Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Did they change chaplain dreadnoughts or Bjorn before so that you could target them? Haven't paid any attention to wh40k for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I would say Orcs for the stompy robots and wizzard things with exploding heads but a no on the cheap to collect.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Slowly starting to pick this up again in my mid 30s :). Stripped and re-painted my old metal Seraphim models since all my old Space Marines are apparently now useless. Going for a SoB army and once that is accomplished I will start soliciting for mid-age playmates :D
Also just pre-ordered Stern & Kyganil.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Looks like Empire of Man is winning in 40k. I haven't seen any Xenos for ages.. maybe some Necrons but they are historical pushovers. Even Harlequins have been subjugated and are now fighting in the empire ranks.
Maybe GWs long term plan is to have everyone playing Marines in the end so they can re-enact Horus heresy and reset the timeline :)

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

tangy yet delightful posted:

Is there a known date for the release of the 9th ed rulebook? If not, is there some email list or notification to get when it does come out?

Last week of July was the latest I heard.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I am still waiting for some sister's stuff as well. Haven't been able to buy battle sister's for ages so I guess a box is coming?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I was thinking if having a thin metal sheet that I then cover with a thin game mat and then add magnets to the bottom of my terrain and models. I already put magnets on the bottom of my models since they are so much easier to paint and transport that way. Also easier for when I use movement trays as well.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Squats.. will this be the only GW game where I don't hate dwarfs? The extinct sentence kinda confirms it . A bit excited and mildly curious :)

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Chaos dwarfs with silly hats and lightning claws? Served by chaos cultist hobgoblins.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
The entire machine cult is actually worshipping Grungi and being controlled by the squats. It's all a big scam and they have been hiding under the forgeworlds the entire time.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Meh wanted a dragon for the void dragon :) that model looks rad though. Like some weird scifi Da Vinci angel .

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I like from the battle reports I have seen that the game is almost all about holding the objective and killing things is secondary. I don't like the way primaries Marines have been curb stomping everything and that it hasn't even been close. That points balance coming better change things a lot.
Necrons skorpekhs seems pretty good but Necrons still seem to suck in general.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just a heads up- sister troops are back in GW stock after being sold out for months.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Hello

I don’t know really anything about armies or army building, I’ve always just liked painting models, whether 40k or big tiddy fantasy babes or whatever. But the Indomitus box and new rules have me tempted a bit.

I think if I was building a Space Marine army it would probably be Blood Angels just because I like making jungle bases and the red would pop nicely against the green and brown. Would the entirety of the Indomitus box be applicable to Blood Angels, or is a bunch of it kinda specific to Ultramarines?

They will make excellent Blood Angels with decals included in the box. Buy it since it's good value in terms of price vs miniatures. Sell or trade the Necrons with someone else.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Pretty sure GW will call this the greatest sales success in their company history and are extremely pleased and surprised at the huge demand for indominitus. Wonder if corona has made many others like me return to the hobby?
Didn't buy the set but pre-ordered the normal rules and will try and find chapter approved later through battle scribe.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Strobe posted:

Actually I think you'll find that this BROKEN PROMISE is a HUGE MISTAKE for GW, because a bunch of people can't handle the idea of not being able to pay $200 for their plastic dolls now and may have to wait until LATER THIS YEAR to get the privilege of spending money.

Gives them more time to finish painting their backlog. When tournaments start again it will be crazy because people have probably spent months perfecting their painting technique in lack of other things.
What probably will happen is that GW will re-launch the box as a start collecting boxes and take out the 1 or 2 models that were unique.
Someone said September for a sister's box- does anyone have confirmation for this?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

My sisters I am working on. Definitely not up to a great standard like you guys but it's been fun. Started with some old resin zephyrim that I had for 20 years and then decided to pick up the hobby again. Cheap paints , cheap brushes but then I added some washes from GW. Should have bought a thinner primer because a lot of the faces and details are hosed up. But.. battle ready :D
P.s spot the Necron warrior you got for free from an old White Dwarf.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 12, 2020

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
GW is definetly popping their champagne and celebrating their huge success. They pulled if their largest launch ever and it went so well that people are literally crying over not being able to get their product. Despite the challenges to the workforce in view of corona.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Awesome Taurox, from what I have heard it is supposed to be a great vehicle in 9th. BS 3 ect.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
That dude is so great. How do you paint so small for the 🏅?

