Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

The Bee posted:

So I can't bring them in a Death Guard detachment, but they're fine if summoned after the fact or taken as their own supplement? That seems fair to me, especially with Patrol at the least being easy to get.

I think that is how it works, because you can bring any chaos stuff in other detachments. There is no limit unless it is limited by a special chapter or rules thing. Like the chapter rules for the space marines or the Admec

And the detachments don't effect each other for limits, so yeah I am pretty sure it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

SteelMentor posted:

I just want to say that if you play Death Guard, and if you play Typhus/Necrosius Poxwalker spam you're a bad person and deserve nothing but scorn.

I have no idea what Necrosius is but I totally field Typhus and 60 poxwalkers

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

The Sex Cannon posted:

I've been messing around with the new SM codex this week and I have some thoughts:

1. What are Reivers for? Deepstrike? Outflank? Lots of bolter shots? Close combat? I feel like they're for close combat, but they're not crazy good at it.
2. The Repulsor is a bajillion points. ~350 if you kit it out for anti-tank. That's crazy expensive for a dedicated transport.
3. The Redemptor seems like a solid unit. ~200 for some serious anti-infantry firepower and some nasty close combat punch. Cool model, too.
4. Hellblasters are a cool unit. The assault plasmas are trash, but the other 2 are pretty nice. Stick a cheap captain between two units in cover and they're a problem for anyone (especially if you play Raven Guard like me!). It would be better for them if they had a transport that didn't cost 350 points, though.
5. The plasma inceptors are hot loving garbage at 86 pts per model. MSU = 258. No thanks.
6. Conversely you could take 6 agressors of either loadout (as they're the same cost) for 258. A 6-man agressor squad looks particularly good with Raven Guard because of that infiltrate stratagem. Deploy them 9 inches away, move 'em, advance 'em, shoot 'em, and charge 'em. They can tie up a whole bunch and cause serious damage to infantry in the shooting phase and to tanks/monsters in the fight phase. A little pricey, but still pretty effective.
7. The primaris librarian is awesome, but he's the best character by far. The apothecary comes in second because he's an elite and can raise the dead. The rest of the characters are kinda lackluster. Though I like the idea of putting the burning blade on a lieutenant for free. Makes him a little bit scary.

I'm excited to work through these guys and get some games in with them. The models are fantastic and they seem pretty good. I'm very happy they made Raven Guard so good. We've been poo poo since 5th edition.

Every time I make a list with inceptors I find something else to put in it instead sadly, I am not sure what their use is with how expensive they are.

I loving love Redemptor dreads, so much shooting from a platform that can retreat and shoot again(I was playing as Ultramarines)

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

moths posted:

Word Bearers seems like the way to go if you want to roll Daemons and trash mobs.

Do Daemons get the <legion> keyword? The reroll might be more awesome if you have a chance to blink in more baddies.

Daemons aren't in marine legions, so no sadly

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Good time to just use 3 dice for even mid-range summons.

Actually that raises an interesting question: If I make an army of chaos space marines and leave 500 points of daemons to summon, do I still get legion traits? Every unit in my detachment has the <LEGION> Keyword, since I don't have to specify what units the daemons are or add them to my list. My gut says that's kosher, you just can't start with any daemons on the table from the same detachment if you want to get the Legion trait

Summoned things aren't part of detachments, so you should be ok

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
With the smallest detachment being 1 HQ/1 troop it isn't like it is hard to make multiple detachment armies work.

I mean with daemons you want a herald/Greater daemon usually anyway

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

quote:

Talking about those Plague Marine options, here are all the new stuff for em:

Plague Spewer - 8" / Heavy D6 auto hits / S5 / AP 1 / D1 / Plague Weapon
Plague Belcher -8" / Assault D6 auto hits / S4 / D1 / Plague Weapon
Flail of Corruption - +2S / AP2 / 2D / Plague, D3 hit rolls, damage carries over
Great Plague Cleaver - x2S / AP3 / D6-D/ Plague, -1 to hit
Mace of contation - +2S / AP1 / 3D / Plague, -1 to hit
Bubotix Axe - +1S / AP1 / 1D / Plague

Also: Vectors of Death & Disease: Plague Marine euipped with two plague knives or
a plague knife + bubotic axe has attack 2 instead of 1.

Ok, guessing the new plaguemarine kit is gonna have a lot of options

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Corrode posted:

Some cool toys. What does Plague do? I assumed it was poison but that doesn't line up with having it on strength gear.

Re-roll ones to wound I think, that is what it does in the index

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The dark pact is gonna be great too for word bearers because you get to pick and choose which dice to re-roll when you summon.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Genghis Cohen posted:

Played and lost hard this evening - I decided to tone it down and take a zany list, because I thought my friends were growing sick of slogging against my Imperial Guard army. So I took some zany inquisition stuff and one of each assassin type in a 1k game. This unfortunately coincided with my opponent deciding his Tyranid lists weren't working, so he arrived with 90 termagants and 2 Tervigons! Something of a mismatch. Nothing I could really do to his army, so I just got slowly swarmed to death. Tabled in turn 6. Obviously not their ideal targets, but even so I was struck by how pointless Inquisitors are now. The assassins and ministorum close combat squads (Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins) that I took, I can see where they would be useful. The Inquisitors are just overpriced Psykers, they have no real benefit over a Primaris Psyker and their buffs to other models are negligible.

