Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I've got about 3000 points worth of Blood Angels and a few 8th Ed games under my belt now, and I'm looking to start another army for the first time ever. I'm looking at Necrons. Does anyone have any links outlining what sucks/doesn't suck in 8th Ed for Necrons - units, strategies, strengths and weaknesses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Am I missing something with the Necron Overlord? My Will Be Done giving +1 to Hit Rolls doesn't specify BS or WS, just hits. That makes my Necron Warriors basically hit on a 2+ for shooting or melee, right? That's kinda insane. Rad, but insane.

Also, am I missing anything that says the Overlord can't use it on itself? It says friendly <DYNASTY> IFANTRY unit within 6", which the Overlord is. The Aura callout seems to imply it would work, yes?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Dumb rules question. With Tau, Drone Support says they act as a separate unit. Does that count for victory points? Played a game today against a Tau player where the only victory condition was victory points for killing units and I slaughtered him based solely on drones - either I popped them as they're squishy or his Saviour Protocols for taking hits. That seems really crappy but we can't find anything implying otherwise. One deployed they are a separate unit.

Is the answer to take less drones?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Is there anything restricting retailers from selling 40k on Amazon? There's a huge dearth of 40k products there. I know it wasn't all that long ago that online sales were banned in Canada and the US, but you can buy online from other stores easy enough now.