Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I might be running this for a few friends, what are some quirks/pitfalls that people have found with the system and what do you do to mitigate them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Thanks for the advice, it is pretty different going to a system that values equipment so much more in combat. The group I'm running for is most used to 4E, so I think they'll really like the tactical depth here and the fluff is wonderful. I'd be running Ghost Ship Carthage then Let Sleeping Gods Lie if the group responds well, both look solid.

Ship stuff seems a little difficult to integrate well, do people here use it much or just tend to use cinematic travelling?

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

So unless I'm misreading things particle pistol turrets are free. This is kinda hilarious, since for a base level party it seems like a pretty huge force multiplier.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

unseenlibrarian posted:

Turrets are a type of drone, so they have a minimum cost of 1 resource after all other considerations. (It's in the header for drones on page 104)

I knew it was too good to be true. The info doesn't always seem to have the best layout, but it's a fairly minor nitpick.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

So one of my players would like to go for melee, but it seems really high-risk at low resources since there don't seem to be tons of ways to boost your defense. Am I getting a decent read on that, and what's some advice for melee player builds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Thanks for the advice, infestor whip and shield seems to be just along the lines of what the player wants - the control in Impair is pretty great and moving heavy cover from the front will keep them from getting pasted so easily. They're a big X-Com fan though so I'm anticipating more of a X-Com 2 Ranger playstyle than a D&D Fighter.

First thing I'll be putting them through is Ghost Ship Carthage, but man I want to just throw in a few more creatures into the fights because wow they look sorta anemic.