Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like Necrons are getting some upgrades as well, does give some credence to everyone else getting it and not just Marines. But I guess the real proof in the pudding will be when we see reboxed Eldar or some other army.

Edit:
Speaking of which.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-boxes-new-rules-new-codexes/

So Chaos Marines will also get 2 wounds if I'm reading this thing right.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

One would assume they too get 2 wounds and all those goodies on the virtue of them being marines. :v:
I mean the bigger question is what the other xenos armies get.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I managed to grab the Lieutenant single last week and I'm not sure if I should paint him as a Black Templar or Blood Angel just to mark those chapters off my to paint list.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

I won't pretend to understand the color theory behind it but that looks dope.

:same:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I tend to order exclusively from the boardgame café/game store in town these days because you get 5-10% off the GW price if you order through them and I don't have to pay their obscene shipping too. Which is a nice bonus.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh yeah, that account still exist.

Kitchner posted:

That's a fake account dude.

Here we go again. :cheeky:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

The 13th founding was also full of mutant geneseed. The primaris marines have the advantage of being made with primarch geneseed but they still have the various genetic curses like the Red Thirst

And the curse of the Wulfen as implied in the previous/current SW codex.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

This weekend's preview stream is about to start.

Edit:
If you want Night Lords termies then the "best" game has your back.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 22, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Interdimensional Planes Drifter (Hexmark Destroyer). He's a necron, with a lot of guns!

Going to link the reveal video because it's fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyMV7DTes6Q

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1297162539445432326

Also GW unveiled an opportunity to make Elysian Drop Troops, or Harakoni Warhawks.

And Crusade is getting its first expansion book, mainly focused around the Pariah Nexus.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 22, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Took my first shot at a marine. Freehanding is hard :(

Looks pretty good to me. Only streaking I notice is on the shoulder pad. Do love the blue you did for the armor. Not to mention the base is great as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

like even just reading things like Goonhammer and 1d4chan pretty much outlines all the key ones.

Only Goonhammer now as 1d4chan kicked the bucket mid last week and returns a 503 issue now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's been a recurring background plot element for a while now, even ol Fabulous Bill is starting to pick apart them, and the Custodes, to see what makes them tick. I wouldn't exactly see it reaching any conclusion anytime soon.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/the-return-of-iron-core

Looks like Wargames Atlantic is handling the re-release of the old Dreamforge sets. I remember those being recommended a bunch for kitbashing and count as units so I thought I might as well bring this up here.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure no one has been arsed to do one, which is why it hasn't happened yet. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So is the citadel paint app dead? It hasn't been updated for the new paints or models since November.

Who the gently caress knows at this point. I'd love to see it updated but I'm not exactly holding my breath for it to happen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hold up, what?!
Where can I get one of these?

I think it was from a special edition from 5th ed or something. I remember seeing it before at least.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Good job on the Female Primaris. My own attempt that I've linked here before was just one of the Stormcast Sequitors heads. Which worked I felt.

Always wanted to buy those Aurel heads because they look really good and varied. Of course as soon as I see the shipping cost I end up thinking otherwise. :v:

My current challenge is making a female Tempestus Scion. Mostly because I've been playing one in a Wrath & Glory campaign for a while now and wanted to make a model of her. Although in that case the real difficulty isn't so much the head as the arms.
Turns out Sister heads fit just fine into the helmet socket but the arms look far too bulky.

Haven't been able to track down a pair of arms that fit the design aesthetics of Scions yet and are rather feminine looking as well. There's Anvil but none of their sister arm lacks the same style and they're all pretty limited as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Lumineth box was announced as last chance to get more or less the week before the individual boxes came up for preorder. If the pandemic hadn't struck we'd probably see the SC Sisters box by now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I feel like I'm walking into a minefield here but my two cents into it all is that I can see when it comes to female marines is that some people are going to balk hard about the fact that Marines are meant to be inhuman as a whole. They are just young teenagers given a ton of steroids and weird hypnotic training. As a result they never really reach mental maturity. That is not to say I'm against the idea but it's going to be a balance act to make it work without possibly fundamentally changing the core of the Marines identity.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

My Sister Tariana Palos order finally arrived. Way over the 120 days they promised back in like march. :v:
At least she finally arrived so that's nice. Just need to decide what Order she belongs to.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had fully expected to get my order of the Bloodlines book before getting her. In my case I was reminded of I had ordered her when someone mentioned getting her in this thread.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/04/visit-your-local-warhammer-store/

So turns out GW has changed their mind and going to make the female Catachan Sergeant available to every single Warhammer store, and on the webstore later.

quote:

And don’t worry, you won’t need to rush down to your local Warhammer store on a given day, Sergeant Jackson will be available for 9 days (including 2 weekends) – from the 12th to the 20th of September. What’s more, we’ll guarantee you one – if the store runs out of stock they’ll order one in, just for you.

