Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscGRxzH2gg

Album number seven is right around the corners with Queens of the Stone Age announcing "Villains".

http://www.qotsa.com/

They've updated their site to be a semi-interactive TV. The above video was just posted, and previews a new song called "Feet Don't Fail Me Now".

Frankly, my hopes are high. Era Vulgaris had incredible hype for me, and despite me building it up in my head, it became one of my favorite albums. Then ...Like Clockwork was announced, and I thought it couldn't top that. And they did. So hopefully for me they can pull off that magic three times in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wasn't the biggest fan of Lullabies to Paralyze. Little Sister didn't really do it for me as much as it did for everyone else. Otherwise I would have started the streak at Rated R.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just tried Mondo Generator (a little too punk for me), and Tension Head is on that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Here's a link to the new single.

http://antiquiet.com/music/2017/06/qotsa-strut-into-the-haunted-house-on-the-way-you-used-to-do/

(I won't get to listen to it until after work.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I only just got my first listen to it in this morning. While it did break a streak of great albums for me, that streak was "[Era Vulgaris] is one of my favorite albums" and "[...Like Clockwork] is one of my favorite albums". Maybe I'll like it more on the next few listens through, we'll see.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Era Vulgaris has "Turning On A Screw" and no one talks about that track, it makes me sad. :smith:

Also, I had to look up "Running Joke", as I haven't heard that one before. Amazon only lets you buy it from the .co.uk domain, but not with an American credit card it seems. I just want to give more money to QotSA, but apparently the RIAA won't let it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw Garbage a few years ago, and I don't think they encored either. Hell, after it was done they walked us out of the venue straight into the street, no merch tables either. This was House of Blues in Boston.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I once saw Electric Six foolishly play Gay Bar mid set at a festival and then complain that the crowd dispersed to catch other bands afterwards

Cis white scum here, Gay Bar is an amazing song. Those fans suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

That's why they left. They heard the one hit they were waiting for and then went to go see other bands.

Ah, I thought you meant that they left because they were insecure in their sexualities.
(What about High Voltage?)

• Locked thread