Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Wow, the old Archaon model (horseback) is now 1) quite hard to come by and 2) quite pricey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wrong thead I think.

Yes and no, I was aiming to make him a 40k Chaos lord on horseback.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

What do you guys do to stay focused and finish people? I find that as of late I put a series on Netflix on in the background that I enjoy and have likely seen half a dozen times (Peep show, Inbetweeners) as background noise and set a session goal (Paint all the leather on X dudes, highlight all the X and Y panels, etc).

Problem I still get poo poo done at a snails pace. I genuinely enjoy painting, but when I'm doing it I can't do it for ages because it's like I get mentally fatigued.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Get an airbrush, some meth, and some good music. Models fly by.

Add in oil washes and its magic!

OH right yeah thats.....wait.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Thanks goes to Zuul for the inspiration!

It felt good to paint a mini!

Nice Howling Gibbon.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Flea Bargain posted:

Melbourne, Australia. Thanks for your help! I'll take better pictures tomorrow and see if I can move it for 200

I'm an Aussie goon who deals a lot with buying/selling hobby product.Hit me up in PM if you want.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

goose willis posted:

I really need to see what the Chaos answer to Primaris is going to be

My gut feeling is 2-wound Chosen

'Good' chosen would be a welcome change. They have been underwhelming for a while.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I got an opinion for you--- I enjoy reading this thread even if people disagree, and if I met any of you in real life, I would buy you a beer. Whatever the cheapest beer is, since I spend too much money on this game.

What he said.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Food for thought. Doesn't overly bother me.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Floppychop posted:

It seems all miniatures companies have issues with scale creep.

Also isn't House Escher supposed to be basically the underhive equivalent of Amazons?

Yeah basically. They are warrior women. Like, I have a bunch of metal Eschers - and I love them - only a minor bummer that side by side they will look a little odd. But in a game, Spread out on terrain it'll be alright.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

Gotta take into account stances as well, those cultists would be a lot taller if they were standing straight.

See also: Deathwatch marines striding forwards rather than Power Squatting™.

Also Eschers have heeled boots, I'm fairly sure.

The only true bummer is that nu-eschers are definitely bigger than escher-retros.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Corrode posted:

I'm excited for the new Necromunda plastics at least in part because I was gonna use Necromunda gangers as conscripte to offset my uniform gas mask regular guys and that's a whole lot easier now.

Yeah I love to idea of conscript female guard, with a Greyfax commissar conversion leading then maybe? Should be pretty great. Hope the kits have a little bit of variety.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Shockeh posted:

My favourite thing about the new Eschers is they're burly, like they loving should be. Bravo to GW for the original Eschers (apparently the only company to manage it on their female minis) not sexualising the poo poo out of them, and bravo for these ones too.

I like women that can kick my rear end.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Physically consume your opponents models when their back is turned.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Amazing

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Crosspost, RE my local game stores CHAPTER CHALLENGE, and the entries we have so far:

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The 'Sons of Stygia' were a veto-d name, he reserved the right to choose his own name. *shrug*

The rest, in order:
  • War Brothers
  • Regal Consuls
  • Iron Hawks
  • Doom Templars (I love this one)
  • Sapphire Angels

Where's my entry? I'm a dickhead that didn't leave it in the display case.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Irate Tree posted:

Here's some of my stuff;

Kabalites. Maybe, someday, i'll have a squad of ten done...

Archon

And of course, the best part of the Archon.

So tight, so firm.

Edit: Also, a project I've been toying around with.

Love that stark pink.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Edit: Goliath in that pic is VERY :getin:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Speckled Jim posted:

Big yellow man

Stupid sexy airbrushing. Stop making me want to get one.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

SRM posted:

Yeah, getting to play Necromunda (albeit a pared down bite size demo) was a good time. As a classic Necromunda player, I'm pleased. The preview event before it was alright, but letting nerds do a Q&A was and always is a mistake.

How 8th-edition'ised is it? I want it super easy to get into and play so I can fool convince friends into playing it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Big McHuge posted:

Space Wolves Time: I was able to identify about half the pieces in this army using the GW site, however if anyone can help out with some of the pics below, it'd be much appreciated.

Overview:

Close-ups:
Bikers

Dreads

Some sort of HQ models

Special Ops I think

Normal Terminators, or some elite squad?

Special hero dude? (mini is metal)

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

Squad 4

Once again I appreciate all the help with evaluating/pricing out this stuff. I have to admit going through this process has kind of made me nostalgic for my old 40k stuff.

Man, these are fantastic. Honestly its 99% just new age plastics, not quite as incredible to behold/valued as the Mordians, but it's painted well.

Edit: I was wrong, some of the older 2nd ed metals are in there. Niiice.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 6, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Big McHuge posted:

Space Wolves Time: I was able to identify about half the pieces in this army using the GW site, however if anyone can help out with some of the pics below, it'd be much appreciated.

