Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ah, Star Fleet Battles. Star Trek through the lens of 1970's Mil Sci-Fi with a license made out of spite. Seriously, Star Fleet must always be two words and supposedly they can only mention the Enterprise a handful of times in the lifespan of the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What happened to the ships the Kelvin was looking for? Are they space dust?

Also, this is bring back memories of my Starfleet Command days, where my tactical prowess was limited to playing the Kzinti Mirak and banzai charging at enemy ships before hitting the Z key and unloading everything. Get enough drones and you're basically a spaceborne shotgun.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

wedgekree posted:

... Also this thread makes me wish that GoG would do Starfleet Command compatible with newer OS's as SFC 1 is only good on Win 7.

What they need to do is get Empires at War and Orion Pirates up already, along with Klingon Academy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So is SFB using a different definition of Warp Drive or is it saying the Romulans did not have faster-than-light travel during the Earth-Romulan Wars?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That can be chalked up to it being a TV show going through many different writers it was never going to make a coherent universe the cloaking device taking up so much power that warp drive was pointless and the Romulans basically being on a suicide mission.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If that lets us throw in the Federation then I second.

Edit: Tholians

Kavak fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 24, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

VendoViper posted:

What is up with Hydrans?

They're a giant space monarchy (Royal family of 30,000 with 1,200 prices and princesses who have claims to the throne) who used to be occupied by the Klingons and Lyrans and are now a Federation ally. I do not remember how they work gameplay wise but I'm sure someone here knows

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

You'd think destroying all of its hull points would at least kill some Crew units.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

How long is an impulse in real seconds? I remember there was a lot of talk about relativity when I tried to learn how to play this game.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm gonna imagine them as 6 seconds like a D&D round.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

VendoViper posted:

That is about how I am thinking of them when I get distracted and write lovely Star Trek Fan Fiction during the turn updates.

I like the little narratives, it'll keep things interesting.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The only downside to avoiding boarding parties is that they might trigger the self-destruct and cost us our prize. (Speaking OOC, don't know if that's a thing in SFB)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Please tell me you're setting up a new scenario or something and that this hasn't died :(

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

C for variety.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

There was a different Starfleet Command 3 in development? Dang, that would've been neat.

EDIT: http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/wynstarcluster.shtml Sounds like the WYN were cut also because they're basically a bunch of "live free or die" type pirates instead of a real empire.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jul 23, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Can we send out a distress call or whatever telling the freighter to change course right loving now?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If one of the captains volunteers to be a suicide ship, then maybe. Otherwise it makes more sense to take our chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

At the least, a play by post is better for rules debates than a live game.

• Locked thread