Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I wonder what the gently caress the norks did to this dumbass.

He's the millenial Chris McCandless

:synpa:

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

As much as I want to feel pity for the dude who's entire life got wrecked in a rigged system over the pettiest of crimes i can't not feel at least a bit satisfied that some rich white dude who thought his life to be so free of consequences that traveling to north korea and loving with their poo poo seemed like a good idea got absolutely destroyed.

Maybe that makes me a sociopath I dunno

Mostly it just means you have an idiotically high level of concern over rich white dudes, since there's nothing bad about being rich or white unless you are a complete shitlord.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
Ok he's white enough but any evidence he was rich?

Also, goons who had a good guffaw at the crying of this RICH kid before he was hauled off never to see his loved ones again and to infarct most of his brain into goo while under their watch are basically locked into the edgy "he deserved it" position.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I wonder what the gently caress the norks did to this dumbass.

He's the millenial Chris McCandless

It's like Get Out but they were gonna try to put the secretly decrepit Kim Jong Il in him to bring Pasadena or whatever to its knees.

Obviously the procedure failed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

Seriouspost, you're both disgusting.

Oh well I guess I'll go to this police state known for its enslavement in prison camps of it's people and commit some crimes. Oh gently caress they wanna enslave me? Halp America!

gently caress him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

B. Birdsworth posted:

Ok he's white enough but any evidence he was rich?

Also, goons who had a good guffaw at the crying of this RICH kid before he was hauled off never to see his loved ones again and to infarct most of his brain into goo while under their watch are basically locked into the edgy "he deserved it" position.

This is literally all his fault and he is the only one to blame hth

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Blue Train posted:

Oh well I guess I'll go to this police state known for its enslavement in prison camps of it's people and commit some crimes. Oh gently caress they wanna enslave me? Halp America!

gently caress him

I'm pretty sure that typical college student stupidity does not justify inflicting actual brain damage on people.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Kiryen posted:

I'm pretty sure that typical college student stupidity does not justify inflicting actual brain damage on people.

Yeah I remember those benders in Pyongyang fondly

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Sure its sad but wasnt he already pretty retarded? I mean the dude did actually attempt petty larceny in north loving korea right? I'm assuming that isn't just made up. If so, the coma is still a huge bummer but when he wakes up how much functionality do we think he will have lost? He seems to have been pretty close to the drooling retard level already.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

Yeah I remember those benders in Pyongyang fondly

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Reminds me of that kid who graffitied somehwere like Malaysia and they caned the poo poo out of him.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I was looking at the articles on google news and i saw one from fox news where his dad was blaming Obama admin for not doing more so i'm sure his family and himself spout the virtues of personal responsibility.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I agree with Blue Train on almost everything because hello he fucks married woman he's obviously more man than I am

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Nathilus posted:

Sure its sad but wasnt he already pretty retarded? I mean the dude did actually attempt petty larceny in north loving korea right? I'm assuming that isn't just made up. If so, the coma is still a huge bummer but when he wakes up how much functionality do we think he will have lost? He seems to have been pretty close to the drooling retard level already.

He reportedly has massive loss of brain parenchyma in all areas. He's never "waking up".

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I like to think that he's not really in a coma. They sent back an empty husk filled with every manner of 1960's level spy technology imaginable.

Harveygod posted:

Perhaps you could...reanimate him?

B. Birdsworth posted:

He's never "waking up".

Edited the op

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 16, 2017

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Nathilus posted:

He went into a staff only section of a hotel, stole some of their propaganda and then got caught at the airport (because obviously they searched his poo poo and found the stolen stuff).

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

B. Birdsworth posted:

I don't think he actually deserved it I just find a little bit of solace in the idea that someone who clearly was under the impression they were untouchable due to their position and status in life got a rude unawakening.

Plenty of poor people in lovely areas get constantly railroaded by the terrible US criminal justice system while others get to run people over with cars and have fingers wagged at them.

