Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

In retrospect I think the album that's aged least well is Era Vulgaris; I still consider it a better album than Lullabies To Paralyze, which was somewhat bloated, but something about​ the lo-fi aesthetic of it often turns me off from wanting to listen to it. I think Them Crooked Vultures ultimately turned out to be a better version of what they were going for. (Although I personally like to tack on the bonus tracks "Fun Machine" and "Running Joke" which helps it quite a bit.)

My main problem with EV is that a lot of the songs sound like too many ideas slapped together without actually fitting. There's like four separate songs in 3's and 7's. I know it's Josh's "thing" but it just didn't mesh well here. The style works at times (Make It Wit Chu, the White Wedding cover and Fun Machine) but I don't think it's a coincidence those songs appeared in other forms first.

On a Josh related note, I saw American Valhalla the other night, the Josh/Andreas Neumann co-directed documentary about Post Pop Depression and I'd highly recommend it if it's playing near you - Andreas was at my showing and he wasn't sure if it was getting a proper home media release so catch it if you can. He also mentioned there's gonna be a proper coffee table book with all the pictures from the project and a recording of the first Iggy/Josh show out later this year which is meant to be the end of the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Zanael posted:

South American and Cali goons, QOTSA and Foo Fighters team up for a tour : http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/queens_of_the_stone_age_foo_fighters_south_american_tour

Maaaaybe Dave and Josh will have the brilliant idea to write some Them Crooked Vulture songs...

You know what the annoying thing is? They already have written them. Here's the full list of registered songs for Them Crooked Vultures:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/Catalog.aspx?detail=artistid&page=1&fromrow=1&torow=25&keyid=223815&subid=0

There's pretty much a second album worth there. Already written, credited to all 3. When I saw them live, I was behind the lighting desk and they already had presets and cues programmed in for all of these songs, implying they planned to play them then didn't.

Wonder if they'll ever come out.

• Locked thread