Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
There's a lot of Revali's fail going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Chimera-gui posted:

No kidding, I think you guys might have been too harsh on him. As Skippy rightly noted, he has insecurities about his skill and that seems to be a trait of the Rito as a race since Teba was stubborn about wanting to take Medo alone seemingly to prove himself. I get the feeling Revali and Mipha were the last Champions to be given characterizations hence why they have the least/weakest development.

The Zora may have had considerable work done for their arc as a race but Mipha's only notable trait is that she is attracted to Link and reminder Ruto had this trait as well.

Yeah, I simply cannot countenance all the bird hate I'm seeing. :colbert: Truly deplorable.

Also it took me ages to find the Royal Guard hat. The hint says it's on the second floor of the castle. How in he hell is the very top of the sanctum in any way supposed to be the second floor of anything?! Once again, I think I screwed myself by overthinking things. The Castle is the entire complex. The keep is the tall bit in the middle. The hat is in the second floor of the KEEP, game!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

White Coke posted:

You seem a little tense, you should have a bottle of Revali’s ale to take the edge off.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS

e.pilot posted:

You seem a little tense, you should have a bottle of Revali’s ale to take the edge off.

That's really the only way to listen to Revali's Wail.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

e.pilot posted:

Your personal attack is beyond the Revali's pale.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
With puns this bad we should all be put in Revali’s jail.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
And then we’d have to come up with Revali’s bail.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

e.pilot posted:

And then we’d have to come up with Revali’s bail.

Come on, someone's used that already. This is getting Revali's stale.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

AweStriker posted:

White Coke posted:

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

AweStriker posted:

I disagree, a lot of this stuff is Revali's Holy Grail.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Revali's Gale is now ready.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I heard there was a limited time discount Link could get at the Rito shops. Revali's Sale is now ready.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't we go through all of this already when the LP was at the Revali section of the base game? Is this thread going in circles?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Didn't we go through all of this already when the LP was at the Revali section of the base game? Is this thread going in circles?

Seems none of us got the message. Revali's mail is now ready.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I like to think Revali, rather than being killed by Ganon, drowned in a bucket of piss.

Revali's Pail is now ready.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Revali seems like the type of guy who calls women females.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I can’t pour for poo poo and now Revali’s Ale is too heady.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

We should all be run out on Revail's Rail

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Remember when Revali bought that scam car?

Revali's Dale was full shady.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Okay, I'll stop.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Revali’s final nail in the coffin.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
And thus endeth Revali's tale.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
All this talk about Revali and we're just ignoring the fact that the first Goron bakery has opened on Death Mountain.

Daruk's Confection is ready to roll.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Puns about Daruk’s protection will take a toll.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

I can't help but think Daruk likes long walks.

Daruk has a predilection for taking a stroll.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Daruk’s projections are ready to poll.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kinda like that Revali was just a goddamn tryhard.

Kass might or might not be the conclusion of Revali's arc - after everything, he went home and was a family man.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Maybe we'll see the first ever Goron-made feature film in production.

Daruk's direction is ready to roll.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

What if the Gorons invented democracy?

Daruk's election is ready to roll.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Oh, so Mipha had good traits.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Should mail this letter to him...Daruk didn't get into Harvard.

Daruk's rejection is ready to go.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

The Ancient Arrow you got back was from the missed shot, they don't drop otherwise (but they aren't actually consumed unless they hit something they can damage, they're like normal arrows that way).

That was a very interesting solution to the "Support and Guidance" shrine, I don't really know what the intended solution is. I remember futzing around with Stasis a lot on the seesaw ramps, but your way actually seems a lot more elegant.

The Waterblight refight is the trickiest one, I think (especially relative to when you first face them), because of how limited your resources are (this is even worse in Master mode when there's regen to deal with). You get 10 arrows and no shield, and it takes multiple hits to the eye to knock the thing down, so you can really screw yourself here if you're not careful. Of course, Urbosa's Fury is a huge help, or there's another fun strategy here - stasis the Cryonis blocks and knock them back with the spear.

I think this cutscene does a good job of showing a problem most of them had - some of the lines seem to have been written primarily to work as voiceover in the DLC's release trailer (and to sort of imply a different context), and don't fit as well in their actual context in the cutscenes when being said by the actual characters. It's kind of odd really, and I can't help seeing it as deceptive. Before the DLC actually released, there had been a lot of speculation it would involve flashbacks in which the champions were actually playable, and the trailer moments seem to have been chosen to look like it (most egregiously, Urbosa using the shield-parry and having it animated with slowdown just like ingame). This isn't to say the content we actually got is bad, because it's not, but that aspect of it leaves a sour taste.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Mipha's diary was adorable. Also, I really wish there was a flashback to Enthusiastic And Expressive Kiddy Link, because he was four years old and kicking the rear end of trained adults.

Four.

A pre-schooler kicked their asses. How the gently caress did he even have the arm strength to swing a proper sword? What did they feed this kid?!

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

Mipha's diary was adorable. Also, I really wish there was a flashback to Enthusiastic And Expressive Kiddy Link, because he was four years old and kicking the rear end of trained adults.

Four.

A pre-schooler kicked their asses. How the gently caress did he even have the arm strength to swing a proper sword? What did they feed this kid?!

Fairy stir-fry.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
It's too bad that one cutscene was the only time Mipha had any personality.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I recently, as in five minutes ago, learned that you can fight all of the Memory bosses again, and you get additional Dialog from each Champion, its honestly kinda neat. did you know that?

Rivali having kind of an existential crisis, that nobody might even know him anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I was out in the fields today harvesting Hylian wheat and straw.

Revali’s bale is now ready.

• Locked thread