Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
You know what is really hosed up? He is brain dead but apparently still breathing on his own which means people with functioning brains that need his organs can't have them. It's too bad he can't be used for parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Seriously I don't understand why North Korea didn't just kill him if they knew he was brain dead. It seems like a waste of resources to keep feeding him and keep him in the hospital.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

This truck is literally smarter than him.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

didnt see that there was a more recent thread, reposting

anyone else thinks he didnt actually steal the poster

the only evidence for it is a grainy lovely video of a silhouette taking down a poster

still a retard for going to nkorea while american

I think he probably did something that stupid.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/GriffinFrank/status/876899733226258432

He dead.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Tumble posted:

huh. i guess it was north koreas superior medical technology that was keeping him alive this whole time. i mean as soon as he gets back to imperialist United States he just ups and dies.

really makes ya think

His family probably Terri Schiavoed him after they found our his brain was gone, fits with the timeline.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

It's pretty sad that he died and he didn't deserve any of this. I don't really see the funny side

A bro thought a fun vacation would be traveling to a murderous dictatorship that regularly tortures people to death and hates Americans. A place that Americans are specifically warned not to loving go to.

State Department posted:

The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). U.S. citizens in the DPRK are at serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement. This system imposes unduly harsh sentences for actions that would not be considered crimes in the United States and threatens U.S. citizen detainees with being treated in accordance with “wartime law of the DPRK.” Since the United States does not maintain diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea, the U.S. government has no means to provide normal consular services to U.S. citizens in North Korea. This notice updates the number of U.S. citizens who have been detained in North Korea and replaces the Travel Warning dated February 7, 2017.

At least 16 U.S. citizens have been detained in North Korea in the past ten years. North Korean authorities have detained those who traveled independently and those who were part of organized tours. Being a member of a group tour or using a tour guide will not prevent North Korean authorities from detaining or arresting you. Efforts by private tour operators to prevent or resolve past detentions of U.S. citizens in the DPRK have not been successful.

So basically he was a complete moron that had a completely expectable outcome from it.

The only thing left to find in this is humor, there is nothing unexpected that happened.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

People posting on the forum that set 9/11 to Yakety Sax want you to know a bro dying after he though hanging out in North Korea was a good idea is a very serious subject that shouldn't be made fun of.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

gently caress da Mods posted:

i know this is all a funny irony lol forum and all that edge lords goons but i gotta be real here and say otto was a great guy i knew him growing up he was like a loving brother 2 me.

so what he took a sign?!!! have u ever not taken signs? Seriously have some fuckign compassion.

he had so many plans for this hosed up planet now theyre all gone.

We all have plans, it it is any consolation he probably matters more in death than he ever would have in living with "plans".

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Just for the record I have never stolen a sign because who the gently caress steals signs much less steals signs from known murderous dictators?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

North Korea might not even be at fault, plenty of young people in the US go brain dead because of heart attacks/strokes, etc.

I feel like we should give North Korea some benifit of doubt, especially when they kept feeding and hydrating him after he was brain dead and his parents decided to let him die in the US and they couldn't find any signs of intentional injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Too bad his family probably decided to kill him, there should have been a way to harvest his organs so he could do some good with his life instead of only being known as the idiot that got himself brain dead by going to North Korea for funzies.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 21, 2017

• Locked thread