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jaskin - R.Strome - Jagr
O'Regan - Sedlak - Compher
Agostino

Hjalmarsson - Letang
A.Greene - Stralman
Djoos - Honka
Heed

Schneider
Dell

Prospects:
Miro Heiskanen

Head Coach Jon Cooper

Of course I'm not the most neutral observer but this is certainly the best 'Win Now' team I've drafted.

First Line: Seguin/Forsberg obviously is a pretty safe bet to dominate and do all the things you want your first line to do. Timo Meier is slated to play on San Jose's top line this year, and was a possession monster (in admittedly a small sample size) last year and a monster in juniors. It's perhaps a little much to ask of him at his age but I think he could handle it.

Second Line: Sobotka looked like St. Louis's best player in the playoffs after Tarasenko. I think he's slated to be their 3C, but looking at his numbers over the years I think he's a very viable 2C, especially with Radulov on his wing. Connor is something of a question mark, but he was the best player in the AHL over the 2nd half of last year and absolutely insane in the USHL and college. I think he'll be this year's Ehlers for the Jets, probably not that production level (because he won't play with Scheifele and Laine), but he may have more talent. Sobotka and Radulov are getting up there in age, but they should still have enough left in the tank to make this a very solid second line for 2-3 years.

Third Line: Probably my biggest weakness. I need Strome to recover and become something of the player he was slated to be. Jagr and Jaskin are huge bodies and suppression monsters, so hopefully this line could hold their own, chip in here and there, and grind it out like the Kings bottom six used to do.

Fourth Line: I went perhaps too young here. Sedlak was a great suppression guy last year, but I am admittedly worried about his low AHL production. The Jackets seem to like him though. O'Regan and Compher are guys who dominated in college and carried that into really great AHL debuts (O'Regan was rookie of the year). Agostino was the AHL MVP. I've always been pretty high on these kinds of guys. I don't really buy that top line career AHL players can't be good NHLers, even in a bottom six role. The NHL's thinking just hasn't caught up to that line of thinking yet (although it's trending that way). Not that O'Regan and Compher are slated to be career AHLers anyway, both guys are expected to be full time NHLers very soon by their respective franchises. Agostino is more of a question mark (he's already 25), but Boston liked him enough to give him a one way deal and he was good in his limited time with the Blues after destroying the AHL.

First Pair: When Letang is healthy, he's one of the best D in the league. Hopefully he plays more than 40 games. Hjalmarsson would be expected to play a similar role to the one he'll take for the Yotes this year (pairing with OEL and letting him do this thing).

Second Pair: Greene has had somewhat ugly fancies over the past year-year and a half, but that's because he's expected to do anything and everything for the abysmal Devils D corps. Paired with Stralman I think he's very viable as a 2nd pair shutdown guy. These two would be rock loving solid imo.

Third Pair: It would have been nice to have someone more steady with Honka, who is going to be a puck moving beast, but I like Djoos a lot and think he'll make Washington this year. This pair would get a lot offensive zone draws and chip in some points here and there. Honka is capable of moving into the top four (I believe Dallas is playing him there) when/if Letang goes down. Heed is a RHD who lit up the AHL last year (ppg from D) and could move into Honka's spot should Letang go down.

Goalies: I'm still pretty high on Schneider despite his poo poo year. With this D in front of him I have to think he'd have a pretty good year. He is getting a bit older though. Dell was one of the best backups in the league last year but he's pretty unproven so hopefully it wasn't a fluke!

Prospects: Miro played in the Liiga at age 17. Hopefully he'll be better than Larsson. Man for a team that had nothing on D for a while Dallas could have an incredible D with him/Honka/Klingberg and even Lindell (although he was kinda lovely last year).

Coach: I like Cooper a lot, his systems are positive and his players seem to like him. Great lower league track record too.

The Cap: 2019 would be a big year. A lot of big time players with expiring contracts at the UFA (chiefly Seguin) and RFA level.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 18, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like your D a lot. I hope Murphy gets a good chance this year.

The forward core seems really good. The first pair would need to play a load of minutes but they're capable. I like it but I wish you had better goaltending.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 18, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not super thrilled with my forward group though being able to snag Cullen late did a lot to redeem my fourth line which was looking disastrous. I do have a pretty strong defense, though. Murray-Jensen is a great third pair, I think, and my top 4 is strong.

I'm pretty sure Price could get this team into the playoffs.

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Connor Brown-Horvat-Silfverberg
Armia-Zajac-Jurco
Bellemare-Cullen-Reaves

Lazar/Bertuzzi

Pietrangelo-Colin Miller
Dumoulin-Chris Wideman
Ryan Murray-Jensen

Morrow

Price

Randy the Dandy Carlyle

it's another team I think is better than the Real Canadiens (especially the D). I like Zajac a lot as a 3C but Armia/Jurco are pretty meh.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vegas, Baby

Extra Attackers
Seguin/Forsberg

Captains (Optional)
C: Greene A's: Letang, Seguin

Lineup (Optional)
Lines:
Meier-Seguin-Forsberg
Connor-Strome-Radulov
Jaskin-Sobotka-Jagr
O'Regan-Sedlak-Compher
Scratched: Agostino

Hjalmarsson-Letang
Greene-Stralman
Djoos-Honka
Scratched:Heed

Schneider
Backup: Dell

AHL/Europe: Heiskanen

5v4 Powerplay 1
Forsberg-Seguin-Radulov
Stralman-Letang

5v4 Powerplay 2
Connor-Strome-Jagr
Djoos-Honka

Use the same for 5v3.

4v5 Penalty Kill 1
Sobotka-Jaskin
Hjalmarsson-Stralman

4v5 Penalty Kill 2
Sedlak-O'Regan
Greene-Letang

3v5 Penalty Kill 1
Sobotka
Hjalmarsson-Stralman

3v5 Penalty Kill 2
Sedlak
Greene-Letang

4v4 Line 1
Seguin-Forsberg
Greene-Letang

4v4 Line 2
Connor-Radulov
Stralman-Honka

e: ummm for another forward healthy scratch sign me PA Paranteau I guess

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 23, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Michael Dal Colle then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Are you going to set the lines before every game and sub in backup goalies and poo poo? That seems like a major pain in the rear end.

I mean the other way kind of sucks too (the computer GMs doing ridiculous lines and moves), but that's EHM baby.

• Locked thread