Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Anyone tried the iBook versions of the rule books? Strongly considering getting them. I'm getting the death guard portion of the starter set I'm splitting with a friend, they're taking the rule book, so I thought I'd look at getting the digital versions so I can read it on the train or lunch break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Liquid Communism posted:

That is the dumbest bit of rules lawyering I've seen today, and it's been a long day.

idk, I tend to think it's a more sensible outcome than the alternative personally

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

E: I am dumb

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Corrode posted:

It's in the Battle-forged Armies bit I think, all it says is that stuff has to share at least one Faction keyword.

I just found what I was looking for, it's on p.312 under matched play, all units except unaligned must share at least one faction keyword in common

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Are there any special rules for deathguard armies in the 8E box set that go beyond the chaos index (which as far as I can tell is only that plague marines count as troops)?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If I want to paint some monarch tyranids what would people recommend for a spray base to get a nice vibrant yellow. Averland sunset?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Please dear god give us new CSM plastic kit at some point, it feels like we have had this one for ten Millenia already

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’d like to add a knight to my death guard at some point. The renegade knight box doesn’t seem to be in production anymore. If I’m going for an Imperial and converting it, am I best going for a Warden? From what I can tell that comes with all the weapon options where as the other kits just have one load out

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’ve got an ugly old chaos dreadnought which I want to include in my death guard. Anyone have suggestions on what to do for a scythe? My personal view is that the more scythes in a DG army the better

E: a couple of places slelling the fore limbs of the tri arch stalker, that might be a good base!

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 29, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cats are bad, hth

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Best episode of the bad cast yet

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, just make noise marines modeled on droogs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m planning out a table at the moment, and trying to work out what makes sense for street widths. At the moment I’m thinking the main streets would be 180mm, that allows a knight to walk down it. Does that seem reasonable?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m going to find it really difficult to not start a small kult of speed army without at least one of each of these new vehicles :argh:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’ve got a need for speed freeks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Well fact or fanfiction on the latest badcast sure was a thing

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How loving hard can it possibly be to just not be a loving bootlicking cockroach Jesus Christ

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Zuul the Cat posted:

There was a whole badcast episode about it. I forget which one. If you look at this story that's labeled "trolling" you can see peoples reactions to his stuff and his responses to them.

Ep 31

E: beat real bad. Have this reply as my apology

https://imgur.com/a/ViBhHWb

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 22, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’ll be a gigantic vat of nuln oil

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think I’ve finally found a colour scheme that strikes the sweet spot of “I can be assed doing it” and “looks semi decent”

Need to go back and tidy up some, but I think they’ll look good on the tabletop

...iron within?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Painting the foetid bloatdrone from dark imperium is the first time I've really really wished I had an airbrush

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like the mechanicus robots and to a lesser extent necron destroyers are pretty close to tankettes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Revelation 2-13 posted:

It’s in the big faq 2 2018, so called battle-brothers rule. In order to be battle forged, a detachment must have at least one faction keyword in common, and it can’t be imperium, chaos, tyranids, aeldari or ynnari.

As a side note, it’s becoming a little ridiculous to find GWs poo poo. Main FAQs, updates, designers commentary, vigilius, errata for vigilus, errata for 40k, white dwarf faction rules, white dwarf beta rules, shadowspear rules, errata for shadowspear, etc.

E: oh and chapter approved 1 and chapter approved 2 and errata for chapter approved 1 & 2 and, and, and..

Thank god they stopped all that OP tyranid soup bullshit

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shockeh posted:

How legit a Primaris army can I make with two Dark Imperium, a Shadowspear, 10 Reivers and 5 extra Hellblasters...

...where the gently caress is my light transport/tank options, GeeDub?

The repulsor literally floats so I don’t know how much lighter you can ask for!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My big gross floaty boy is coming along

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

I just had an emotional event.

It’s called a heated gaming moment

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cant we argue about important things like where the latest badcast is

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Has anyone done a swatch of the different contrast paints over leadbelcher? I’ve seen a few videos here and there of two or three colours, hoping someone’s wasted their time and money on doing a full set

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Made to order valhallans? Be still my beating wallet :stonk:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress small marines

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Harvey Mantaco posted:

What would you run something like that as in-game?

Whatever you want because who's going to stop you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Would definitely appreciate a link