Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

wedgekree posted:

Awesome! Great to see a SFB game. Watching!

Also I know there was a SFB campaign a few years ago on the forums, you might look to that for how to handle it.

I was in that attempt. It ended when an unnamed goon swaggered in, said he was world ranked in this board game, and flipped the table when his orders weren't implemented in precisely the right way.

That said, I'd love another go. I'd like to play Romulans, it's fun to scuttle around under cloak.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
From what I remember, shields take a turn to warm up but you can power phasers any time you like?

Drones are pretty poo poo in this game, we can shoot them down with phasers. I suggest powering weapons and shields and close range with the asteroid. 8 is our ideal engagement range.

E: waited too long to hit send :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I wrote a whole post last thread in how a federation cruiser makes a better station than a ship. You can maneuver more than fast enough to keep a ship in your primary firing arc and use your engine power to reinforce the shield.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ooooh, the War Eagles are a nasty little beastie. Tough shields, armor plating, and a weapon that does 50 points of damage when fully charged. It even has the option of hiding in cloak.

The only thing that makes me hesitant is the low sensor resolution, which means there might be more ships hiding behind those rocks.

I'm thinking we power up shields and weapons, keep the cloak on standby, and head up the left side of the map to clear the rocks. Might as well order them to surrender, they're seriously outmatched as the board stands now.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yep.

Shields up, phasers and torps charged, cloak on standby. Head up the left side of the map.

If I remember correctly, batteries can be used for instant shield reinforcement on a hit? If so, wire the batteries to the shields.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yep. Time a volley to converge on a ship at the same time. Maybe fire a pseudo-torp first to soak up some phasers - depends on how big of suckers they are.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'm thinking we stay the course.

Fire if they get in range 5, end the turn with the DD in the FA arc.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 24, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yep.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Can we teleport over some mines or do we have to power the teleporter at the start of the round? Maybe send over our boarding parties?

Tenative plans - bump our speed up, get close to the cruiser, fire off one psuedo torp from me and full torps next impulse, break counter-clockwise. Phaser the poo poo out of any shuttlecraft that launch.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 25, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok. Cut the cloak, power weapons, divert all spare power to speed, use three points of battery to finish charging the torp. Head towards the cruiser. At closest approach (min range 2), fire one psuedo and then the real torp at the cruiser then break to port around them. Reserve phasers to fire on shuttles or gorn torps.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yeah, this game has a bunch of weird, self-negating rules. Some things can only use warp power - but warp engines are 90% of your power supply and this is never a problem. Sure you can teleport over boarding parties - but they'll only work if the target is basically scrap anyway. You can do scientific analysis - but this is just a skill gate for pre-made missions.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The war Eagles have their defensive phasers on their right arc. They always want to break to port to screen anything coming at them.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Oh right, RS is right side, RA is rear. Derp.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'd board it, but that dinky little thing isn't worth Romulan blood. All non-essential power to speed and weapons. Given them one chance to surrender. If they refuse, blow them away.

I thought torpedoes diminished pretty quickly, like a point every 1-2 hexes they moved.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I told you these ships should have surrendered or run first round. This was an absurd mismatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Again, just not worth it. The Enterprise, sure, but not for some half-melted DD.

Send a fake distress signal, use cloak and hide in the asteroids, now that's a plan.

• Locked thread