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Do Blood Ravens since they apparently stole everything from all the other chapters. They can be everything.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I started to watch art of war wh40k on YouTube that is very geared towards competitive tournament play. They have a nice setup for twitch streaming to.
It's not so much nonsense as Table Top Tactics ( I like both TT channels though but tactics are a bit over the top).

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Ordered 2 boxes troops of sisters and the Domi and celestian box. Got 3 troops from GW.. same price and can't be bothered to ask them to change.
Guess they are easy to convert anyway and not like anyone can tell the difference if they are not in to sisters. Makes a good basis for a Order of Martyred lady army as well.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

Battle Sisters and Celestian boxes are the same box. Box builds Battle Sisters, Dominions and Celestians all from the same kit.

Literally the only difference between them is the Celestians have fancier helmets.

(Though in all honesty, they're super not worth it. Just build another Sisters squad, pretty much the same effectiveness for cheaper).

I think Celestians could be great. I saw some tourney armies running 30 of them. Rerolling everything seems powerful and if they are bloody rose and have an Imagifier close they can even fight a bit + Preacher as well. Shoot ,rr everything with extra AP on pistols,
Then 4 st4 attacks with -1 ap per model in CC rr everything. Plus bodyguard if you need it.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 13, 2020

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Didn't they show female imperial guard in some of the promotions stuff so they might release something.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Give grenade launcher a marker light or something that gives +1 to shooting as a capability.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
+1 for aquarium decorations, roots , houses , funky statues and plastic plants.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just go for the Goliath gang as chaos cultists. Orlocks are to squeaky clean.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I didn't like the preacher models so I made my own from an old pewter scout marine Sgt I had. One of the bits was a Rosarious that came from a sister pack that fit nicely in to his empty hand.
Now I can come up with a fun backstory that he retired from the Space Marines after everyone turned Primaries and decided to join the Adeptus ministerium. His former chapter is unknown since he doesn't like to talk about it :) since he is pewter I sadly couldn't swap his his head but I guess even a priest needs a radio.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I will get it to just read all the old codexes.. once they are implement.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I like the 2nd one since it looks like a marvel skrull. Maybe drop the green eyes and go full skrull.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Warhammer 40k 9th edition. Space Marines vs Space Marines

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
New sister lieutenant seems cool :) happy but the caracther slots in my army is pretty big. Game wise it will be hard to protect them all.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Was so excited that I went on to the GW site to browse and saw that they have my favorite model ever in stock. Canoness Veridyan. Love that female Judge Dredd look. So bought that and some more paint, cus you always need more.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Bigger bases harder to fight in more ranks.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I made one of my veteran sergeant small Marines in to a preacher. He now travels with the Sororitas and spreads the word of the emperor with his chainsword. He was holding an auspex scan so I just replaced it with a Rosarious. And I put a tonsure on him with some clay :D Preach!

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
You trust that the other person knows- in regards to playing vs different SM chapters :D

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Lori posted:

I have been playing a lot lately, and something that has been happening very consistently is people in my friend circle conceding after the first 1-2 rounds. We've been playing 2000 point games and setting up plenty of terrain, but it seems that 90% of the time that the game has already been decided. Is this a common issue? Are we playing way too aggressively or something?

I would really love to play the games all the way through and have close matches than play under half the game length before reaching a point where it's obvious someone is screwed and can't recover.
I haven't played any 9th edition at all but I have been enjoying watching battlereports a lot.
Last night I watched Tabletop Titans , Necrons vs Ultra Marines and the entire game I was sure UM would win with a huge margin but somehow the Crons won in the end by playing their mission objectives.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I mean one player just needs one turn of bad dice for it to change. Also maybe reflect afterwards what you could have done differently to change the outcome, moves, load out , units ect. There is some skill involved as well not just random luck. A good player with a bad army will be able to beat a bad player with an OP army some times :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I had to look up what I had. The GI Joe airplane ghoststriker and the desert fox jeep :)
Quick kick was my favorite figure.