Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I don't think there's any way that they spent the resources on three plastic SoB characters without the intent of doing a full line. Combine the huge success they saw when they re-launched Dark Eldar with the wish to diversify and it's pretty much guaranteed that they are coming. I cautiously expect to see them as the last of the current codex releases.

Saying "am I wrong?" when people point out that what you said was facile bollocks doesn't actually stop what you said being idiotic.

Yeah, the best part was that Celestine and the Geminae were roughly the same scale so it doesn't look super weird with them together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Goddamn I am not sure how to keep my seraphim standing up on 25 mm bases, I think I am gonna put them on 32's and hope that grognards don't get pissy

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Artum posted:

Considering my first encounter with magnus involved them using chaos familar to give him warptime and him turn 1 charging my redemptor, and this is before the thousand sons book is even out, you'll have to forgive me for having literally zero sympathy.

My first game against Thousand sons, Magnus and Daemons involved me fighting like 15 things that could cast smite

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Is there any special weapons in particular you guys take in infantry squads for guard? Or do you just keep them cheap to have bodies?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Thanks for the guard info, been converting up some guard to work with my sisters

Who needs helmets when you are crazy fanatics

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Deified Data posted:

Screamer-Killer what I done did. I've decided these guys are bio-luminescent to make up for being half-blind from primarily attacking night worlds.

That is an awesome bug

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Since my Chapter is the "Regal Skulls" I figured it would only be appropriate if the Ancient carried around a giant skull instead of a banner. So I whipped up something quick as a proportion test.

Awesome? Absurd? Absurdly Awesome?

The tentative plan is to use the 25th Anniversary Veteran Sergeant since he deserves to be more than just a common soldier (and seriously who doesn't give their Sergeant a power sword and grenade launcher), and probably apply a cross-piece and some chains to make the thing suitable ornate and skull-covered.

Absurd and also awesome

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I feel like 40k Dorn should be a very fancy helmet mounted to the back wrist of a detached Warlord powerfist crawling around like an enormous Thing from Addams family.

Semi-related, aren’t the Iron Hands ruled by a council of dreadnoughts? Has anyone modeled a dreadlist as that? Why hasn’t GW jumped on that with an IH upgrade sprue for dreads? You can just stick any old sarcophagus in a Redemptor, right?

If I wasn’t so committed to my nonsensical Metal Hurlant/RT-era concept for my Primaris I would absolutely be doing that.

I think the Redemptor kills the people you put in it, which Cawl didn't see as a downside.

So I wouldn't be putting the leaders of my chapter in them

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Cawl basically doesn't think of their lives as worth anything

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Sloppity Bilepiper is the best stupid name ever, this I can handle.

They need to release a pack of just random nurglings they made up, so I can buy them and give all my guys fancy little dudes

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zaphod42 posted:

Khorne got lots of warriors of chaos stuff in AoS but did they really add much to chaos marines or even daemons in 40k at all recently? Nothing comes to mind, but IDK

They got Kharn I guess?

They did get the bloodthirsters/Other angrier bloodthirster.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Holy poo poo I am so excited for Kill Team

A little sad that sisters aren't in there, but hopefully they will be after they get their new book whenever that occurs.

Is there gonna be a kill team thread?

Also I never thought about using adblocker to block the obnoxious avatars, thanks for the suggestion

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Brinty posted:

There's a facebook comment thing floating around where whoever runs the official page essentially confirmed that they'd get included at some point. Same one that confirmed stealth suits for Tau.

Ah yiss, I can't wait for plastic sisters.

This is the game I will hopefully be able to convince all my AOS buddies to get in on.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Poxwalkers had better be a goddamn option for Kill Team, I want to run one Plague Marine and as many poxwalkers as I can fit

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

bonds0097 posted:

Finished my first Kill Team! For Kill Team! And 40K later on.

And here is Veteran Sergeant Redox of the Iron Hands:

You should show us more of your models

Close ups on all of them

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
It's a big problem in 40k now that flamers can't kill like 15 of them at a time, people can just stack 100's of cheap poo poo bodies since multiwound weapons don't carry over.

I have fought that list too, and my army couldn't stand up to 200 saves a turn

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
They were kind of bad many many many years ago when you could assault out of rhinos, but even then they were shooty as hell.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

muggins posted:

I just have this feeling they'll take the index, move around some points, add 'chapter tactics' of some sort, strategems, and call it good

It'd be sweet if we got some sort of 'turn by turn' special rule to fluff the uprising, like idoneth or dok do in aos. Turn one, -1 to hit everything as they lurk, turn two +1s in close combat due to striking from shadows, turn three +1 armor as they fight hard, turn four return d3 models to each unit as they reinforce out of the shadows, etc

A Genestealer can dream, I guess

I really want Genestealer cult to be good, I bought into them at the end of the last edition and they were super fun but now I can't play them without getting murdered.

I basically bring like 2/3 guard units and then some Genecult for flavour

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Played two games of killteam last night, and we screwed up a ton of rules but the games were quick and fun.

