Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo.

So someone said that macro weapons do double damage to the TITANIC keyword, so it might not be so bad.

I hope volcano cannons get an errata to do that though. I really want a shadowsword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

chutche2 posted:

So someone said that macro weapons do double damage to the TITANIC keyword, so it might not be so bad.

I hope volcano cannons get an errata to do that though. I really want a shadowsword.

Belicosa Volcanno Cannon 180" Macro D6 S30 AP-6 D12. Any wound roll of 6 causes an additional d6 moral wounds.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

Belicosa Volcanno Cannon 180" Macro D6 S30 AP-6 D12. Any wound roll of 6 causes an additional d6 moral wounds.

Wow that's way stronger than the shadowsword volcano cannon.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Regular Sicaran looks nice but a bit blandly so. Venator on the other hand seems like a bit of a beast. 3 shot Neutron Cannon with no penalties for movement. I'll take that.

Looks like they included rules for the new variant they showed off at Warham Fest. Looks like a proper horde muncher. 18 shot Heavy Bolter main gun.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 17, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Sicaran's main gun is 48" Assault 8 S7 AP-1 D2. No penalty for shooting targets with Fly and ever wound roll of 6 increases the AP to -3. Not all that exciting, to be completely honest.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Commander Culln's got a bubble of Feel No Pain and a sword that gains a Power Fist's profile if he's fighting a Vehicle/Monster.

Meanwhile Huron has a Orbital Bombardment and a -5 AP melee weapon that fucks with Invuns.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

The Sicaran's main gun is 48" Assault 8 S7 AP-1 D2. No penalty for shooting targets with Fly and ever wound roll of 6 increases the AP to -3. Not all that exciting, to be completely honest.

It can also carry 3 heavy bolters, but yeah. Unless it's cheap as hell I can't see using that instead of a Crusader.

Oh well, my Sicaran is a venator anyway.

Edit: I guess leaks are files now so I won't post them directly actually

poo poo this looks tasty. S12 Ap-4 D6 on the neutron laser.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 17, 2017

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Is anyone in Nottingham? Apparently all the FW indexes are on display in WHW. This is a facebook post about the Hierophant:

quote:

Two dire cannons which are macro 6 str 10 2d6 damage and can supercharge it for d3 mortal wounds but doubles strength of cannon, macro means against titanic or building do double damage, 50 wounds 90 power level. Tried to sneak a pic but couldn't. Anyone in UK they are available to view at forgeworld along with all the other 8th books

Also it's s10 t9 6 attacks bit that goes down as wounds go down. Has lash whip something that do 3 dice per attack so I think it means 18 in total but not sure plus some talons.

Also has troop transport capability and the template weapon it had before. Can't remember if it costs extra but the transport it states what units you can transport and is capacity 20

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Ilor posted:

Whoops, posted in the old thread.

Funny, I've always liked them blue:

Ooh, they look great

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the heirophant is going to be almost double the points cost it was before?!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
90power means it'll be roughly 1800 points, feel bad for that dude that owns two for some reason.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So a sicaran is 240 points before sponsons.

That's not great compared to a crusader. Crusader is way tougher and carries troops for 40 more points.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

90power means it'll be roughly 1800 points, feel bad for that dude that owns two for some reason.

Yeah I feel like we haven't seen everything. It could have 140 wounds or something ridiculous.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I have to wonder if these are rules to get us by until an Imperial Armor release. The rules all have the same bland feel as everything else.

The Sicaran doesn't look overpowered or anything but is still quite playable at least. I'll take it for sure.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I have a starter, extra set of biglys and 4 indexes. Warriors of Iron will get started tomorrow.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Trying to get a SoS and Custodes force together for 8th. Just finished these, I really like painting gold

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Renegade Knights get all those tasty Forge World Knight patterns now :getin:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
lmao at the grav bombard on the leviathan

Heavy d3, S9 AP-5 2 damage, 5 damage vs monsters vehicles and titans, +d3 shots for every 5 models in the target unit.

Imagine unloading on some poxwalkers or something with that poo poo. 5d3 shots for a 20 model unit.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
That's some nice gold and smooth crests.

Some sisters of silence. I may try to get pictures of them on some nice scenery tomorrow if some for the OP are needed:

Also need some touchups. I forgot how much the camera brings out every flaw.

Edit: Also for bronze, I prefer a red or purple shade to a brown one. gives it more color imo.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Felime posted:

Edit: Also for bronze, I prefer a red or purple shade to a brown one. gives it more color imo.

Got a citadel color suggestion for that? I hate brass scorpion and warplock bronze. They are way too close to the golds.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Alright just came back from my first 8e game and first 40k game in like over a decade. It was my Admech patrol + Imperial Guard patrol detachment vs my friend's Necrons in a Scouring Mission. I was kinda blown away by how well the guard did, the Company Commander just followed an infantry and Scion squad around and kept yelling orders at them and they did some serious work. They crushed a small squad of immortals, a ton of scarabs and almost took down a full squad of warriors, though the bastards kept getting back up no matter how many I took down!