Once again I appreciate all the help with evaluating/pricing out this stuff. I have to admit going through this process has kind of made me nostalgic for my old 40k stuff.

For the record, this is one of my favourite Space Wolf minis of all time, and I am sad that mine got destroyed.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

It would just be a human-centipede of servitors with guns bolted to their spines.

:thunk:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

WAYNES
WORLD

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

I can understand why, since Tau as Tau are one of the best selling factions and their players would probably want Tau releases rather than Kroot or Vespid releases.

Give me more Kroot plastics or give me death. I want a dedicated army of Gnashy parrot people.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

I share this dream, but forgeworld dropping some of their models because of poor sales doesn't make me hopeful.

I still stand firmly that the issue wasn't the desire, but the resin Knarlocks.

Also price.

Edit: It mostly annoys me because the Kroot lore of 'They adapt traits of the things they eat' sounds like such a fantastic gimmick to create Beefy Marine-esque Kroot, Lithe+graceful eldar kroot, hulking idiot ork-kroot (I actually converted 3 of these, I am going to dig them out for the sake of showing them here).

I really want more bestial/interesting races in 40k :(

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 8, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

I mean, isn't that kind of the Tyranid gimmick? I wish they'd explore that angle with Genestealers more, too. Even if they don't want giant mixed xeno groups of 'stealers floating around, at least abhuman variants like Ogryn-stealers and Ratling-stealers could be cool.

Similar, but Tyranids are more refined in how it works. Tyranids consume biomass, the great big gooey centre of the Tyranid hivemind basically catalogues DNA and poo poo, and selects the good stuff to make more creatures to fight.

Kroot basically eat something and subsequent generations of Kroot take on the characteristics of what they eat, including the bad parts. They then run the risk of hitting an evolutionary dead end.

Such as Kroot-hounds, a sect of Kroot where lead by their shaper to eat doggos and they accidentally ended up full doggo. But hey, now the Kroot have vicious tracker hounds.

Similar, but subtly different.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

LordAba posted:

^^^ Pray for the people who converted up the winged kroot as well.

I am one of these people

Using these wings:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

goose willis posted:

Do Kroot ever go Chaos?

Kroot shapers forbid the consumption of anything tainted by Chaos.

SteelMentor posted:

Nothing canonically, they seem to have a instinctive repulsion towards Chaos, they can tell something's Chaos-tainted before they accidentally chow down on it.

But then again they're also mercs, wouldn't put it past them to work for some Chaos baddies and whoops there's tentacles coming out my nipples now.

However if there is no Shapers around....

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

'Mom, Grandad got into the cooking sherry.'

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 11, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Post pics of cool Dark Eldar. I am trying to resist buying some and I'd rather blame goons for why I am financially ruined.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Yeaaah that's the stuff

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Corrode posted:

Is it just me that really dislikes video battle reports? I hugely prefer words + pictures and I wish more people still did them.

They can be done well, but 99% of people have no idea how to do it. The best ones are like football play analysis, with commentary over that happened in the turn, with some key focus on dice rolls and player reactions.

But, they barely exist, most people are happy to film the grueling amount of pedantry that doesnt make the hobby fun (individually measuring and moving 30 genestealers for 10+ minutes :shepicide: )

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Also the space marine captain box is super affordable and has a combi plasma + melta in it, and you'd be surprised how many SM playing friends have them spare.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

But did you bone his mum

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Goddamn these models are fantastic.

I am roughly 3000% excited for these plastics.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I recently bought a house, and the highlight of this new home is that I actually have room to slam hams now. So I am now making wargaming terrain to play with.

So, I bought these amazing circular moss/grass 'mats' from a business closing down for dirt cheap, with the intention of using them for wargaming in some way. I forgot to take actual photos of them prior to this post, but here are some photos of me using them as Sylvaneth Wildwoods in an AOS game:

Only now I am loving stumped as to HOW to use them. The other page you guys were talking cool terrain ideas and poo poo, does anyone have some cool ideas I can unashamedly steal to use these? They are flexible, flocked with bright green static grass stuff and seem to be made out of a soft circle of ...fuzz?

What the gently caress do I do with them?!?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

I use magnetic transport option and love it, but loving mortarion with his wings is too tall for the one I use. Been trying to figure out a way to get the wings magnetized, but its a nightmare because of how abnormal the joint GW designed for it. After a lot of trial and error, I think I got something that might work, waiting on the magnets I glued inside the body to dry before I test it, but hoping this works.

Magnetic helmet, stick morty on top.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I want to talk about recasts. Where do I do that? I'm not even in the market to buy some, just want to talk to people who do it and find out if it made the hobby better for them. Is there a thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Not even in the surface level 'i know a guy who bought all recasts and they are lighter and smell like burning dogshit' commentary? Shame, I'm mostly wondering if it's really that prolific. I know a guy with a lot of resin, and I don't trust his collection at all. He is quick to assemble and basecoat stuff, and I suspect it's shonky.

How could I tell without checking his PayPal transactions?