Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Harald posted:

yes cosby did it but he was posessed by demons

let him finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Aha is that your lovely argument? Maybe your podunk yokel cops can't properly keep DNA evidence but it lasts for years if handled properly

Not surprised some US guy would guffaw and go well shucks all that EV EE DENCE can't be kept that long!

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

Aha is that your lovely argument? Maybe your podunk yokel cops can't properly keep DNA evidence but it lasts for years if handled properly

Not surprised some US guy would guffaw and go well shucks all that EV EE DENCE can't be kept that long!

shut up idiot

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Do it ironically posted:

sorry

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Even in an exceptional case like Cosby's I'm surprised people are unironically advocating rolling back civil rights in our already super broken justice system.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Have the jurors seen exhibit A-1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBDRwiSZSBg

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Hm... a little bit too real

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

why would they take dna samples if no crime is reported.

do you just mail your poop in a bag to the police station every few weeks so they have fresh dna.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

do you just mail your poop in a bag to the police station every few weeks so they have fresh dna.

This is why I'm currently under indictment.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

I think the poster is referring to the backlog of 'rape kits' that are taken yet going untested, despite the statute of limitations thing

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2015/07/16/untested-rape-kits-evidence-across-usa/29902199/

Hundreds of thousands

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

I think the poster is referring to the backlog of 'rape kits' that are taken yet going untested, despite the statute of limitations thing

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2015/07/16/untested-rape-kits-evidence-across-usa/29902199/

Hundreds of thousands

I do similar things for a living.

theyre mostly untested because theres nothing to compare it with. Theres nothing to test. But it makes a sick headline

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 16, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

I hand deliver thanks.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
remember when denise butchered her gordon gartrell knock off.

lol, & when Theo got an ear ring.

Free the man!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

you should be ashamed of yourself

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bill cosby popped his pudding all over my face

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kiryen posted:

Anyone who actually complains about 'civil rights' in this day and age is scum.

This guy thinks everything is fine because he's not oppressed but he calls those who complain scum. Huh.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

theyre mostly untested because theres nothing to compare it with. Theres nothing to test. But it makes a sick headline

That isn't the reason at all according to studies. Lol at doing 'similar things' though

DNA evidence helps identify a subject.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

That isn't the reason at all according to studies. Lol at doing 'similar things' though

DNA evidence helps identify a subject.

what suspect

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
So what if they have dreadlocks how is this newsworthy?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
His victims sure were "locked" in dread.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

You can go on google scholar from the comfort of your own home and it's free to use. The answer lies in attitudes, as evidenced by your dumbass 'what are they testing it to? no matches will ever be found!!' comment which studies personally address (and find lacks merit)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

what the hell

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Understanding Joshua by Charlie White is a series of staged photographs meant to explore the themes of male self-image and self-loathing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Do it ironically posted:

statute of limitations is loving retarded you americans are retarded lmao loving pedophiles can't be put in jail investigator just goes WELP it's been 15 years plus one day guess he got away!

What country are you from? I'm gonna laugh if it turns out they have a statute of limitations too

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

You have to learn about the process of pasteurization at some point. Learning is always better late thaN Never

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CharlestonJew posted:

Hollywood is full of rapists

Hey at least it was an adult this time!!

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

...and the pitch! posted:

This guy thinks everything is fine because he's not oppressed but he calls those who complain scum. Huh.

If you live anywhere in the western world and call yourself "oppressed" for any reason, you're total poo poo. period.

Any sort of group-based complaint in the west has been whiny-baby nonsense for 30 years, and there is basically no way to argue against this. 99.999999% of humans who ever lived had it worse.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Kiryen posted:

If you live anywhere in the western world and call yourself "oppressed" for any reason, you're total poo poo. period.

Any sort of group-based complaint in the west has been whiny-baby nonsense for 30 years, and there is basically no way to argue against this. 99.999999% of humans who ever lived had it worse.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kiryen posted:

Yeah I remember when people quit being horrible bigots in the 80s and stopped using their power to gently caress people different from them over.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kiryen posted:

tell me more

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Kiryen posted:

It's also not possible to give a fair trial in any rape case with even the slightest publicity

Yup, this post is right on the money. It doesn't matter whether it's Bill Cosby or some random rapist in Seattle, Huntsville, or literally anywhere in America. The deck is so absurdly stacked against giving rape victims a fair shake because of how horrifically hosed basic societal views on consent and sexual assault are. It doesn't help how victims often have to repeatedly relive their traumatic experiences in court or how their testimony (and witness testimony) is often not believed at its word like in most other crimes. The onus being insanely skewed on the victim to prove their assault is the most messed up thing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yup, this post is right on the money. It doesn't matter whether it's Bill Cosby or some random rapist in Seattle, Huntsville, or literally anywhere in America. The deck is so absurdly stacked against giving rape victims a fair shake because of how horrifically hosed basic societal views on consent and sexual assault are. It doesn't help how victims often have to repeatedly relive their traumatic experiences in court or how their testimony (and witness testimony) is often not believed at its word like in most other crimes. The onus being insanely skewed on the victim to prove their assault is the most messed up thing.
Funnily enough I'm p sure the quoted poster meant the exact opposite of that but maybe that was your joke I'm not sure.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Onus looks like anus lmao

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The onus being insanely skewed on the victim to prove their assault is the most messed up thing.
thats every law you idiot. You have to go in court and prove that someone wronged you. They are innocent until proven guilty. The accused also has the right to face their accuser.

Rape has hosed your brain up

CaptainBtaksDad fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 16, 2017

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Funnily enough I'm p sure the quoted poster meant the exact opposite of that but maybe that was your joke I'm not sure.

dot's da joke, mcbain

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Sid Vicious posted:

Onus looks like anus lmao

:trumppop:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

dot's da joke, mcbain

I couldn't tell because it was Cough Drop The Beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgFiRy4ybzY

• Locked thread