Sniped the Lord to death with Arquebuses but other than that my Admec didn't really do so well, a lot of it was my fault since I didn't deploy my Dominus and Vanguard optimally so they barely affected the games outcome. I was also kinda disappointed with my crawling killamagig Onager, he scored wound after wound on the enemy necron crawler thing with the neutron laser but nothing stuck, just kept fizzling out on it's shield.

At the end of turn five I had taken half the board and he had the other but he had more victory points so I lost out but it was still a drat fun game, pretty quick even though we kept checking the rulebook and our wargear lists just about every turn. Also we both completely forgot about our command points, that would have helped in a few places. Really making me consider working on a full Guard or even a Guard + Genestealer Cult army.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

chutche2 posted:

Wow that's way stronger than the shadowsword volcano cannon.

Probably because there is a big difference between a belicosa and a regular one in 7th. 10" template compared to a 5".
Plus the belecosa is a good deal longer than the shadowsword tank itself and has a lot of bulk besides.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

Got a citadel color suggestion for that? I hate brass scorpion and warplock bronze. They are way too close to the golds.

I have been using hammered copper from vallejo as my base, with bright bronze on top. As a wash, I go with a reikland fleshshade equivalent, or just purple paint diluted with water and glaze (Lahmian) medium.

In GW paints, that's probably balthasar gold for the base, though it's not nearly as nice and rich and red as hammered copper is. Then, for the shade, Reikland Fleshshade or druchii violet. Then a highlight of golden griffon or liberator gold.

The difference between gold and brass or copper is fairly subtle, and you can use almost the same paints with different amounts of subtlety and washes to get different effects.

Our lord and savior Duncan has a tutorial on purplish bronze. I went for a more reddish color with mine, but that's really just swapping out the wash color and intensity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96RYPJIbJ_k

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
:siren:THECHIRURGEON'S CAMPAIGN UPDATE:siren:

Hi everyone, as you may recall from the prior thread, I've been running a Planetary Onslaught Campaign with my group. We wrapped up game 6 a couple of weeks ago, a larger 2v2 game wherein my Chaos Space Marines teamed up with Necrons and ultimately were forced to fall back from our fortified position by Tau and AdMech forces. That ended Phase I of our campaign.

With 7th edition in our rear-views and the rules we were using now out-of-date, we had to figure out how we were going to move forward in our campaign. Fortunately, the new 8th edition rulebook had some cool ideas about how a 40k campaign could be run that I was able to adapt into a system that will work for us. We're adding 4 new players in phase II, including BuffaloChicken and his Genestealer Cults, and looking for a little more flexibility in how we do rounds. So in the interest of sharing the love, I'm sharing the campaign rules I've been working on!

THE PAULUS CAMPAIGN

Welcome to Paulus, a small ice-covered planet in the Sullocillo System. Paulus has largely gone unnoticed by Imperial Surveyors, appearing to be useful only as an outpost. Until recently, that is.

Chaos forces have descended upon Paulus, looking for something. Their arrival has woken the Necrons that have long slumbered beneath the planet's surface. As they clash with tainted Imperial forces, they find they must also contend with the enigmatic Eldar, selfish Adeptus Mechanicus, and now invading Tau, looking to strike a Mont'Ka on the vulnerable world. And Orks, always eager to fight, now drop to the planet's surface, ready to prove their worth against so many enemies.

What are the forces of Chaos looking for? Why do the Eldar want to stop them so badly? Are Orks really Da Strongest? And who will claim Paulus?

THE CAMPAIGN RULES
Basically, each phase of the campaign lasts 6 Rounds. Each round, players are assigned to play one or more players (winners usually matched up against last round's winners). Once that happens, players have 6 weeks to schedule your game and play it, then the round ends (A round can end early if everyone gets their games in).

Once a player knows who their opponent is, they need to get ahold of them and schedule a time/date/place to play. Before they meet up, they check the campaign rules--there's a table of CAMPAIGN ACTIONS for players to choose from. This looks complicated, but it's really cool and deceptively simple--all you do is each pick an action (based on the bonus you want to get from winning, or the type of game you want to play), then reveal your actions. Then check the table. The actions you chose will determine the mission you play. What table, you ask? This table right here, which is a modified version of the one in the 8th edition rulebook, only including more Stronghold Assault, Planetstrike, and Cities of Death missions.

Why would you select a specific action? Because actions determine the kind of bonus you'll get for winning in the next round.

Once players figure out a mission, they figure out how many points they want to play, build their armies, meet up and play. The winner gets to use the bonus from their action in their next game!

Shadow War and Kill Team
We've also made rules to incorporate Shadow War and Kill Team. Players can maintain a kill team in either/both, and play up to 1 game per round of each that "counts" for campaign purposes. Each Killteam win scores the winner 1 Prometheum Cache. Prometheum Caches won in either game type can be spent prior to a game of 40k to get +1 CP for that game, which can be spent before or during the game. Note: We may incorporate these in other ways later in the campaign, but for the time being they're mostly smaller campaigns that run alongside the 40k campaign

Download the Campaign Rules!!

