Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

We went a whole expansion and i never saw one person named Heaven Sward.
Disappointing.

e:

Foul isn't a very exciting name for my new big BLM spell.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Thundarr posted:

The Monk trait to give yourself a Chakra stack on a critical hit is a 50% chance. That's literally a free Chakra stack every other Bootshine. :stare:

Yeah everything's potency is down, but TP cost is also down. So... less raw output but almost unlimited sustain, with manic periods of Forbidden Chakra spam seems to be the new normal.

e: Internal Release is also now 30% crit up. They clearly expect Monk damage output to be based around making GBS threads out a constant stream of crits.

Also Twin Snakes is now 10% rather than 5%, which honestly should be almost enough on its own to counteract the potency drop.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Actually all the combined changes to Dragoon make me want to do that too fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also Twin Snakes is now 10% rather than 5%, which honestly should be almost enough on its own to counteract the potency drop.

Enhanced Twin Snakes already provided that bonus. The trait was removed and the bonus is now just part of the base skill. Basically, nothing changed.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Rest in peace Bane.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I still don't know if I want to just level WHM first and rip that band aid off, or level SCH and have a Good Class leveled first. I remember how painfully slow and crappy it was to level things in 3.0, and I expect a repeat of that here...

Maybe PvP experience gains will be decent and I can just half afk some frontlines between dungos

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Ciaphas posted:

Actually all the combined changes to Dragoon make me want to do that too fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkk
Yeah, speaking as a spiked butt, we got a ton of good stuff.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Glad to see all the new scholar spells are, in fact, trash and boring so I won't be tempted to jump back in to that class

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh it looks like they just threw all the attribute points into traits cause no one put them anywhere else anyways.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah pretty much. I'm feeling less leery about the changes, but we'll still have to wait and see how it plays out over the next few days.

I'm thinking I'm going to tell the Astro to feed me Arrows so I can see how many crits I can squeeze out in the next 30 seconds.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aw, BRD doesn't have access to knockback in PVP anymore, guess I'll have to switch to MCH if I wanna continue to shoot people so hard they go flying off of cliffs

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ransome posted:

barrage can crit now

:getin:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Brainamp posted:

Enhanced Twin Snakes already provided that bonus. The trait was removed and the bonus is now just part of the base skill. Basically, nothing changed.

Ahhh, I forgot about that. Still, 10 less potency in exchange for the other stuff Monks are getting seems okay provided we all ignore the elephant in the room that is Samurai.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Surecast is now a "gently caress you i ain't moving button"? neat.

Next spell is cast without interruption.
Additional Effect: Nullifies knockback and draw-in effects
Duration: 10s

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So why do two Samurai skills say they're job quest skills but the rest don't? Are there only two skills rewarded from job quests now?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
RDM gets their main AoE burst at level 52, meaning doing any level 50 dungeons sorta sucks lol. Why would they do that

Also I asked in the last thread but that was a few hours ago, have the new recipes been data mined yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They removed Blood of the Dragon increase/decrease management?

I think I might cry.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
These NIN changes look baller as gently caress. Bigger numbers across the board. Lower TP costs. The Hise thing is neat. Less DoTs to manage. Crit added to Duality. Finally, I shall be a big dick dps. I am stupidly hyped.

Do you go get your first job quest now or at 62?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

So why do two Samurai skills say they're job quest skills but the rest don't? Are there only two skills rewarded from job quests now?

You start at 50, then get job quests at 60 and 70, the quests grant you a skill on quest completion, other skills are unlocked automatically upon reaching their level.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Minrad posted:

I still don't know if I want to just level WHM first and rip that band aid off, or level SCH and have a Good Class leveled first. I remember how painfully slow and crappy it was to level things in 3.0, and I expect a repeat of that here...

Maybe PvP experience gains will be decent and I can just half afk some frontlines between dungos

With the updated numbers, i imagine WHM will be a very viable (if boring) healer and miles better in 4-man content.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Ok, I'm the first person to admit that SCH was ridiculously powerful in HW, but I feel like they went a tiny bit overboard with the nerfs here.

I unno, I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on it, but it's looking kinda iffy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shy posted:

You start at 50, then get job quests at 60 and 70, the quests grant you a skill on quest completion, other skills are unlocked automatically upon reaching their level.

So no job story quest lines? :(

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Brainamp posted:

Fffffuck was really hoping those preview numbers for monk would have changed more than a slightly higher chance on deep meditation.

They didn't need to change anything because monk looked good before. Even the proc chance was just the tooltip not being up to date, as far as I could tell.

Also, the difference between 30% and 50% is not slight in this or any other universe.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
*squats and takes dump*

This is new thread. Is fracture a dps increase on bard? Why is yoshi killing the game. I miss Tanaka

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

a kitten posted:

We went a whole expansion and i never saw one person named Heaven Sward.
Disappointing.

Stormb Lood

a kitten posted:

Foul isn't a very exciting name for my new big BLM spell.

Brak

Rub

XXXX

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Magil Zeal posted:

Rest in peace Bane.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shy posted:

2 job quests total for SAM and RDM?

That's pretty weak

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, SAM and RDM both have amazing potential :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GMG is out of copies of stormblood, much to my dismay

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So, what's the best way to level from 50 to 60 these days? I've been away for a while and ready to jump into MAX FASHION. Will there be any crafting catchup mechanics, by any chance?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Goodbye Heaven Sward. Hello Stormb Lood

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sesq posted:

So, what's the best way to level from 50 to 60 these days? I've been away for a while and ready to jump into MAX FASHION. Will there be any crafting catchup mechanics, by any chance?

The easiest way is to do the MSQ. Besides that do Roulettes and Palace of the Dead.

Crafting Catchup Methods are Leves, Beast Tribe quests (Ixal for up to 50, Moogles up to 60), and the fact that gear doesn't hugely matter for crafters up until the level cap.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I have no idea, maybe we'll have long and involved quest lines, but this has nothing to do with skill acquisition.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

2 job quests total for SAM and RDM?

That's pretty weak

Yeah, SAM and RDM both have amazing potential :(

IIRC they've said there are quests every 2 levels, but only the 60/70 ones give you abilities.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Flamethrowers all the way at 70. :/

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Magil Zeal posted:

Rest in peace Bane.

I really don't get that. Heavensward Bane needed a nerf, yes, on both SMN and SCH, but removing double Bios from it would have been enough by itself.

Doing that really does just come across as taking a wound and rubbing salt in it for no clear reason.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Saint Freak posted:

Flamethrowers all the way at 70. :/

Need a reason to level.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

they cleaned the preliminary patch notes out and added a link on the page to the full patch notes, except the link doesn't go anywhere. :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

If MCH didn't seem so dependent still on getting good Wildfires (and now more of them per encounter!!) I'd probably be staring at them too, but alas

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Tsurupettan posted:

they cleaned the preliminary patch notes out and added a link on the page to the full patch notes, except the link doesn't go anywhere. :allears:

Works for me.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

No really, there being Miasma III but not Miasma II is just silly.