Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

VikingSkull posted:

just lol if you feel bad about that idiot

that doesn't mean he deserved it, but lol I didn't feel bad when Roy Horn got attacked by a tiger, either

That tiger was framed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
You know what is really hosed up? He is brain dead but apparently still breathing on his own which means people with functioning brains that need his organs can't have them. It's too bad he can't be used for parts.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Three Olives posted:

You know what is really hosed up? He is brain dead but apparently still breathing on his own which means people with functioning brains that need his organs can't have them. It's too bad he can't be used for parts.

Mister Olives,

Thank you for your couetious letter. However, we're afraid that the answer is still "no." You cannot have, borrow, or use any of our norktarded son's parts. Please stop asking.

-The Warmbeers

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Trunko posted:

Good grief how many times are people gonna rush into this thread and try to prove how good hearted and humanistic they are to the fellow posters on something awful general bull poo poo board by saying "look I'm not saying what he did was good.... But I just don't think in my opinion, that getting tortured to the point if loosing brain function was a good thing. That is my brave stance"

I can see from your posts that you've also been to north korea.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Salt Fish posted:

I can see from your posts that you've also been to north korea.

We all have. Something Awful LLC is a front for the North Korean Deeducation Camps.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
what kind of dickhead ancestor must you have had to end up with the name warm beer

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

OH gently caress

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 18, 2017

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

I wasn't talking to the people making jokes, I was talking to like the two people who felt a burning need to earnestpost in this thread about how they don't feel bad about it and how he deserved it since what he did was stupid.

Yeah. The extraordinarily subtle point they're making is that (a) there's a whole spectrum of stupid choices that make you vulnerable to catastrophes that aren't properly your fault, and (b) those choices endanger people other than you.

Dude didn't deserve to end up in a coma, but the consequences of his choices aren't confined to him. The people who properly deserve sympathy are the ones who'll be endangered by an international incident with North Korea, or who have been wrongly neglected because of government preoccupation with this whole fiasco.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think maybe the Koreans in the north are ultimately responsible for reacting to a stolen poster with brain murder.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
If you go to north korea you dont deserve to be sodomized with a dildo dipped in bone cancer

But it does deserve an entry on the risk-benefit analysis

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I don't deserve but I still want it

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
if u cant do the time dont do the crime

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ArbitraryC posted:

As much as I want to feel pity for the dude who's entire life got wrecked in a rigged system over the pettiest of crimes i can't not feel at least a bit satisfied that some rich white dude who thought his life to be so free of consequences that traveling to north korea and loving with their poo poo seemed like a good idea got absolutely destroyed.

Maybe that makes me a sociopath I dunno

it totally does, haha

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ow oof

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 17, 2017

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

EX250 Type R posted:

if u cant do the time dont do the crime

click it or ticket

poster down? get ready ta drown

B. Birdsworth fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 18, 2017

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Seriously I don't understand why North Korea didn't just kill him if they knew he was brain dead. It seems like a waste of resources to keep feeding him and keep him in the hospital.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The juche way demands the best medical treatment available which is why they kept him for so long instead of sending him to the U.S. to end up like Terry Schiavo

cnut
May 3, 2016

Harveygod posted:

We all have. Something Awful LLC is a front for the North Korean Deeducation Camps.

Just got back myself. Outstanding Leader is the tits, if you ask me.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Three Olives posted:

Seriously I don't understand why North Korea didn't just kill him if they knew he was brain dead. It seems like a waste of resources to keep feeding him and keep him in the hospital.

Him dying in NK raises the question of "is this murder?", which is bad for NK for all sorts of reasons. He is still technically alive and did not die in NK. From what I read he had some imaging done in NK from April which was reviewed here and it suggested his brain injury was still evolving at that point, so it potentially hasn't been longer than a couple months that he's been vegetating.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 17, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
the kid getting his brain melted is very funny but a lot of you are inexplicably giving the norks the benefit of the doubt on the poster theft thing being true

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

chernobyl kinsman posted:

the kid getting his brain melted is very funny but a lot of you are inexplicably giving the norks the benefit of the doubt on the poster theft thing being true

I think he just pissed off a guard and they could easily have falsified the rest.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

ow oof my brain

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Glenn Quebec posted:

I wonder what the gently caress the norks did to this dumbass.
considering how distraught he was during the confession my money's on a suicide attempt

or idk maybe the enormity of it all caused a blood vessel to pop in his head

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

considering how distraught he was during the confession my money's on a suicide attempt

or idk maybe the enormity of it all caused a blood vessel to pop in his head

Attempted suicide by hanging is possible

Botulism is also possible, since there'd be no way to prove he had botulism several months out and I totally believe you could get the bot in Best Korea.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The argument I've seen against botulism is that it causes paralysis not coma

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Three Olives posted:

Seriously I don't understand why North Korea didn't just kill him if they knew he was brain dead.

Why kill him before anything happened?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

B. Birdsworth posted:

Attempted suicide by hanging is possible

Botulism is also possible, since there'd be no way to prove he had botulism several months out and I totally believe you could get the bot in Best Korea.

The doc said it wasn't.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I really don't care if some boujee wonderbread looking motherfucker gets pwnd for loving around where he wasn't supposed to be.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

Seriouspost, you're both disgusting.

lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Won't you guys please think of the guy who decided it would be fun to go tour a country with a repressive regime that starves its citizens, condemns entire families to concentration camps, and uses live human beings for chemical weapons testing? What's wrong with treating human suffering and mass murder as a themepark?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea, I got about half way through photoshopping the corn eating guy banging a disgusted woman on a filthy couch, into Otto and Kim Jong.

Then I realised what I was doing for fun and deleted it. But the image is in your head now.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Aw :(

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm sorry dude. It was a really poignant image too.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The doc said it wasn't.

Not quite, he said there was no evidence of botulism, which there wouldn't be if his poisoning happened months ago. It's entirely plausible that he got foodborne botulism and none of his guards noticed when he stopped breathing. The only way to diagnose him with at this point would be clinical history, which we got basically none of from the Norks.

e: the other reason I have some credence in the botulism claim is that it makes the NorKors look incompetent as well as inhumane. Really the only way to get a global anoxic brain injury from botulism is to not get put on a ventilator when you need to be. Example: an outbreak in Thailand affecting 91 people resulted in no fatalities or devastating neurologic injuries, even though 42 of them had to go on a vent.

B. Birdsworth fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 18, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Here is a bit of it, in case anyone wants a horrendous badly shopped avatar.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol that's enough I can imagine the rest and it owns

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm feeling corny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I hope his parents honor his wishes by dressing him in a hawaiian shirt and oversized sunglasses.

• Locked thread