Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

Dumb question, but I can fire all the weapons on a tyrannocyte, even the ones that aren’t facing the target, right? As long as it’s in range that is.

Weapon facing doesn't exist anymore. You can also measure weapon ranges from any point on the model or the model's base if it has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Given the density of special weapons 2+ saves really aren't going to be particularly meaningful.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellblasters in KT should be fun. Hopefully they're added.

I was just chatting about this the other night with someone. I definitely feel like they'd be a little much given how good normal plasma is in KT. Adding another 3" of effective range to a gun that's AP-4 alone is really good, but when you put it on a body that's as durable as primaris are things could get very, very unpleasant. Part of the reason that guard plasma gunline lists aren't as broken as they may seem is that the bodies are so very fragile that you can degrade the teams effectiveness quickly. Primaris can be stupidly tough, especially when you factor Death Denied into the equation.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Anybody have a Bangles termie librarian? It's a fine cast right?

It's plastic.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much all limited run miniatures are in resin. I'm struggling to think of one over the past few years that wasn't.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

queef anxiety posted:

e: CSM talk

i was super excited for new CSM and I feel like it's all been a bit of a wash. Some cool daemon engines and Abby is OK i guess if he gets a point decrease but cultists were nerfed evn more instead of fixing the issues with CSM being garbage. On top of that we lost one of our best units (obliterators) as they are now overcosted as poo poo and make no sense compared to any FW dread option. None of the stratagems pull this pile of mediocreness together in any meaningful way and i dont think we're gonna see any shake up in the meta apart from EVEN MORE FW dreads and Ahrimans

It's extremely impressive that you're able to extrapolate that the entire book is trash despite having seen a single real preview, especially after being so wrong about obliterators.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I think someone might be getting sacked for that

It's games werkshop

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Or you could just shoot something with the castellan without the rest of the debuffs applied for an even greater effect with much less effort

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Finished a Blood Angel Praetor today. It's a pretty sweet model and I'm happy with how he turned out.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
They're off meta but a supreme command of custodes jetbike shield captains are solid.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ANAmal.net posted:

I have the exact opposite Warhound loadout - plasma and mega-bolter - and I think it's probably so much shittier that the best way to balance the thing might be to put points costs on the guns? I'll find out for sure this weekend when I go against 2 1000 point Ork armies that had plenty of advance notice to plan their strats against it, but I honestly don't expect it to do as well as Lizard Combatant's, just based on the guns I put on it.

It's funny because that's actually a really good AT loadout.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Hand posted:

I hadn't even considered that people would nominate him for this with that in mind. What a waste of energy and effort. It takes a lot of work to be that upset all the time.

I'm not sure you understand the right-wing grift machine. Sure, it's a ton of work to be mad at everything all the time but the dude makes a ton of money off of his persona. This is like an entire industry these days.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Hand posted:

Yeah I really don't understand it. Mainly because I don't pay a lot of attention to their noise. I probably should.

I would highly recommend not doing so. It ties in tightly with the modern political hellworld and if you've been able to resist staring into the abyss for this long there's no reason to start now.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

That sounds like serious operator error on the part of whoever is doing the design work.

GW are producing the best plastic miniatures on the market right now by quite a bit so claiming they're making some "serious operator errors" seems just a bit foolish.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

After decades of a lot of models that were modular it’s a pretty fair thing to say. Hell the thread was abuzz with the heavy weapon choices just the other day.

Error =/= deliberate design decision. I don't always love how they do special weapons but that's a far cry from complaining that the people designing the sprues are incompetent, a statement that just gets funnier the more I think about it.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

Niche gimmick runs. I suppose eldar aspect warriors are that yes indeed.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There has to be a typo in there. The Repulsor Executioner is 24 PL. The regular Repulsor is only 13. Hell Guilliman is only 15.

It almost seems like the Executioner may be significantly better than the normal Repulsor in Apocalypse :thunk:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/07/space-marines-preview-new-unitsgw-homepage-post-1/

Lots of cool stuff in here but

quote:

* The Deathwatch and Grey Knights will also be gaining the Shock Assault ability – and in the case of the Deathwatch, access to the Primaris Repulsor Executioner – in their own updates at the same time!

makes it sound like DW don't get the new toys. :rip: to our poor boys who don't get to be marines +1 anymore.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Did GW really just add yet another loving bolter primaris unit except this time they come with TWO KNIVES?????
:laffo::laffo::laffo:

:salt:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This marine release is nothing short of a slap in the face for ork players. The shame of orktober continues.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Looks like you UK folks have a chance to get some free models:

https://twitter.com/GamesWerkshop/status/1166796179679715328

It's very unlike GW to be so explicitly political

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm so confused

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Blood Angel Assault Marines would gently caress nids up pretty badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Finally looking through Psychic Awakening 3, and...

why is it still impossible to make chapter masters for Blood Angels Successors? You can take Seth if you play Flesh Tearers, and Dante if you play the original chapter, but there's still no equivalent of the vanilla marine stratagem to upgrade a captain to chapter master.

i just want my dumb little homebrew chapter to be allowed to function like any vanilla astartes successor

e: and drat, the relics list took a hard downgrade. The BA relic jump pack used to give reroll charges and ignore overwatch, now it's...+1 to charges, and charge on a turn the model fell back? hammer of baal's gone completely? yeesh

It is also extremely easy and common to just say a model you created uses Dante’s rules. There’s really no reason not to just use the BA rules for a successor that is not Flesh Tearers if you want to run one.