Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wembley gig was good fun tonight, other than some pretty overzealous bouncers, and everyone talking over the quiet bits of Villains of Circumstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shocking News: Josh Homme appears to be a oval office

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He directs his foot wildly off course to aim directly for her face while grinning.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If he'd just posted that straight up it probably would've gone over quiet well, but after the first post it comes across as far less sincere (regardless of whether it is or not).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I remember once seeing Placebo pull the most pointless encore bullshit on a middle billing at a festival, mid afternoon slot. They literally must have walked back stage and right around to the other side time was that short.

Encores usually rule though, although it does make me laugh when you see people leaving when there’s clearly an encore coming (yes I’m sure Alice Cooper would do a gig without playing Poison). Remember I saw SOAD on the Mesmerize tour and they didn’t encore, felt a bit weird. Maybe we’re spoilt by it.

A lot of people leave before the encore to beat the mad rush to the trains.

As a concept encores are pretty dumb. What purpose do they serve other than to occasionally have the crowd chant for more and give the band an ego boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I always assume they go back for a couple minutes to grab some water, inhale a cig, and rest their muscles for a sec

They should probably do this half way through though, not right near the end.

• Locked thread