Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I believe, since it's classed as a ballistic weapon, it follows the normal rules for the model equipped with it. If it can fire multiple weapons, it can fired multiple rockets since each one is a different weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yeast posted:

exactly. It's 3 pages of 'no you loving pedant, of course you can't'

Clarifies some important situations too, like never supercharge plasma on a guy with a 2+ to hit if you have a negative to hit modifier.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

goose willis posted:

So are primaris marines capable of going renegade or are they TOTALLY PURE FOREVER

Official word is 'wait and see' in the new book Cael is experimenting with making Primaris from the gene seed from the traitor legions that was stored on Terra.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

SRM has posted some nice BT's in the old thread if you click on his posts.

Here's a link to his contributions in the painting thread. Some sexy 30k Ultras too.

From a fluff perspective, I feel like the Templars (as well as possibly the Imperial Fists) might not be so big on Primaris marines. There's the whole Gulliman vs. Dorn rivalry, plus the Templars being so close with the Ecclisarchy are bound to be against any of Cawl's innovations.

Nevertheless, go for it (the above is just my opinion)!

I think the fists would be fine with them. They are pragmatists to a fault. Dorn actually thought up a plan for the successor chapters to disband and reform the Fists if they ever suffered debilitating casualties.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus that Decimator says <Legion> which you can make into any legion you want.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It kind of feels too Ed-209 for me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not even any leaks of what's going up for Orr-order tomorrow. I hope there's at least a bigly librarian soon, I got two extra LTs from eBay and I'm tempted to pick up a space marine heroes box to kit bash them into a librarian and chaplain.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Had an interesting chat with GW customer service. Put an order in for some 8th release stuff and since I rarely order from their website I threw in some online only stuff, Legion of the Damned and Seth Gabriel. I get the order yesterday with no Seth, I call them up and they say he was out of stock but they wanted to send the rest out and follow up with Seth when he's back in. All well and good but there was no communication about it, Seth was on the dispatch invoice with no mention that he shouldn't have been in the box and then this morning I get notification of a brand new order of just Seth.

I've got tons of good encounters with GW but this just seems kind of shady, like they're not even allowed to admit fault anymore.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
My LGS had another kitbash/painting contest today. $10 entry for one of the snap-fit bigly marines, planning to do Blood Raven's with the the Dark Imperium Primaris so I thought I'd use it as a test model.

Pretty happy with how he turned out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Make sure you say GreenStuff too. That was a technicality that allowed an entirely hand sculpted Tzeentch army compete in the 2001 or 2 Golden Daemon. Even got a two page splash in White Dwarf.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Ok, this must just be an omission from the ebook then. Pg. 223 in my iBooks version is in the Space Wolf section, and none of the areas with Nemesis Falchions have any mention of the additional attack. Thanks, I thought I was going crazy.

Yeah, it's missing from the iBooks version with the smart links too. Just blank where the abilities are.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Here's the question: is he a Primaris or a tinybro?

Tiny bro, he's been around for a while. He's also a Death Company chaplain so that's why his skull game is weak. Once you give in to berserker rage and festoon yourself with skulls it's a slippery step and Astaroth starts giving you the side eye.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is it just my bias for them or do centurions actually look better alongside Primaris models than they did alongside regular marines? With the modularity of MK X they could simply be a heavy weapons variant.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So is the emperor but that's not stopping him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If one of your hellblasters blanks himself with a roll of one within 6" of an Ancient, do you get to roll the die to give him another chance to shoot before removing him?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Are you guys under the impression that in real militaries people get to choose what weapons they are assigned prior to going into a battle or something?

Of course not, there's a draft system, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Bee posted:

I just half find it silly that their new and improved super-elite troops aren't trusted with even a shred of tactical flexibility in-setting, and half really like the mental image of a Primaris cowering from a pissed-off Chaplain with a newspaper after failing to sneak some extra bolt shells out of the armory.

As long as there's a Sgt. Bilko the Primaris can sneak over to to get black market goods from. All the while the Chaplain is constantly trying to find why the motor pool is constantly requisitioning new turrets for the companies razorbacks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, they have to be retail - they're supposed to be cheaper than the Dark Imperium box, so $40 and $80 would make sense.

Yeah 20 and 50 pounds are the price points for the AoS mini starters and they convert to $40 and $80 American.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They're not just terror marines but terror marines with weaponized voices. It's like they're just mashing the traitor legions together.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zuul the Cat posted:

That would be an awesome Ultramarines army. Yeah, the arguments against Cawl are dumb too. People being infuriated over him "out-inventing the Emperor". He didn't. It says in the fluff he just tinkered with existing technology and marginally improved poo poo. Not by much either, I think in the BRB it mentions the new weapons are 5-10% more effective.

Yeah, he's really just futzing around with the tech Corax and The Emperor created, just without the Alpha Legion tampering.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Felime posted:

I mean, it covers the basic weapon options well without cluttering up the rules. Seraphim can use pistols akimbo. Marines can have a bolter and pistol can't fire both, and models with a bunch of weapons like vehicles or crisis suits can fire them all without an exception

Vanguard Vets too, wanna try running a squad where each one has a plasma pistol and a grab pistol.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So the Legion of the Damned won't be in the SM codex this time. Seems weird since they get a call out that they have been much more active lately in the rulebook.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes??

Its a huge tonal shift.

