Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
As much as I want to feel pity for the dude who's entire life got wrecked in a rigged system over the pettiest of crimes i can't not feel at least a bit satisfied that some rich white dude who thought his life to be so free of consequences that traveling to north korea and loving with their poo poo seemed like a good idea got absolutely destroyed.

Maybe that makes me a sociopath I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

EorayMel posted:

His name is warm beer lol.

Parents really missed a chance to name him Luke.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

B. Birdsworth posted:

Also, goons who had a good guffaw at the crying of this RICH kid before he was hauled off never to see his loved ones again and to infarct most of his brain into goo while under their watch are basically locked into the edgy "he deserved it" position.
I don't think he actually deserved it I just find a little bit of solace in the idea that someone who clearly was under the impression they were untouchable due to their position and status in life got a rude unawakening.

Plenty of poor people in lovely areas get constantly railroaded by the terrible US criminal justice system while others get to run people over with cars and have fingers wagged at them.

Think of it this way, in the US when some well off and well connected rear end in a top hat gets a slap on the wrist for drug charges or some intoxicated mischief do you celebrate that the justice system is finally turning around and accepting that maybe ruining someone's life over that kind of thing is overkill and it's better to focus on the possibility that they might have a bright future or do you accept that their particular lack of sentence was available only to a certain class of citizen and we're still gonna gently caress everyone else over? This case is like the opposite of that, I don't agree with the laws or the punishment but I do have some satisfaction that they still applied to him.

Hell if the US started applying it's laws as evenly so they affected these kinds of people we'd probably start actually getting some traction in having them changed, no one cares otherwise.

• Locked thread