Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Artum posted:

Really I just hope theres substance to those rumours of a lieutenant kit that works like the current commander kit for making characters, After how much use I've gotten out of the sword lieutenant from dark imperium i'd love to get a power fist one.

That would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

The Bee posted:

Yes. It flat-out says (i.e. moving vertically is free for these models.)

Still won't work.

Page 182 clearly states that you can only target units within 12". If you are 9" away horizontally and vertically, then you are 12.7" inches away base-to-base and therefore out of charge range.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

JoshTheStampede posted:

Also means you can't give Pedro the superfist

God dammit.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

The Bee posted:

I said at the very least 9.0000001" away diagonally. It could be 9 vertical, 0 horizontal. Or it could be 6 and 6. I don't expect you to be able to dive off of giant 2-foot tall encampments, but being able to lower minimum charge distance from a 9 on the dice to something more manageable is always nice.

As for charges being considered in moves, the term constantly used is "charge move." I imagine it's a subset of moving, then, especially since it doesn't mention grapnels only being usable in the movement phase.

Interestingly enough, Pile-Ins and Consolidations are also considered moving. And those don't even have a qualifying term like charge move. The idea of being able to zoom up a cliff and drag someone into melee is just as amusing as the Randy Savage Reivers in my books.

You also have to be within 6" of a board edge when you deep-strike w/ grappels, if you're going for a turn 1 charge, so that seems pretty niche.

I do like the idea of finishing off a unit in melee and then batman grappeling to the roof of a nearby building and swarming on the shooters trying to control the high ground there.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Expensive though it may be, the Primaris Captain kit is really cool. Just now getting around to assembling it and I love the details. The greaves are a separate piece so you have really defined armor plates everywhere and the vambraces are a nice touch. I wish it were more customizable but at least it uses separate shoulder pads so I was able to switch those out with sculpted chapter pad and a pad and head from the sternguard kit.

I also really like that the cloak is detached (like for the gravis captain) so that you can prime and paint it separately.

Really looking forward to painting this up.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Wow. Then they really hosed up with the librarian. Looks great but the cloak conceals a lot of detail and some of the armor is extremely hard to get to deep in its shadows.
Also would have it killed them to model an altenate weapon on the sprue?

Hem, that's a bummer. I haven't looked at my librarian sprues yet really but that kind of disparity seems odd.

On the captain even the tabard is a separate piece which is great if you want to paint it separately as well.

Admittedly the librarians cloak is much closer to the armor and less isolated so it seems like it would be way harder to do something similar.

Some of the mold lines on the captain are loving genius, too. They flow into totally hidden areas in many cases. I also like that one of the major waist joins gets covered by the pistol holster. I'm really impressed with the spruce design.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Too bad the repulsor isn't in this wave, I want me a transport for my biglies dammit.

But yeah, one of everything please.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

SteelMentor posted:

According to the PDFs on the Pre-Order pages, Deathwatch can take all those new goodies.

I was gonna do some Bigly Celestial Lions, but Reivers are gonna look sick in Deathwatch colours.

Anyone who's got the snapfits reckon their right shoulders will be able to fit one of those 3Dprinted insignias on them?

Agreed, surprised we haven't cooked one up already.

My Imperial Fist insignias fit fine on the Reiver right shoulder, but it does take up most of the pad. The right shoulders are maybe 10% bigger than normal scout shoulders.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

dexefiend posted:

If Aggressors are stationary, do they each get 4d6 hits during Overwatch?

Yes, the rule specifically says "including Overwatch".

dexefiend posted:

Ill be getting 2 of everything. I am glad the tank wont be out on this credit card billing cycle.

2 of each, drat! I feel like 20 Reivers is a bit much. I'm still trying to get a full 2K together and as noted, Primaris are not super anti-vehicle yet so I'll probably run a squad of Aggressors and a squad of Centurions with meltas.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Strobe posted:

So Intercessors can take Stalker Bolt Rifles (whole squad or just one per five?), but can they take Auto Bolt Rifles? Box mags > scopes.

The miniature showcase seemed to indicate intercessors can take auto rifles:

"Ultramarine intercessors carry a variety of bolt rifles, including auto bolt rifles."

My guess is they'll do the same thing as they did with the Primaris Captain and have the bolter be modular with a gap in the middle you can slot in a normal mag, scope (for stalker) or box mag (for auto bolt rifle). It's a cool design imo.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

richyp posted:

That's because I'm old. (What's the new way?)

Probably just a glaze or maybe using the new gemstone technical paints.

I do the gradient build-up and white dot reflection like you do and I much prefer that look.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Prior to release there was a lot of speculation in this thread regarding how quickly "new" GW would address imbalances and stuff that came up once the rules were in the wild and real people were playing. I think that squashing flyer spam so quickly is very encouraging.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
One change I would have liked is having characters be targetable as long as they're the closest NON-FLYER unit. So you can't try to be clever and bubble wrap your lone character in your flyer spam list. I mean, even if there are enemy jets screaming by overhead, I can still pick out the lone enemy idiot on the battlefield at ground level.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
http://imgur.com/gallery/0HJDg

Some more pages I hadn't seen before. I really like the CF warlord trait, feels very fluffy and will make sending Kantor charging into a horde of orks or tyrannids extra fun.

The Ultras warlord trait seems kind of nuts though, as long as he's alive you have a 30% of being refunded stratagem CP expenditures.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

Although now I'm somewhat miffed as theres literally no option for him to get 2+ melee damage since the burning blade is just 1.

