Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

So stoked for this. Haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I'm on pins and needles.

Mark Ronson is a really interesting choice for a producer. Obviously he's cut his teeth on pop music and DJ-type stuff, but Uptown Special is really a hell of a record,. He obviously knows his way around quite a few styles of music including '70s-influenced guitar rock, which isn't totally foreign to QOTSA.
Yeah, this is what's got my curiosity super high (aside from there finally being a new QOTSA album!). He isn't at all who I'd expect to produce something for them, but he said they're his favorite rock band and he's produced the hell out of other genres, so maybe it could work? We'll see I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IUG posted:

Here's a link to the new single.

http://antiquiet.com/music/2017/06/qotsa-strut-into-the-haunted-house-on-the-way-you-used-to-do/

(I won't get to listen to it until after work.)
Yeah, I don't know about this one. It sounds a little too standard and poppy for me. The Queens stuff I enjoy the most is weirder and more experimental. This almost sounds like it was specifically made to fit one of those old iPod commercials, if that makes sense.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've only listened once, and it's...alright, I guess? It's no Like Clockwork, which I was listening to immediately before this. There wasn't one song that really stood out as being exceptional. I guess Villains of Circumstance came the closest, but even that one felt like it needed work. But again, only the first listen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The best thing about this album is that it makes me appreciate the other Queens albums so much more. I’m listening to Lullabies now and Everybody Knows That You’re Insane is easily one of my top 10 songs of theirs. Someone’s In The Wolf might be too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahahaha, even I can agree to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey, if you're like me and you were disappointed with the new QotSA album but want new music in a similar vein to what QotSA used to make, check out this new Death From Above album because it owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aoBHjxBL0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XlwKK4jUkw

• Locked thread