Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

IUG posted:

So hopefully for me they can pull off that magic three times in a row.
Or seven times in a row.

Based on Feet Don't Fail Me Now, I'm convinced it will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

DLC Inc posted:

now it's like the same thing except "this poo poo is too catchy, it's too happy, rip qotsa" like how did anyone even survive the move from Rated R to Songs for the Deaf to Lullabies to Paralyze, they've changed so much but still have that same core sound.
Don't forget the other chestnut "The band was so much better when Nick was in it!"

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
I was just winding down from listening to Peace, Love, and Death Metal on a daily basis when Lullabies to Paralyze came out.

To this day I couldn't believe how lucky I felt watching EODM opening for QOTSA in Denver. Without a doubt, my favorite concert ever.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMIbDaEBBZw
The Evil Has Landed from the 6/22 concert.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
Feet Don't Fail Me had impossible standards to live up to.

It obliterated them.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker

DLC Inc posted:

the first single of Like Clockwork was kind of the least interesting track on the album for me, too---much like how New Fang was picked as one of the first singles for Them Crooked Vultures. idk if it's a trend to pick the safest song off their albums as a central single but Love Me Like You Used To Do / My God Is The Sun / New Fang def sounded like that kind of thing. They're all good but I always ended up liking other songs on those albums way more.
Agreed.

I started with SFTD and on that album through EV, and No One Knows, Little Sister, and Sick Sick Sick were also the least interesting songs on those albums. Not bad, just not as great as nearly every other song. I feel exactly the same for those you mentioned.

But in the album context, they work for me. The Way You Used To Do in isolation is nice, but not spectacular. However, after Feet Don't Fail Me Now, it's almost a necessary and refreshing pallet cleanser.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7579Ag42IY
It's been too long, Bulby.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lam9srksgQ4
Once again, Bulby.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
If you're jonsing for Desert Sessions without Josh, look into Goon Moon (Chris Goss & Geordie White) and Dave Catching's solo album.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
2017 is the year of career death. For me, the first was Louis CK. And with that poo poo apology, Josh Homme. Everything about the incident is absolute poo poo, all on his side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Yam Slacker
I'm kind of amazed at the amount of backlash he's getting. I'm used to these kinds of incidents splitting people seemingly in the middle equally with the defenders working furiously to drown out everybody else. Not this one. There are a few defenders, but most everyone else is pissed at both the incident and "apology", including folks like me who have followed him for a long time.

Man the gently caress up, Josh.

• Locked thread