I hope you're right about there being a customizable hq lt on the horizon. I want some god drat weapon options.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Boon posted:

Wait, so they're officially doing codexes again? I thought they were not in 8th....

You thought wrong friend. That's what you get for listening to the lying FAKE NEWS media.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Pendent posted:

BOLS claims the Repulsor is going to sell for $80 which is honesly better than I was expected. I figured it would be Land raider + one or more extra sprues, essentially.

This is definitely the case, my store takes pre-orders (but not money) early, and it's 80 bucks. 35 for the characters again.

Curious whether there will be an unhelmeted/unhooded chaplain.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Given that you can see the trigger guard, I've seen speculation that this is an inquisitors pistol (which would align better with grey knights being the next codex).

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

flamingweedle posted:

What's up with Crimson Fists markings? Who gets the red hands? I heard only vets. I'm doing my DI primarus up as them as a sample army for demos.

Everyone, except scouts, get a left red hand. Veterans have both hands red. So a Sergeant would be left red hand, Vet Sergeant who has served in 1st (Crusading) company gets both.

Also, finally finished my first squad of intercessors:

Full album here.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

adamantium|wang posted:

Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines books both up for pre-order on the 5th, release on the 12th.

E: Also HQ Grand Masters piloting Dreadknights are a thing.

Multi-part hellblasters and intercessors also on the same schedule.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Made a Pasanius Lysane to go with my Ventris:

That bionic arm was a bitch.

I commented on your reddit post but this is awesome. Great kitbashing and the colors all look great.

Where did the bionic arm come from?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Each of the kits comes with 24 heads apparently, half helmeted and half bare.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Artum posted:

If new ork kits ever come out the boss poles are gonna be well stocked.

Despite not playing Orks this was my first thought as well, oddly enough.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
White Dwarf also advertises a new Ultramarines Primaris upgrade sprue. Similar to the old one with some cool bits but mostly this gives me hopes of similar upgrade sprues for other first founding/popular chapters.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
I really want that anniversary captain, of course I live 127 miles from the closest GW store.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Pierzak posted:

The shoulderpad color scheme looks Nazi as gently caress, especially with black armor, is it intentional?

Agreed.

I mean, most space marines are pretty literal space nazis. But that is the official close support color scheme for Black Templars. That's not actually an iron cross.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

goose willis posted:

Yeah it's called the entire Ultramarines range

We get it, you hate space marines.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
God drat, Night Lord rules seem awesome. I love how troll-y their strategem is since you don't use it until after target declaration.

I wonder how effective the morale debuff stacking is on something like orks.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Corrode posted:

Yep. To really take advantage of it you're going to have to multi-charge into a pile of stuff at once.

Which is pretty self balancing. To take advantage of all the fight phases you'll need to take a lot of overwatch fire, which seems fair.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

More importantly, a primaris ultramarines upgrade sprue. :colbert:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Speckled Jim posted:

As a bit of a trial run, before i paint a redemptor, i did a robo man. Beep Boop!

Really nice highlighting on the black.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I found that the IG grenade launcher works really well as an auxiliary launcher for Primaris Marines. Since it's free and Sergeants can get power swords my planned go-to Intercessor squad will be 104 points with the Sergeant carrying both the sword and launcher.

They cost 1 pt as of the errata.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

parabolic posted:

Thanks for the run down. I might have to bow to practicality and go digital.

I get both but the digital is definitely more useful. Plus, the points get linked right in the datasheet so no thumbing to the back of the book.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Pendent posted:

You're referring to the fancy ibook version I assume. We Android plebeians are stuck with plain epubs that don't do any of that stuff.

Yes, I am specifically referring to the iBook enhanced editions in an iPad. Everything is hyperlinked, it's super easy to go from one end to the other and the screen is big enough to handle a full page without any zoom.

If the alternative to physical was just plain ebook I'd say gently caress it and stick with the real thing. I still buy the real books because they're so cool but you can't beat the convenience of the enhanced versions.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Those baby dreads are :kimchi: as gently caress.

Where can I get these lil mans?

They're made entirely from marine shoulder pads, it's crazy.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Sykic posted:

Let's say I want some assault cannon tarantula turrets because I'm literal human garbage, what are some good options that don't cost me £20 a piece from FW? Preferably kitbashes and conversions, if possible.

https://bitsofwar.com/home/475-legionary-sentry-gun-twin-minigun.html

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
Just ordered some KR foam trays and card case, thanks thread for discussing this stuff earlier and stopping me from throwing money at the shitheads at battlefoam.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Floppychop posted:

Good choice. People knock the card cases but they work just fine. Especially if you put them in one of the bags.

I have a bag that holds 2 of the card cases and 4 total card cases. I just swap out the cases depending on what I need for the day.

Yeah, I'll probably pick up one of the bags at some point. For now, the cases are just to sit in the car for the 7 minute drive to the store for games.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

TWSS posted:

Well my play group has stated that my Eldar are welcome only as Craftworld because Ynnari are "OP BULLSHIT!"

That's pretty loving lame.

I really like colorful armies so much of the appeal of Ynnari is having the huge diversity of units and colors.

Also, based on tourney results, Ynnari don't seem to be OP BULLSHIT?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

Battlescribe is terrible right now though

What's wrong with it? It's trivial to submit bug reports or even pull requests for incorrect points costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
I've been building mixed detachments (aeldari) and you can add sub detachments as part of the parent to mix factions that way and fulfill the force org reqs. I believe that was a feature introduced in the last month.