Does this mean the other demon primarchs had their good selves splintered and implanted into some other marine too? Or is Magnus special? Can we stick his good part back into him and make him whole again? Its just goofy as hell.

Grey Knights chapter master fuses with Magnus and they form GoMagnus!

Warp Magic has rules. Tearing people's emotions out of their souls and planting that in somebody else was never an established 40k thing, and its super wishywashy.

It's just Magnus, it's a side effect of the psychic trauma he inflicted on himself breaking through the Emperor's warp wall on Terra. And yeah it is silly, if his sense of duty and nobility were left on Terra why was he willing to submit himself to Russ on Prospero?

I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned to not be an actual shard of his soul but a warp echo of his personality.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 6, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Honestly all of those empty spaces are surprising.

It just needs to be one of those charts where the names on the y axis are the exact same as the x axis and there's tanks for every combination.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Safety Factor posted:

I like how the Dark Angels bigly librarians get the Deathwing keyword and the Unforgiven ability, but don't actually get access to their unique psychic lore. Blood Angels don't either.

Even better? It says you can add the bigly librarian, captain and reivers to the list of units Deathwatch can take. Despite DW not getting access to any other Primaris.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

This is probably not the only box they will come in.

Eww, the Primaris have some disturbing terror tactics.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KM Scorchio posted:

Half considering getting back into just painting some stuff after many years away from the GE money pit. Anyone recommend a good starting set of paints? There seems to be a huge range these days and I'm getting a bit lost with new colour names (where is my Bestial Brown and Tentacle Pink drat it).

GW switched their paint production company, the company that made the old Citadel paints now works with Privateer. Here's a Citadel to Privateer rundown https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/447223.page

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Orks don't need a new fungus strain, they were already the subject of a multi-year book series about how the Ullanor orks were twice as big as regular boyz and how they have a genetic need to conquer Armgeddon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Surprise T Rex posted:

Same from a Tau player! There's a Nid power that lets them pick one of my units to shoot at another one of my units, and I'm dreading that.

If it's the one in thinking of it was reworded in 8th to target only a single model, not unit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently Tom Kirby is stepping down as of mid-September. I can't remember is he the Otiose in a Niche guy or was that Roundtree?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Artum posted:

His entire head is just loving enormous.

All I can see is Milton Berle when I look at it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Corrode posted:

That thing is only on a 40mm, at best it's no taller than a regular Dread. It'd make a cracking Grotesque though.

Yeah that guy stands about 1 and 1/2 small marines tall.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/plague/product/aberration.html

This guy has the mass and is close to the height, he should work if you put a little base scenery below him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Oh my god, the angle of the middle one makes his face look like he's doing Rodney Dangerfield's yell the punchline out the side of his mouth and giving you a thumbs up with his left hand.

"Hey everybody! We're all gonna get purged!"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RagnarokAngel posted:

FFG gave up the 40k license so while they may still own the name (I genuinely don't know if they do or not) there'd be no reason they couldn't make their own version with the same themes.

This sounds like it's going for a more...diverse set of options, it mentions playing as Xenos which is interesting:
http://www.ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-faq/

They wouldn't own the name, Dark Heresy was Black Library before it was licensed to FFG.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I kind of feel like expanding my GSC with a large tyranid beast. I like the idea of some large terrible beast the cult has cultivating over the years. Is there one that functions okay as a one off? Was thinking maybe the harpy crone box to cover the GSC lack of fliers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jadarx posted:

For Chaos, I'm not. This game my havocs couldn't hit or put more than 1 wound on a flyer. The frustration was more due to the Konor mission for this week.

Orks are more my concern, due to the need for 6+. I'll look into Stormboyz or DeffKopta.

Or Skorcha buggies. The -1 to hit isn't a concern if you're not rolling to hit in the first place.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I use Feldher since I initially bought it for Xwang since you can buy it off Amazon and liked it enough to get some pluck foam to use for my 40k models.

Are the absolver pistols hand agnostic or are both the chaplain and apothecary right hand only?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Frobbe posted:

Here’s a breakdown of the number and type of the 340 (!) skulls in the box:

- 82 human skulls with jawbones;
- 86 human skulls without jawbones;
- 15 human jawbones;
- 60 assorted damaged human skulls;
- 2 giants’ skulls;
- 1 Morghast skull (in 2 components);
- 1 beast skull (in 2 components);
- 4 small horned skulls;
- 4 medium horned skulls;
- 3 large horned skulls;
- 7 bird skulls;
- 2 Chaos beast skulls;
- 6 plaguebearer skulls;
- 6 Bloodletter skulls;
- 10 T'au skulls;
- 5 Kroot skulls;
- 6 alien skulls;
- 21 Genestealer Hybrid skulls;
- 20 Ork skulls without jaws;
- 5 Ork jawbones;
- 7 Ork skulls with jaws open;
- 7 Ork skulls with jaws.

Skulls!

I think that's enough skulls to satisfy Danzig.

I don't know if it's part of the rules but my local store has always played Bloodbowl as cheating is okay but if you get caught your turn ends immediately.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone tried using the Snow technical paint? I've liked their other ones and just wondering if it actually has a snowy effect to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I didn't see it mentioned but they also put out a teaser for the new painting app last night.

https://youtu.be/dJCpm2WvTWE

Actually looks like it has a few really nice features.