Supreme Warlords
In addition to this, each player in the campaign has to designate a Supreme Warlord, who gets to pick a Warlord trait that they have throughout the campaign. At the start of each new phase (every 6 Rounds in our campaign), Warlords earn a new trait. Only the Supreme Warlord can earn Warlord Traits, and unique characters can't act as your Supreme Warlord. Well, they can, but they don't get traits so it'd be a bit of a waste. We've also created a list of Warlord Traits for the campaign to cover the loss of faction-specific traits.

Check out the Rules for Supreme Warlords, with Campaign Warlord Traits

New Missions
Ok, so you think all this looks great, but you've noticed that not all the missions on that chart are in the new rulebook. Or you think this is all a hassle, but just want some new missions. Well, we've also added a bunch of new missions to round out the chart and cover a few more narrative bases. Most of these are updates of older missions in 4th - 7th edition supplements, but a few are brand new, such as

Ok, you just want the missions, you can find those here:
Assassinate
Breakout
Breakthrough
Cloak and Dagger <---- my favorite mission of the new ones. If you try this one out, *PLEASE* give me feedback on it!
Crossfire
Planetstrike rules, which includes Planetfall and Planetquake missions
Rearguard
Resource Extraction
Sniper's Alley
The Chase
Trench Warfare

BONUS MISSION
FURY ROAD - Exactly what it sounds like. An updated version of the Gorkamorka mission "Da Chase"

I'll be doing updates on the campaign as we go similar to what I was doing in the last thread, and sharing my thoughts/ideas on designing/running a campaign. This is my third campaign in the last few years, and has been running for just over a year now. Hoping to make the jump to 8th smoothly and mix things up in a way that the players will find interesting but not too complicated. The plan is to mostly use the mission table with the occasional event/special round thrown in. For example: In this Round 1 of phase 2, two of our new players have to play Planetfall missions as attackers, to represent their forces dropping to the planet's surface and attempting to establish a forward base. As we do these special rounds/mission choices, I'll note those as well.

If you choose to use these rules with your own group, or just test out the missions, I'd love to hear your feedback on the experience or the missions and suggestions for tweaking them.

In case you missed it, Download the Campaign Rules Here

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 17, 2017

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
In celebration of 8th starting a new Drukhari army, here have a test model

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So, can you guys help me build a Tau list for my friend? He was already leaning that playstyle before, but after us doing some demo games where he had a stationary fire base backed up by deep striking fast attackers, he's definitely wanting to go with a Tau build like that.

So I'm guessing crisis suits for the deep striking fast attack stuff, but what should he use for the fire base? He looks interested in stealth suits and ghost keels, too. Was going to have him start out with 1-2 start collecting boxes and a pathfinder+devilfish box.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So what's the verdict on AdMech? It's my main deal and I'm hearing worrying reports out there. But I guess I need to paint all these electro priests I have since they are good now?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

So what's the verdict on AdMech? It's my main deal and I'm hearing worrying reports out there. But I guess I need to paint all these electro priests I have since they are good now?

a bit early to call, but they seem really solid. Electropriests are silly and the rest is good.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Welp, returned the iBooks copy of Index Imperium 2 for a refund and bought the paper copy.

I look forward to Guard being one of the first Codices released and throwing this in the trash :v:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Also Imperial Guard Squad Sergeants can take any ranged weapon.

Plasma Gun, Flamer, Vulcan Mega Bolter :getin:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeast posted:

Also Imperial Guard Squad Sergeants can take any ranged weapon.

Plasma Gun, Flamer, Vulcan Mega Bolter :getin:

Any weapon from the ranged weapon list. Which means either a bolt gun, bolt pistol, or plasma pistol.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

Any weapon from the ranged weapon list. Which means either a bolt gun, bolt pistol, or plasma pistol.

Are you sure? It seems to me like intended behavior for the sergeants to carry titan weaponry.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

New thread, have some Cadians!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BattleScribe has the points wrong for autocannons on the taurax.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

As a primarily harlequin player, I'm thinking of branching out into some craftworld/dark eldar goodness. Doesnt seem too beneficial to lock in as harlequin keyword only right now.

Any idea where to start? I bought a FW Wraith Knight last month because I thought it would be cool to paint, so may use that as a starting point (even if theyre tons of points). Do you think adding more Wraith stuff would be worth it?

I hear Ravagers are real good for their points now?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Heading out to a midnight launch for 8th. I accept that this makes me a broken person.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Also, I can't bring multiple veteran squads with different types of weapons. When I change the special weapons on one it changes the special weapons on all of them.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Yeah, all the army list builders are still broken as hell. It'll be a long wait.

Got back from the store and breaking out the pens and paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So it looks like Lias lets you deep strike 3 Infantry units + him that aren't primaris, centurion, and terminator. And gives rerolls to hit, and +1 to all movements to nearby models including charges and advances. Nice.

He's also got a 2+ save and gets 2 armor from cover, so dude gets a 3+ save against plasma and poo poo.