Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
First listen for me and it's definitely a case of 'where's the beef?' I know the band have been evolving their sound but there was still beef on Like Clockwork. Slightly less disappointed I didn't get tickets for this tour, so happy they played In the Fade when I saw them on their last album tour :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Been hammering this on repeat the last few days and now I like it (or am suffering musical Stockholm syndrome), Fortress is probably my favourite song of the bunch.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

il_cornuto posted:

EV is my favourite since SftD, you should give it another chance.

Sick Sick Sick and 3's & 7's are awesome.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Always loved Freedom Run and Spaceship Landing from Kyuss, and Catamaran. Saw Kyuss Lives! A few years back at Download festival and loved the fact they just walked on stage, smashed out every good song from the back catalogue and then walked off again with no crowd interaction at all. Really suited the feel, obviously some crowd interaction is nice but some of it degenerates into sucking up to the audience. I always liked the way NOFX troll the crowd.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GonSmithe posted:

$25 is really cheap for a concert poster, especially when it looks that good.

This. I was fortunate enough last time I saw QOTSA that the gig poster rocked and I now have it framed with the ticket, however when I saw Primus on the Wonka tour they had amazing posters for all the gigs in the run up, but when I saw them in Manchester the poster for that night was :effort: which was disappointing. Especially when they were asking £40.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I feel your pain, I had a 60gb music folder that has vanished from the earth when I moved house. I don’t mind paying for streaming services but they really don’t cater to the more obscure stuff.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I remember once seeing Placebo pull the most pointless encore bullshit on a middle billing at a festival, mid afternoon slot. They literally must have walked back stage and right around to the other side time was that short.

Encores usually rule though, although it does make me laugh when you see people leaving when there’s clearly an encore coming (yes I’m sure Alice Cooper would do a gig without playing Poison). Remember I saw SOAD on the Mesmerize tour and they didn’t encore, felt a bit weird. Maybe we’re spoilt by it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
This is true, you don’t need to hold back a hit for an encore, a lot of bands do though.

I once saw Electric Six foolishly play Gay Bar mid set at a festival and then complain that the crowd dispersed to catch other bands afterwards, the best ‘nonchalant’ performance I ever saw was Kyuss Lives! A few years back. Band just walked on, smashed out every hit in the back catalogue and walked off again. Still ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah, sorry I meant they left because they dropped their hit song early so people got what they came for.

• Locked thread