Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hixson posted:

Ask your friend why my beautiful child 30k is dead

It's been ten thousand years, of course it's dead. That or copyright finally lapsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cainer posted:

Three times?! How is he still a scout?!

The Administratum/Mechanicus lost the paperwork for his promotion the first time, then they thought someone was trying to scam them when they heard a Traitor Primarch was killed by a lowly scout. The final time the paperwork was submitted just solidified their distrust because it seemed like someone got lazy with his scam, because how could you kill someone twice?

(Cloned Primarchs don't count).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

I will never forget the intense, mocking laughter followed by a curt “No” the Community team gave to the chode who suggested they reach out and partner ArchWarhammer at one of the Community recruitment days I got into.

I have seen requests for him to go on the main 40k fans podcasts and the responses have varied between "Weeell we asked him a while back and he never got back to us" to something akin to "gently caress no". His fans keep asking though because they are not very smart.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Give me that assasin any day. Just so happy to be there.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am excited for the new paints because I am a lovely painter who is too lazy and stupid to try harder, the perfect demographic to target.

Same here. I mean I am also in the cusp of just quitting the hobby and am only staying on to possibly get some Sisters of Battle, so anything to help me cut down on painting time would make me staying a more sure thing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Strobe posted:

I'm kind of hoping T'au get honest to good T'au psykers, but that they're Farsight Enclaves only because ~Ethereals~.

Then mauve that Sept would be worth using for anything besides slightly more effective Crisis Suits.

Psionic Beacon Drones. Plop them down as artillery during the psychic phase then have them randomly take over enemy units.

Red Alert was cool, ok?

(The actual best solution would be more xenos client races because I want the T'au to be as diverse as the lore suggests. And for Kroot not to suck. )

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

In regards to Renegades and such... I would really dig non-Chaos Renegades, both marines and others. Just people in general, fed up with the Imperium and doing their own thing, or fighting them like the Soul Drinkers did.

A proper T'au auxilliary army would make me jump back into the hobby.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

It's me, another WHFB fan digging myself out of my grave. 8th edition sucked for a variety of reasons and was completely and insanely mismanaged by GW. There was a 9 month gap between the launch of the edition and its first army book, Orcs and Goblins. However, I will absolutely maintain that there was still plenty of life in the setting. All the game needed was a good shake-up alongside a well done 9th edition. There was even the perfect tie-in opportunity with Total War coming out. When End Times started up, I figured that was going to be the shake-up we needed and was legit excited about Nagash returning as the new big bad (I was ready for anything other than chaos for once) and what combined monster/rider statlines meant for 9th. Even after Glottkin I was still excited. But then they kept going.
:smith:

In all honesty, I think retconning the Storm of Chaos campaign was a huge mistake on GW's part. I know their writers were really mad about the results, but they could have taken the finale and done some really interesting stuff with the setting. A damaged yet triumphant Empire having to rebuild post-invasion while the ruling class covers up Valten's death/disappearance, Grimgor dominant and the orcs a major threat, Archaon disgraced and no longer the Ever-Chosen (or just loving stabbed in the back on the way home), chaos in recovery mode, but still dangerous, etc. Then throw Nagash into the mix later when things get boring again.

That makes zero goddamn sense.

I mean, yeah, the Primaris procedure was supposed to be all dangerous and taxing for old marines.

On the other hand we have marines that get their spines sliced in half and still survive so I don't think GW cares about what kinda things happen to marine bodies unless they think they might be cooler as dreads.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean in the old rules shielddrones were considered more or less useless except in edge cases. In fact a lot of Tau stuff was except for spamming very specific suits.

I wish having a diverse army made up of many different alien auxilliaries was viable, with a more fluid playstyle, but the model range and rules aren't there.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Finally, a model for Australians.

Edit: Oh, there are some lore bits that were missed or not mentioned in that big writeup.

The Inquisition have been doing something! That something is murdering Roboute's historians and agents for the unspeakable crime of trying to make sense of Imperial history and actually figure out what even happened during various centuries. In fact it is very probable (I speculate) that they would murder the big blue himself, if they didn't think that would turn the entire Imperium against them. Or that he would be ressurrected again and murder them right back.

The Blood Ravens got stuck behind the maelstrom, fighting to keep order. Then the custodes showed up, told them to accept some new Primaris buddies or gently caress off. Which the Ravens accepted because they aren't morons, also because they might have clues as to the chapter's genetic heritage. The fact that their new battle brothers brought new wargear that the chapter didn't even have to steal was left unmentioned, but I presume it was implied. Angelos was mentioned, but it wasn't specified where he was or his status, as I recall.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 26, 2020

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

goose willis posted:

Gue'vesa are still a thing in the fluff right? I remember they had rules for like five seconds around 4th edition and then promptly faded out of existence, I wish they became formalized because I'd LOVE to run them

What I really want out of T'au are two things: Auxiliaries and strange new tech that has nothing to do with suits. Give us Gue'vesa with proper vehicles or equipment we haven't seen, give us all those weird races like the Demiurg, flying Nicassar psykers, Hrenians and Ranghon (whatever they are).

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

T'au being good is good for 40k's satire because they can survive or even thrive without committing horrible atrocities

Yeah, which a lot of people didn't realize and wanted to make them more grimdark in the most hamfisted ways possible. Like old GW heard feedback from non-T'au players that were getting their butts handed to them in one edition by Fish-of-Fury tactics and the like, about the T'au being too hopeful and cheery and good.

So their measured response was having the T'au show up and start genociding a planetary populace via conventional arms, making hammy villain speeches in various books to Imperial protagonists, and implying the T'au were deliberately killing off their own allied races for their planets.

When it was already grimdark enough that their whole race was living under constant mind control and that no-one really knew what the Ethereals wanted, plus the whole naivety thing meant they might at some future point unleash all hell on the galaxy without even realizing why. It was throwing a subtle and effective grimdark out for a blatant and boring one to please people who didn't play them anyway.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

goose willis posted:

Does the fluff still have indirect hints about Eldar having created the ethereal caste and/or guiding the Tau in some way or did they retcon it out?

It's....kinda hard to tell. There hasn't been much focus on the T'au aside from their book and a few references in comics, of all things. The whole Rift thing means most of the story focus has been on the Imperium and Chaos.

As I recall, even some Necrons like the Silent King were speculated to have been involved in the T'au creation, but then there's a recent story excerpt that hints about him having created the Tyranids for some reason too. Despite him also supposedly having allied with the Blood Angels to fight the Tyranids.

What I can say in regards to the Eldar is that I haven't seen any mention of it being retconned or mentioned recently.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

The first Saga of the Beast story has been put onto the community site.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/10/psychic-awakening-call-of-the-waaagh/

So the orks are gonna invade the Eye of Terror and accidentally end up finding/fighting Leman Russ?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

I think they should have waited until October to release Ghaz.

Orktober is when he evolves to his Titan-size, when this event inevitably ends in another draw.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mccnaol posted:

I'm excited about Gretchin getting their own Klan culture as I've started an army of them for fun and now hopefully they can be legal in matched play 😁 and yes I know I will never actually win a game 😂

I played gretchin in Gorkamorka a while back and it was hilarious. I actually did fairly well with them, if only because most people had no idea how to play against them and their weird scrapheaps.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcM50lIu2WI According to a guy with a well-connected source, the price for the box is going to be 105 pounds, or about 128 bucks at current currency conversion ratings, not counting third party discounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TKIY posted:

So... Squats eh?

Hooray, me mentioning them during that big poll for suggestions did something! Maybe.