Aaaand…. If you don’t live near a Warhammer store, we’ve still got you covered. Plans are afoot to get the Sergeant on games-workshop.com soon so that, no matter where you are in the world, you can snag one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cessna posted:

Rachel Harrison (Mark of Faith, Honourbound) is drat good.

Not enough, to be sure, but it's a start.

They're releasing an AoS anthology where all the stories are by female authors.

And got more female author books in the pipeline as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/07/cadia-stands-on-your-shelves/

So GW has now expanded even further into action figures. What's more interesting is the fact it's going to be funded through a kickstarter campaign that's going live at the start of next month.

Oh and we're getting another preview stream on Saturday. This time it's about 40k codexes and how they'll turn out among other things.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beerdeer posted:

GW is opening a store in my town which I’m kind of meh about. What are the current store opening models? Do they still do that?

There's at least two flavours of store special Primaris marines from what I recall and a pair of female Stormcast.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This weekends Warhammer Preview, codex edition, starts in a couple of minutes if someone forgot about it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

First up, more Necrons. Really rad Necrons.
Also a bunch of rules mentions in the live blog:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/12/the-codex-show/

Also new Flayed Ones being released as well:

As well as new destroyers:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

*banging knife and fork on dinner table*

WHERE. ARE. PARIAHS.

Not here.

But you do know what's here? MORE Marines!

Woo.

First up we now have HEAVY Intercessors. Because that's clearly what was needed.

Both are wearing Gravis armor.

And the multipart Assault Intercessors, Bladeguard Vets and Eradicators. Apparently Multi meltas are getting a damage upgrade:

Oh and the Assault Intercessor multipart kit comes with thunderhammer now. That kit is going to fly off the shelves just because of that.

Then we have the new Storm Speeder. Which is.... yeeeeaaah.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 12, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Are the heavy intercessors troops? I watched a bit of the stream but I'm "technically" at work

As mentioned on the stream they're troops.

And the next reveal is that the supplements for Blood Angels, Death Watch, Space Wolves and Death Guard have been announced and apparently will be out this year.

Not sure why they're releasing the DG codex before the CSM one though.

And they even teased a new DG unit:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They finally, FINALLY announced the Imperial Armor Compendium. So FW units finally get 9th edition rules. Which includes new rules for Kriegers.
As well as some other units, Ork Warboss on a bike makes a return in this book.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They really need to get more pro-Xenos hosts for future streams. Even I am getting tired of the constant Marine wanking going on. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The next couple of months are going to be rough for Xenos (well and Chaos players too for that part) until their respective codexes come out. Worst of all we probably won't hear much about it until Christmas or something so my friends whining about it is going to be ceaseless until then.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I could see the Hailstrike turret work on some other vehicle. Like a nice 4x4 conversion for the IG or something like that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

I'm amazed that they didn't swap at least one of the Marine books with a Xeno book. I wonder if COVID-impacted production had anything to do with it since it's easier to pop out more Marines.

Nah, it follows the regular pattern of pushing out Marine books out first because they're the most played armies and then Xenos follow in order of importance.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Chaplain Dreads mentioned?

None mentioned, only real mentions were Krigers and Ork Warboss on bike.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

If I can get this book from GW "proper" or my FLGS instead of forge world direct I'll 100% pick it up - the shipping was like 40 bucks or something and made it very not worth it

That remains to be seen but I figure it might just be a regular GW release since the rumors say that they're the ones handling the rules writing for that nowadays.

Stephenls posted:

Also, they've got Easy to Build Plague Marines and Plague Marines and Poxwalkers from Dark Imperium on display in their video, both of which are currently discontinued, although I don't know if that means anything as they kept using those Dark Vengeance CSM Chosen to illustrate CSM codexes long after those'd gone off sale.

Spotted one of the Dark Imperium Bigly Lt's in the DW video at least.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Really? I'm not seeing him.

Ah nvm, had him mixed up with the Wake the Dead one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Considering they mentioned that Carcharodons get mentioned in the Codex they might just get rules there. But obviously nothing confirmed on that front.

Bucnasti posted:

So does this mean they won't be "Legends" and will have regular updated stats?

I would assume they will considering it's a GW rulebook.

SpiritOfLenin posted:

GW made a pretty funny intro to their vid regarding more primaris space marines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRDeRDn5DjM

Even if that is just a 40k remake of an AoS video they made during the Soul Wars release. The Necron one is pretty great as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz2wqK8aXns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Instead of a red helmet, the sergeant for the squad gets the white zinc stuff on their nose and red shorts

Finally a good use for the Wulfen models.