Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

White Rabbit posted:

New single shares the sleazy infectious groove style of Smooth Sailing. Best direction for the band to go further in, I'm loving stoked.

I was going to say that I liked this song better when it was called Smooth Sailing. The new single is just a boring version of said song. The terrible production isn't helping it much either. I'm not digging it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

I guess my favorite is Domesticated Animals but the production on every song is so empty and lifeless and pristine and clean and so terribly off-putting that this goes way to the bottom of the album rankings for me.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Juaguocio posted:

Here's a challenge for y'all: find a live video of "Little Sister" where Josh nails the guitar solo. I've seen QotSA multiple times, and watched a lot of concert footage, and from what I've seen he screws it up every time.

Same except replace "Little Sister" with "any Nirvana song", and "Josh" with "Kurt". I mean I'm sure you already know this but guitar solos like that take multiple takes in the studio to get exactly right.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Domesticated Animals, Head Like a Haunted House, and The Evil Has Landed are the only songs I've given a second thought. The rest range from mediocre filler (Fortress) to downright awful (Hideaway). This is the Raditude of QOTSA albums.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

lol at thinking this is anywhere in the same universe as a loving Weezer album

Hi, guy that missed the point. I'll explain more about what I typed into an internet forum below the next quote.

sout posted:

I'm confused by this sentence only because I thought people generally started to turn on Weezer after their 2nd album, not their 7th.
Unless you stopped liking Queens since SftD.

This is true but Raditude was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's filled with Rivers Cuomo vanity projects, despised not only by whatever fans they had left, but also Brian Bell and especially Scott Shriner. Rivers had kind of the same excuse for Raditude that Josh has for Villains. "It's just one Weezer album of many more." Meanwhile it sells less than 250k copies and their next single off their next album is one giant apology for it.

This is just my dumb opinion but the production on this album, that Josh insisted upon, sounds like it was product designed to be sold rather than enjoyed. Like hey maybe this song could be cool, but nah my buddy Ronson gets to do what he wants with it in the name of doing something different. Sometimes ideas should just be ideas.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

il_cornuto posted:

No one ever mentions Run, Pig, Run but it's one of the best songs on the album IMO

Agreed and I'm still waiting for the horror movie that uses it as it's end credits song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Era Vulgaris is weird because the b-sides left off the album are better than the album itself.

• Locked thread