Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Archived thread 1 (Apr 2010 - Nov 2012)
Archived thread 2 (Feb 2013 - Mar 2015)
Archived thread 3 (Sep 2015 - May 2016)

Like Ric said in the previous thread: make art faster

I just gave my website a bit of a rejig, added the project I'm working on plus a few other things, removed other stuff I'm not interested in anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
My bad photos are saved for posterity at SerialForeigner dot photo. It's also a place for me to make blog posts that no-one will ever read about Soviet cameras and to showcase my collection of terrible gear.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
Any particular tips for what to put on an About page? That the only part of my portfolio site where I'm just like "Ugh, what do I put here?" Should it be something like two to four lines or do you think it would be acceptable to have a couple of paragraphs?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Just do what everyone does and lie about being a complete human being with well rounded interests. This lets potential clients warm up to the idea of giving money to some stranger on the internet in exchange for arts.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
It depends on what the point of your website is. If it's just a portfolio, put an artist statement, or your location, or something. If you're trying to sell a service then read a petapixel article that tells you how to sell your "brand."

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
https://lalalauririri.tumblr.com/

Here's my brand spanking new web portfolio. Currently there's mostly photos from a zine I made for a school project. I shoot mostly on film with a Minolta SRT-101. The reason some of the photos have a green tint is because being poor I bought film from a garage sale and it was past its expire date. Hope you like it and you can give me tips on how to improve my site to more accessible. I bought a stupid tumblr theme for 19 bucks without thinking how a grid style site is not the best for showing photography.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Still Dope posted:

https://lalalauririri.tumblr.com/

Here's my brand spanking new web portfolio. Currently there's mostly photos from a zine I made for a school project. I shoot mostly on film with a Minolta SRT-101. The reason some of the photos have a green tint is because being poor I bought film from a garage sale and it was past its expire date. Hope you like it and you can give me tips on how to improve my site to more accessible. I bought a stupid tumblr theme for 19 bucks without thinking how a grid style site is not the best for showing photography.

The only thing I might suggest is maybe rearranging the order of photos a bit so the middle isn't just a line of horizontal shots. One vertical shot in each vertical line to kinda break up the monotony of the grid.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy

ReverendHammer posted:

The only thing I might suggest is maybe rearranging the order of photos a bit so the middle isn't just a line of horizontal shots. One vertical shot in each vertical line to kinda break up the monotony of the grid.

I rearranged the photos a bit and it's better now, cheers! Also added some new photos there.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I have made my site nicer:

http://www.michaelgarbutt.com

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Huh... I'm kinda digging the horizontal scroll here. Interesting way to show off things.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
horizontal scroll is the way to go imo these days. I don't know what monitor you will be using to look at my site but I do know it will be a rectangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
how'd's this look: pinopsida.com

• Locked thread