Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/08/the-return-of-fabius-bilegw-homepage-post-2
The War of the Spider updates have begun, first is a look at old Fabulous himself.

I like these changes, although I wonder why they didn't mention the Xyclos Needler. They dropped him down 1 Strength and 2 attacks, but gave him D3 attacks with his backpack, and a better chance to enhance models the way you were hoping to. It'll be interesting to see what the deal is with his army and how things like warlord traits and such would affect him. I wonder if they made his gun a relic?

I like that they made the backpack a weapon, but hopefully they didn't just trade the gun for it. Why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Gameko posted:

I really feel like you gottta be down for modeling to enjoy 40k. It’s a collectors hobby more than a gamers hobby.

With all this contrast talk I do thing it’s good to remind folks that you’ll need to play with the paints a little to get good results. They don’t quite behave like other paints.

The collecting part never really grabbed me. I mainly buy models I want to play with. Know people that buy models that will never touch the table, and while I respect people who have massive legions of 30k points, I can never bring myself to buy tons of models I'll never use. I don't have a backlog of things unbuilt. Unpainted, sure, but I can't even keep up with painting what I do have. :( Money is a big reason for this, but also I don't ever have the time to play games bigger than 2500 points as it is.

Maybe someday I'll buy the guys I just want to paint like Eisenhorn, Celestine, Abaddon, etc. :sigh:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I love his not-Sylvaneth rear end.

Reminds me of the lore behind Aekold Helbrass, the champion of Tzeentch who sows flowers in his wake. Chaos needs more stuff like that.

I absolutely love the idea of beautiful chaos. This is partly why I have an Emperor's Children army. I love the idea of something being both objectively lovely yet horrifying somehow. It's like the forest spirit in mononoke. It's majestic and beautiful, but has. A powerful presence that's kind of scary.

That character's lore is super dope, and I absolutely love the thought of that type of thing in a chaos army.

That Magnus nails both. Nice work.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Just saw this on Reddit, not sure how valid it is, but hoooo boy is that some stuff right there.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Oh, RG are gonna live and die by Eradicator usage, it's their new favourite toy.

I'm not certain how the other Chapters will fare - Without a way to drop them into a good spot, I can't imagine how they live to see Turn 3.

It's probably going to just be an inexpensive eraser that won't need to stick around past turn 3. I know I sure as poo poo don't want to deal with 3 units of these deepstriking into melta range. They are guaranteed to punch a hole in most army's front lines, which can be pretty damaging.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I would love to make a space marine army someday, but it's very intimidating with all these new units coming out every month or so. I'm not the type of warham that just buys whatever hits the shelf and has a $3,000 back log. Mainly because I can't afford to, but also because I usually only play 2000 point games and I can't justify buying a kit just so I can have a different wysiwyg gun option. Kudos to you made lads that can!

I just wish all the armies and factions had dedicated codexes and got the same focus. But then again, I'm just a biased and jaded EC fucboi that wants to shower cry about my noise marines having old sculpt upgrades and no book. :saddowns:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Brush chat:

I've been using these for a while now and I absolutely love them. They have a nice fine point, and are right in the middle of cheap brush and expensive brushes price wise.

RedGrassGames

They also have a really nice, but kinda pricey wet pallet.

As long as you have some masters soap, and store them with the bristles pointing up, (I just keep mine in the plastic tubes they come in in my brush cup) they should last for quite a while. The dude at Michigan Toy Soldier turned me on to them and I am very happy with them.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Wasn't the app supposed to go live when the pre-orders went up?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Lungboy posted:

Salamander Green is dark and boring!

poo poo yeah this owns!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

So it looks like the CSM Leviathans got hit pretty hard with the points increase.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/hqct7x/forge_world_9th_edition_points/fxxed4q?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

A redditor posted:

410 points for double butcher (16 S8 shots AP -1 D 2. Its rough. We also dont get your cushy 4++ at range, instead getting 5++ unless in melee.

