Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I can't say I'm a fan of the production on the new track, but new QOTSA is far better than no QOTSA.

Songs For The Deaf will always be their #1 album for me. It's the perfect balance between Josh and Nick, and Dave is a beast on drums.

Sir Lemming posted:

I think at this point the rift between him and John is a bigger deal than the Nick thing, which from the sound of things was basically over by the end of 2005. I recall Nick saying positive things about Era Vulgaris, and of course then he ended up doing a guest spot on Like Clockwork, which in typical QOTSA fashion was basically inaudible.

Yeah, bridging the divide between Homme and Garcia will take some serious work. I can't recall reading any recent statements by Josh about John, but John trashes Josh every time he's asked about him.

You can see and hear the tension if you watch any live footage from the last days of Kyuss. John was wasted a lot of the time and acting like a total dick to the audiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

DLC Inc posted:

I always liked Alain better on bass/everything to be honest. I really loved the small timespan when Alain/Natasha were doing live shows, they did some great work on the Lullabies songs.

Just got tickets to see them at MSG. Man, I remember when I saw them in a sweaty Terminal 5 show doing their self-titled album tour, now they're finally at the big time. So loving stoked to see this.

I'm really glad I saw them on the Lullabies tour. What a show!

Dang, I guess it'll be 8 years since Natasha passed. May she RIP.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Seaniqua posted:

For anyone who hasn't just pirated it, The Evil Has Landed is available now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exa0CzlCb3Y

Bass and drums sound killer, but I really don't like those guitar tones.

Speaking of guitar, the Noisey "Guitar Moves" interview with Josh is a great watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDUHq2mJx0
I'm pretty sure it's the only time I've ever seen him demonstrate a Kyuss riff.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here's a challenge for y'all: find a live video of "Little Sister" where Josh nails the guitar solo. I've seen QotSA multiple times, and watched a lot of concert footage, and from what I've seen he screws it up every time.

• Locked thread