I like Greyfax, but I can't see the use of a normal inquisitor.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

goose willis posted:

The foetid bloat drone model is loving gorgeous but how is it in-game?

Mine have done work, they shoot 2d6 autohitting attacks that re-roll 1's to wound and start at S:6 with -1 rend. They get locked in combat, they fly away and shoot again.

They are a mobile unit in a crazy slow army

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Renegades getting run and charge is gonna be great for all my nurgle bikers and stuff that can't be part of deathguard anymore.

Pretty excited for this book!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

OhDearGodNo posted:

I wanted this to have its own post.

e: this is the work of my oldest son, who has an... affinity for Ultras.

We need a bigger gif of this

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

General Olloth posted:

Command and Conquer soundtracks. I mean, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I got an opinion for you--- I enjoy reading this thread even if people disagree, and if I met any of you in real life, I would buy you a beer. Whatever the cheapest beer is, since I spend too much money on this game.

This right here is the best opinion

Although I have to say the chaos book is looking excited, they got me excited with Traitor legions in 7th and now they are gonna hook me again.

I like the idea that I can run several smaller detachments if I wanted to and have a bunch of chaos legions teamed up together :D

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I am less interested in Mortarian than I am the other things that will come out with him, like hopefully those big daemon looking multileg things

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zaphod42 posted:

They're all berserk but they haven't all earned their Berserker merit badges yet

Do other berserkers have the nails / brain lobotomies or is that just Angron? I thought he did that to most of his dudes too. That'd be an easy way to distinguish between tacticals and berserkers.

All you need is kill

Then there's the blood angels death company...

All the actual berserkers have the lobotomies, it's part of becoming one

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The tzeentch discipline will come in the tzeentch book, which will be coming for sure.

They are just saying that you can use the index powers if you don't want to buy the chaos marines codex

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Secondly, if you’re a Thousand Sons player, you may have noticed that the Dark Hereticus discipline in the new codex is larger than the one in the Index. Don’t worry – the discipline isn’t being replaced and you won’t need to get Codex: Chaos Space Marines to keep using it. Similarly, if you have Codex: Chaos Space Marines, you’re welcome to use the expanded Dark Hereticus powers with your Thousand Sons Psykers. If you’re a Daemons player, this change also applies to Be’lakor.

All they are saying is if you want to spend the money one the new book/cards you can use it, but if you don't want to you can just use the old ones

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The best thing for sisters is pretty well Dominions, Retributors and Seraphim(And Celestine).

I use flamers on Seraphim, but that is mostly because I don't want to convert Melta pistols.

Celestine hits like a goddamn truck too.

This is the best that Sisters have been since like 5th edition.

I am a filthy mixer though, so I have Tempestus to drop in behind my enemy to help with tanks hidden somewhere.

I wish I had repressors to use, but Immolaters are quite good

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
So I've been playing quite a few games with my sisters of battle, and I was wondering if anyone here has used Ogryns at all?

I am trying to figure out if I should do a unit of 3 Bullgryns in a vehicle + a priest, or if I should footslog a unit of 6 up with a priest.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Yeast posted:

I use 3 + a priest in a Chimera as a plug for my lines when playing guard. Pretty good. I'm waiting for the Guard Codex before getting anymore, the armament at the moment I predict is a typo that gets fixed. (The ability to mix and match between their combat weapons/shields).

Yeah I was thinking of using a Taurox, mostly because I got one in the get started box and I don't feel like having my storm troopers ride in one when they can deep strike wherever the gently caress they want

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Goddamn I love this model, but why the gently caress does he need to have so much poo poo on him. Just details on top of details.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

goose willis posted:

What are the wounding rules in 8th edition for units with multiple models that have multiple wounds?

Like let's say I have five Primaris dudes with two wounds each, so ten total. The unit takes five wounds from an attack. Do I have five Primaris with one wound each, two dead Primaris and one with one wound, or do I get to pick?

You keep putting wounds on a model until it dies, so you have 2 dead and one wounded

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I love the new plague marines, but they are so detailed that it kind of looks odd to have multiple squads of them. They almost look like characters because of all the fiddly poo poo on them

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Admech is next week

Also Cawl is not a lot cheaper than the Triumvirate of the imperium box

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

JoshTheStampede posted:

This was my Carcharadons vs his Sisters plus Roboute. He scouts his repressors full of meltas up, I pop one with a charging dread and wipe a couple 5-woman sisters squads and most of a Crusader squad. He takes long-distance miltimelta shots at my centurions, whiffs, vaporizes my dreadnought with the meltas, wipes a squad of scouts, Celestine charges my terminators and whiffs, and he quits at the bottom of 1 saying he can't possibly win so why bother.

