Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I want to play this boardgame again, I'm in as a captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Isn't there a maneuver that lets you turn in place without moving or something? It has some sort of penalty I think but might be worth it if the ship gets behind us.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Nice, turns out 4 photon torpedoes hurt quite a bit.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That sounds good to me but I want to start arming my plasma torpedo too. It takes 3 turns to arm and if we go up the left side, we can probably avoid them until it's ready to go.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The Gorn have plasma torps too but we can activate cloak to get a 2/3 chance of a miss and half damage on hit.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The destroyer is closer, we can focus it and kill it quickly but we'll see how they're maneuvering first.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah, stay the course, fire on the DD if there's 66% chance to hit. Reserve one phaser for a plasma torp until impulse 24. Firing after that means it's on cooldown for a quarter turn next turn right?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yes.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

How does firing a pseudo torpedo affect the ship? We don't lose the real plasma torp charge?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Alright, sounds like there's no reason not to use one at this point then. Same plan as Added Space then except cut to starboard, fire rear phasers if any ships get in that firing arc.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Added Space posted:

The war Eagles have their defensive phasers on their right arc. They always want to break to port to screen anything coming at them.

Are you sure? The description above says they're both RA.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Holy poo poo, our torps do 50 damage? That cruiser got vaporized. Although I guess one of us would be in similar trouble if the cruiser fired both torpedoes.

But yeah, offer surrender. If not, pursue and destroy. The destroyer can't do much at this point even with a torpedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

C

Hunt some pirates.

• Locked thread