The terrain kits are amazing, I am assembling them right now and there are so many sprues.

I have to say that the teams seem pretty ok balanced so far, I am sure someone will break it at some point but my group is more interested in slamming some hams than power gaming it.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Rhaegar posted:

Wow, I didn't realise the Kill Team boxset actually had most of the terrain sprues from the other standalone terrain sets except the statues. What a great box set. Not getting mine until Thursday/Friday though :(.

drat I want those statues too, this terrain is so killer nice

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TheKingsl4yer posted:

Did they say how much the other sets would be?

Mostly they are the same cost as Get started boxes, if they are the ones that come with the hard cardboard mats

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Flamers are really good for that reason, I love them with my Gene cult

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Hixson posted:

against all odds i finished another model

That paintjob looks so badass, what model is it?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Goddamn I want a few of the things from that box, I hope they sell the aberrant part separately

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Isn't that what all the redemptionists look like already?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Xenomrph posted:

If I have the Forgebane box and think smaller-scale games that aren't a huge time commitment are cool, did I gently caress up by blind-buying the Kill Team rule book?

Kill team is small, fast and good.

It has some issues, and sometimes you need to be careful which scenarios you play because some forces honestly can't do some of the narrative ones versus certain other ones

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, the KT box only really had the scenery going for it. RT is the really good stuff.

To be fair, I bought it for the scenery and the book, the extra forces were just gravy

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Has there been any word yet on what the release date will be for the Commanders kill team expansion?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
So I have a massive Chaos Daemon army from AOS, and I am wondering which units are even worth taking in 40k.

Having never used any daemons in 40k, I am really not sure how good these things are, since most of them have no guns.

But so I have:

2 GUO
Rotigus
1 Poxbringer
1 Sloppity Bilepipper
1 Spoilpox Scrivener
Horticulus Slimux
Epidemius
Daemon prince with wings and Axe
6 Nurglings (6 more unassembled)
90 Plague Bearers (With 3 sets of commands)
6 Plague Drones (With 6 more unassembled)
12 Plague Toads
3 Beasts of Nurgle

I also have the Corbax Utterblight model here somewhere

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

PierreTheMime posted:

Most of what you have there is a perfectly serviceable Nurgle army. Nurgle Daemons have the great benefit where almost every model they have is good-to-great, so it’s a matter of your play style and model preference really.

Great Unclean Ones (and Rotigus) can get priority targeted and whittled down quickly, especially if the rest of your army is infantry or characters and there’s no better place for lascannons and the like to go. At least to start, I might suggest leaving them off as they’re expensive points-wise and it always stinks to lose a great unit quickly. Daemons are swimming with great support characters; Poxbringers, Bilepipers, etc are excellent to form a horde of nigh-unkillable infantry that do gross damage when they arrive.

One thing you may want to consider is some method of anti-tank, as your daemons have short range and are slow to boot. Maybe look into a supplemental detachment of some type of vehicles or walkers with guns? Up to how you want to take it, but without long range support the first few turns will be a shooting gallery for your opponent.

Thanks, I have some death guard which I have been slowly painting up but I don't have any long range tanks.

Maybe I'll grab some predators, I do have 3 Nurgle looking Obliterators so I could use those. And two Hellbrutes, I could assemble one as a Las/Missile Launcher.

I do need to pick up one of the Big Nurgle tanks too.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

ya'll just making up words right

Living the Nurgle Dream

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

PierreTheMime posted:

Obliterators are not available to Death Guard :(

Helbrutes and Predators offer accurate shooting at the cost of “only” good toughness. Plagueburst Crawlers are ridiculously durable (T8 with Daemon save and DR) but that BS4+ really hurts. Hits like a brick, when it hits.

:zombie::hf::zombie:

Oh poo poo, you are right.

Well, I could use a patrol detachment I guess. Bring a psycher with warptime/Prescience and some Oblits

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

richyp posted:

Managed to get a copy of Conquest issue 5 yesterday with the Ultramarine Lt. on it. So I chopped him up a bit and recruited him to the deathwatch, splashed some paint on him and fell in love with VMA metallics (turns out even without an airbrush they work great).

Ah poo poo that is a cool looking mini.

So would people recommend the Vallejo Metals? I am starting to get annoyed with the GW ones, they keep splitting on me

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I am torn, on one hand I love the mask that lieutenant has on, but on the other hand I hate marines without helmets on

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Are Primaris actually any good now?

I am going up some for a kill team, but I could do some full squads if they are possibly useful

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I hope some of the new sisters stuff looks like that commissars practical style armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

PantsOptional posted:

I have what might be an immensely stupid Kill Team question. When using the Tactical Re-roll Tactic, you can only re-roll your own rolls, correct? If so, then wouldn't the only application of it to re-roll Injury rolls be for the attacker to try to re-roll a flesh wound into an Out of Action?

Or your to hit, or to wound? Or saves

But yes, I usually save mine for the Out of action rolls.

Especially vs loving Necrons