Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The video was hilarious but such a tease. The song sounds amazing though, can't wait to hear the whole thing and the rest of the album.

Queens are my favorite band, and Josh is just the best. For those who haven't had the chance to see them in concert, get tickets this tour. They don't tour often because of engagements with other artists (Josh with Iggy, etc.) and they are INCREDIBLE live. Josh has the most infectious energy and dances the entire night, and they play huge set lists every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I second this. Have seen them thrice so far---once for their self-titled album tour, and twice for the Like Clockwork tour. Was happy to hear poo poo like The Bronze and Misfit Love on the latter shows, and also see The Kills/Brody Dalle open for them in Barclays. They are without a doubt the best loving live band I've ever seen in a decade's worth of concerts.

I have no idea how they'll top Like Clockwork but the sample from Feet Don't Fail Me sounds loving incredible. They're that rare band that has only gotten better and better so I'm stoked for them to tour again.

I was at that show too, like 4 rows from the stage. Incredible concert. Best part was Josh seeing a girl on her boyfriend's shoulders and going "Hey honey! Glad you're having fun. I'm sure some people are mad at you for blocking their view but gently caress 'em, this is a Queens concert, you can do whatever the gently caress you want!" Then immediately asking if someone had a cigarette and lighting up on stage.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

http://store.matadorrecords.com/villains

Double post, but you can pre-order the album through Matador Records to get to be the first people to buy tickets for the upcoming tour.

quote:

Customers ordering any format off the Matador store are entitled to Jump The Q when ordering tickets for the upcoming tour, visit http://presale.qotsa.com for info and access. Promotion ends June 18th at 11:59pm EST. **

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It says right in that link that they've heard the album and that is the poppiest song on it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

wow, madison square garden concert? that's a first for the band if I'm not mistaken. they've really hit the big time.

song sounds like it's got shades of Eagles of Death Metal mishmashed with The Strokes. Getting feels of Rated R.

The "Feet Dont Fail Me" sounds like more of the sludge we're used to but I love how both of these sound so far.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to how much those tickets are going to cost me on Tuesday. Oh well!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Really annoyed with the service they used for purchasing tickets for this show. I pre-ordered the album THEN signed up to their pre-registration site, was placed in the queue that's 1 hour later than people who pre-ordered the album. Their FAQ said to wait 24 hours before emailing them so I did. Emailed them, they asked for a screenshot of my page on the website and of my order confirmation. I check the site last night and it says I am now locked in position 2, so there's little possibility of me getting the seats I was willing to spend way too much money to get, all because of an error in their system. I'm waiting to see if they'll email me back before Tuesday but I doubt it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The website fixed their poo poo and I also got my Floor Space tickets for MSG. I still can't really believe they're actually playing there.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

people never seem to catch that and he probably knows it by now, if that album interview video is any indication

I got my Matador special edition in the mail today so I'll be able to listen 2 days early when I get home, very excited

Aw man, I'm jealous. I haven't even gotten a confirmation email saying it's shipped :(

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

Aw man, I'm jealous. I haven't even gotten a confirmation email saying it's shipped :(

Just kidding, mine came today! gently caress yes, about to listen to it.

Is the MP3 download code supposed to be in here somewhere? I checked in every flap and I don't see one.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Album's amazing. The Way You Used to Do is actually really good in the context of the whole album.

Feet Don't Fail Me might be their best opening song ever, and Villains of Circumstance is an amazing closer.

I think my favorite tracks after the first listen are Head Like a Haunted House and Villains of Circumstance, but I don't think there's a bad track on the album.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It's up on Spotify and Apple Music now in the US

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Fuuuck. I should have grabbed that but I was also not gonna spend $25 on a poster.

$25 is really cheap for a concert poster, especially when it looks that good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Love it. Can't wait to buy a copy. Can't wait for tomorrow in general.

I wonder how early I can line up... I want to be front row.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 23, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

If you live in NYC there might be tickets hidden in the subway polls

http://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=59ee0f47f0fcfa00012f668e

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I was definitely sad to see Un-Reborn again on the set list but I bet they didn't get to play it because of that douchebag who got kicked out.

I was in the first row, up on the bar, so I had an amazing time last night. Got some great videos/pictures too.

Edit- Also I had never heard Royal Blood before but they were very good. They were wasted and very excited to be there, they had great energy.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 25, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

lol gently caress can't believe we got robbed because of that shitheel. But, we need the prerequisite "Josh goes off on a dickbag" moment so. Totally agree that Royal Blood did a great job. Tried to listen to their album today and felt nothing, they're so much better live.

Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to hear them do that at Barclays Center once. I keep hoping one day they'll do an album tour of an older thing but they only did that for the s/t one, which I also saw in 2011.

That's just what I assume, because that took up about 5 minutes of playtime.
Being up front also let me hear what Josh said to the guy after he moved away from the mic, which was "Hey, don't be a loving dick. You, keep yourself in line."

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

What did the guy do

He was pushing people to try to knock them over. Like everyone else was dancing and grinding on each other and bouncing and poo poo, but he was actively RAMMING into people. Then someone else pushed on him to tell him to knock it off and before they started fighting security stepped in.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Uh... wow. That's uh, not good.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/josh-homme-kicks-female-photographer-head-kroq-acoustic-christmas-190456797.html

Edit- Dammit

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It looks like he was really, really hosed up. Doesn't excuse it, but.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, that's a horrible apology when there's a video of you 100% kicking it on purpose. Really disappointed in this, my favorite band and I definitely though Josh was above this dumbass rockstar poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Josh just posted a 2 part video on the QOTSA Instagram where he apologized to her and says that he did it. The Facebook post must have been a lawyer.

Still doesn't make it right, but it's a much better apology.

• Locked thread