Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I wouldn't mind a switch to power level. The current organization of points into "base model + gear" is a pain in the butt. Might as well switch over to power level and work out the kinks in 9E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm doing a Raven Guard army. First squad is complete.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Paddyo posted:

There's so much going on with the Phobos Captain that I want to like, but that freaking thigh gap... How can you get so much right with a model and let something like that skate through?

His pose doesn't bother me. His head is a little weird and I don't like the servo skull. To me he doesn't look stealthy like the rest of the set. He's got that huge reliquary hanging from his belt. Not exactly going to be very quiet. Also, is it just me or does he have a bullet charm hanging off his gun like from PUBG?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

PinheadSlim posted:

I think I remember reading that those are awarded to Marines for exceptional marksmanship. It definitely breaks both light/noise discipline. Shiny reflective metal that clanks around is usually frowned upon when the name of the game is stealth.

A gun charm? They couldn't give him like a badge for his ceremonial robe?

Anyway, I'd like to see a version of the captain with some of that stuff trimmed away, but you might be able to make a better captain by converting one of the other models.

The phobos LT is great.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Ah, crap. I just realized I based my intercessors on 40mm. Gotta redo them.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
How are Tyranids in 8th?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I painted a Raven Guard ancient. The raven decal will get cleaned up with some more decal fixer.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Forge World stock levels in the US must be chronically low. As soon as a storm cannon comes into stock, I get an email, I go to the site and it's out of stock again.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Khisanth Magus posted:

Eh, the game was dying before CID started. I'm not even really sure what the main cause was, it just quickly crashed after Mk3 came out.

Although Mk3 to a degree, and then CID very much after that, pretty much forcing you to build your army and keep track of stuff in game, everything from unit stats to damage, on a phone/tablet app instead of something more physical really murdered the feel of the game for me.

I want to know more about this. From my perspective, it took a lot of play and time and money to learn Mk2 and then they changed the rules and I just gave up.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those high elves are a great modernization of that old army.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
The RG community was expecting the change to Centurions.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
With Dragon's Rest and other sources putting out amazing 3D printed zones mortalis and blackstone terrain, is there a specific 3D printer people here recommend to get good results? Or is it better just to use a third party printing service?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Given the history of Space Wolf models, isn't this one of the better sculpts they've received?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Quick question. For my Raven Guard recipe, I've been using Army Painter dark tone over the bluish-grey airbrushed base (after applying the other base colors). This deepens the armor towards black and looks nice. Can I do this for a tank? I sort of imagine there's a higher risk of pooling - creating an uneven mess - using something like Army Painter tone on a larger model, but I'm not sure. Wanted to see if anyone has done this before I jump into it and risk ruining a Repulsor.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
These popped up. Looks like they match the tiny images.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Is the top left a new Gravis Devastator squad?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm really excited for all the new models. Particularly the fixed emplacement gun and the bikes/quad.

Although, someone pointed out the fixed gun has the ammo belts exposed outside the shield.

Nice mix of serious and unserious marine stuff in this drop.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Death, taxes, and chapter approved. Looks like it's time to pay the annual subscription fee.

I did miss out on the Indomitus box, like everyone else, but picked up the new rulebook and the points book and such.

Also the Open War cards. I've found the 8th and Sigmar version of those cards to be fun times.

Also: Time for a new thread title?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Indomitus is a limited run? I thought it _was_ the starter for 9th. I figured missing it was no big deal since they'd show up again on the web store in a week or two.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

R0ckfish posted:

I finished off a Doomsday Ark!

WHOA, That is sweet and must have taken ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

OhDearGodNo posted:

At this point, I feel GW needs to rip the band aid off and just go full Primaris.

I agree, but I also think this is where they are heading. IIRC, previous goon theories were along the lines of that happening by 10th or 11th or whatever.