Think of it this way, in the US when some well off and well connected rear end in a top hat gets a slap on the wrist for drug charges or some intoxicated mischief do you celebrate that the justice system is finally turning around and accepting that maybe ruining someone's life over that kind of thing is overkill and it's better to focus on the possibility that they might have a bright future or do you accept that their particular lack of sentence was available only to a certain class of citizen and we're still gonna gently caress everyone else over? This case is like the opposite of that, I don't agree with the laws or the punishment but I do have some satisfaction that they still applied to him.

Hell if the US started applying it's laws as evenly so they affected these kinds of people we'd probably start actually getting some traction in having them changed, no one cares otherwise.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

teenagers are stupid BUT its bad to beat them to death

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think the situation is funny no matter whosee fault it is.

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think he actually deserved it I just find a little bit of solace in the idea that someone who clearly was under the impression they were untouchable due to their position and status in life got a rude unawakening.

Plenty of poor people in lovely areas get constantly railroaded by the terrible US criminal justice system while others get to run people over with cars and have fingers wagged at them.

Think of it this way, in the US when some well off and well connected rear end in a top hat gets a slap on the wrist for drug charges or some intoxicated mischief do you celebrate that the justice system is finally turning around and accepting that maybe ruining someone's life over that kind of thing is overkill and it's better to focus on the possibility that they might have a bright future or do you accept that their particular lack of sentence was available only to a certain class of citizen and we're still gonna gently caress everyone else over? This case is like the opposite of that, I don't agree with the laws or the punishment but I do have some satisfaction that they still applied to him.

Hell if the US started applying it's laws as evenly so they affected these kinds of people we'd probably start actually getting some traction in having them changed, no one cares otherwise.

But this isn't funny.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

satanic splash-back posted:

I think the situation is funny no matter whosee fault it is.

But this isn't funny.

Hello my friend

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

teenagers are stupid BUT its bad to beat them to death

He was 21 at the time, and is still alive!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

21 is basically a teenager and in a coma for a year is basically dead

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Does anyone know how long he's been in a coma? An article I read says about a year, but wouldn't that mean he fell into a coma basically as soon as he got to NK???

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
They attempted a possession procedure but Ottos psyche won't relinquish his brain to the north Korean state wizard struggling to exert total influence

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm pretty sure this guy is just faking it for the attention. This whole story seems kind of fishy. I mean I haven't seen any proof that north Korea is real anyway.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm pretty sure this guy is just faking it for the attention. This whole story seems kind of fishy. I mean I haven't seen any proof that north Korea is real anyway.

He is just very tired

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

21 is basically a teenager and in a coma for a year is basically dead

Way to be a pessimist and bad at math

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

He is just very tired

I think he has life figured out. Pretend to be in a fake country for a year then just take a really long nap, and the best part is he's getting famous for it. I really need to get on his level.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dr. Carwash posted:

Does anyone know how long he's been in a coma? An article I read says about a year, but wouldn't that mean he fell into a coma basically as soon as he got to NK???

They said he left court took a sleeping pill and never woke up lol

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wonder if we can turn this into a Photoshop thread

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

O----<

My representation of otto warmbier

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Just use Terri Schiavo since we don't have any pics of WARM BEER

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Some conspiracy theorists think NK doesn't exist and is just propaganda to ???

The internet is a magical place

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

WatermelonGun posted:

Just use Terri Schiavo since we don't have any pics of WARM BEER

We do mang
He just more horizontal now

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 16, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Evil Agita posted:

Some conspiracy theorists think NK doesn't exist and is just propaganda to ???

The internet is a magical place

Have you ever been there?????

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

We do mang
He just more horizontal now

I gueesss but I mean it's like we have pics of Osama but not THE pic ya know. With the shot head.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Millennials will do anything to not work

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blue Train posted:

O----<

My representation of otto warmbier

Accurate

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
mods plz namechange to Juche For Brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Millennials will do anything to not work

lol

• Locked thread