Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Along the same line, I found a local store still has Shadowspear and the Apocolypse Chaos box. Has that for a quick army build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stephenls posted:

It depends on whether you want to field 40 chaos space marines or not.

I was thinking Orks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Thanqol posted:

This was one of the dumbest plot twists in literary history.

Wasn't him getting hurt and being chirped by the lodges a long standing part of the lore? I know it was there in 3rd when I started.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hellburger99 posted:

Dumb lore question:

Are there any examples of members of a chapter's unit getting wiped out and then joining in with a successor chapter? I'm thinking of making a squad of intercessors for my Salamanders with white arms and Storm Giants iconography, with the lore being their unit of Storm Giants was all but destroyed and they were rescued by a passing Salamander patrol and keep their arms the old colors as a memento.

I know they're my space toys and I can do whatever I want with them, but I kind of like keeping things in mostly established lore without getting too fan-fiction-y. I know Deathwatch does the thing where members can keep the silver shoulder pad

when (if) they return to their original chapter, wasn't sure if there was anything about chapters taking in "orphaned" marines or how that would work.

There's lore for the opposite happening, the original Imperial Fists were wiped out to a man so their successor chapters banded together and reformed it, so I can imagine it working the other way around.

Add in a bit about sacred oaths being made that the new chapter will return equipment and geneseed to the original chapter upon their death and you should be good.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 20, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So is the citadel paint app dead? It hasn't been updated for the new paints or models since November.