We can take double melee at 320 points though which is pretty attractive as we get 6 S16 AP-4 D4 attacks on a charge as well as being able to fire 2D6 hellflamers (better heavy flamers) and 2 meltaguns while in combat now. Makes charging chaff squads much more appealing as you are getting 6 melee hits, an average of 7 flamer hits and 2 melta hits on them instead of just 6 melee like last edition.

Anyone have any idea why there's such a huge points difference between the factions for the same model?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Yes, you could play as the Humans or the zombies - the Smoker, Boomer and... the...other 2....? and tried to kill the people before they get to the safe house. It was a lot of fun.

I loved playing the old guy, and I bound his laugh to the melee button so you'd just hear this old man wheezing every time I clubbed a zombie with my shotgun. Also, the Tourette's Guy mod for the tank was awesome. You'd just hear "Where's my pants..." off in the distance.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there gonna be a new 9th ed thread, or keep posting here

Warhamme r 40,000 "I Am Aplhraruis"

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Here's an image gallery of the 12 frames of the YouTube video in which the new Space Marine codex table of contents are visible, taken at 1080p, followed by the first 10 of those 12 frames adjusted using Photoshop's Perspective Distort option to make them all straight and bigger. The theory was that, even though this is fairly lossy, the human ability to pull data from noise would mean I could interpolate missing information by rapidly paging between ten images with slightly different noise patterns.

It... seems? ...to have worked? Not perfectly; I'm not able to pull out the names of two of the three Storm Speeder variants, and I can't make out the page numbers surrounding the Suppressor Squad to get an estimate of how big the datasheet is likely to be and therefore how likely it is we're getting a multipart version of it. But anyway here's a transcribed unit list.

FIRST COLUMN
:bravo2:

Jesus christ how do SM players keep track of all those different units? I have no idea what 2/3rds of those lists even are, I couldn't imagine trying to make a list out of all that. :psyboom:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dueHwlQP4Es

Injection molding :science:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I never knew where that sample came from, thank you for this.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

Okay. I think my rules will be simple.

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle on Friday, 7th of August. You can have two raffle tickets - Here's how you get them.

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I'm not expecting huge detail, here. I just like to get inspired by hearing about painting!

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. Doesn't have to be long. This could be "We would always get together to play a game and end up drinking too much and watching Terminator 2 for some reason" or "I was really inspired with how great an opponent he was here's how".

In the name of fairness, I'll be putting every forums name into a Wheel Decide and sending the link to JIZZ DENOUEMENT for impartiality! Your submissions are due by 5PM PST, August 7th.

Thanks! I hope to see some cheerful stuff!

Replied to this in your PMs. Thank you for the opportunity!

Edit: holy hell I'm stupid. I misread the first part of that that said Necron half. Either way, the message stands. I've never given much thought as to how I'd paint necrons, but I think a scheme like this would be cool as gently caress to have:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 30, 2020

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

This would look sick as hell in any color other than red because it looks like they're branded for Gamers

Also it looks super easy to do of just BLACK then put white on the recesses and kinda fill it in lightly with a glaze/wash then do a little OSL if you're feeling fancy.

Right?! I have that new green technical paint I'm just itching to use, and I'm not a great painter anyways, so I feel like I could pull this off.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Do the scale modeller trick and decant the paint from the spraycan. Spray hard into.the lid and you can pour the paint into a bottle.

:psyboom: Jesus christ you can't just up and stay things like that! I almost had an aneurysm because of how obviously simple of an idea this is, yet I never thought to do that.

Will the paint dry out if this is done in a drip bottle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

For those using Tesseract Glow for your Necrons, what citadel paint are you putting it over to make it come out looking bright? Do you need to use a few layers of the Glow?

White underneath for sure. The difference between tesseract glow and other contrast paints is tesseract is yellow in the recesses, and green elsewhere, rather than just a darker tone of the same color.

Edit: here is an example of it on my noise marines.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2020