He's been saying sisters suck since 8th stated, he claimed this was him trying to see if Roubute could salvage them. One turn of one game in which Roboute did nothing apparent,y was enough to show him he couldn't. A lot of "I don't know why I play dice games" and belaboring every roll that came up below average while ignoring the ones above average (like making a couple 6+ lascannon saves with a rhino).

To clarify, I have no problems whatsoeevr with scooping out of a game that is a real forgone conclusion. But if you're gonna quit on turn 1 becuase you took the slightly worse end of a trade, just do me a favor and tell me beforehand, we'll roll off on random.org to see who wins and save me the trouble of showing up.

Sisters are very good right now, I've only lost 1 game with them out of 10. And I don't even have the crazy OP repressors

Celestine is a loving beast, but I likely wouldn't put her into terms.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
World of tanks but just 40k and 30k vehicles would be bad-rear end as gently caress

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
So are the genestealer cult gonna get put back into the tyranid book?

Or are we gonna have to wait a year for a book I wonder

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Finally finished my Guilliman, changed it up a bit from the 'default' look (I really hated all that gold swirly poo poo, and didn't think he looked particularly Ultramarine-y) and I think it was for the better, but still gently caress this fiddly rear end model, there's such a thing as too much detail where it just becomes a chore to paint.

This is loving gorgeous

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I painted all my old Catachans with dark skin because they live in a jungle planet.

Also painting dark skin was so much easier I found, if I messed it up people couldn't really tell

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I do remember in the Dark Heresy fluff it said that a lot of people in the imperium were sickly pasty white was because they lived in the hives and actually had never seen the sun

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Groetgaffel posted:

The old Dark Flesh paint was lovely, one of my favourites. Amazing coverage. It was my primary go-to for my Catachans.

It was, painting light coloured skin was awful.

Like one coat of that paint and the skin was ready to highlight.

Really it boils down to that I am lazy

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ronnie Renton, Mantic's CEO, was the former Managing Director at GW.

Ronnie rabidly hates GW, like spend any time in a room with him and he'll angrily rant about them.

Mantic's biggest issue is that they kickstart all their poo poo now, so local stores have no reason to bring in their poo poo because they flooded their own market with cheap kickstarter minis and so nobody wants to buy them for full price.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Corrode posted:

It would make sense to get Daemons done in Jan since they offer options for anything CHAOS, and then have some aliens and things to hunt aliens. I'm curious what we'll see model wise though - the DG well is dry, surely something new has to happen (please not more Primaris).

It seems pretty likely there will be a bunch of new nurgle daemons in January with the codex drop since they have been teasing the goddamn AOS nurgle book for like 4 months now

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Giant Isopod posted:

Huh, points drop on exorcists is welcome, and the drop on storm bolters would be really nice if the model wasn't such a pain in the rear end to acquire since they were already really good.

The drop on storm bolters was in the FAQ's that hit right after the Indexes dropped. It was a mistake that they had 4 points listed there.

And yeah, I have like 15 of the drat model. Storm bolters on SOB's are great, and will be even better if I can spend command points to shoot for free if a character dies

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Schadenboner posted:

Whatever happened to Bumfights? I feel like it could really stand to make a resurgence in the modern media landscape.

The videos have been banned in several countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada,[4] and New Zealand. The internet auction site eBay routinely cancels listings which contain copies of the video, citing their policy which prohibits the sale of materials which promote or glorify violence.[5] In the state of California, both felony and misdemeanor charges were filed against the producers, as well as civil lawsuits; in 2005,[6] the producers were sentenced to six months in prison for having failed to complete the community service to which they had previously been sentenced. The filmmakers maintain that the production of the video was a mutually beneficial arrangement and that the homeless people depicted freely chose to participate.

They went to prison and agreed to not make anymore.

They were facing a lot of legal troubles, also those bums have millions of dollars each now since they were forced to pay them out

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I have one question for the chaos space marines and Deathguard army construction.

If I take plague bearers (Or any of the daemons that are in the deathguard book) does that break the legion rules?

I mean I have just been playing it that the daemons don't get them but I get to keep my deathguard with their tactics, but I want to make sure that is right. They are in the drat book after all.

Been mostly playing sisters since this edition came out, and holy poo poo is martyrdom good!

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
God I would love some plastic sisters models, I mean I love the look of the current ones but metals are poo poo to deal with and Celestine and her buddies are such nice models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Safety Factor posted:

I'm willing to bet they were a bit of a proof of concept for plastic Sisters of Battle. Here's hoping.

Yeah I am totally hoping, I've been holding my own with my sisters/guard filler and the chapter approved stuff did make it better.

But I would love a full codex (I'd settle for a book that also has the sisters of silence, custodes etc)