Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lazy Bear posted:

Here's a fun one: Try bombing yourself by accident and the resultant shockwave throwing you from the plateau, the damage from that being what kills you.

There's a clip out there of a guy playing around with the AI. Throws a Korok Leaf to a bokoblin who picks it up. Then while laughing at the poor boko with a leaf, it blows him off a cliff to his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
That sledge hammer really demonstrates why I love two handed weapons the most in this game. Their stamina attack is just spinning, forever, as long as you have stamina. Once you get some stamina upgrades, Link can just turn into a blender of death.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

The Legend of Zelda: A Quest for a Sweater

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The explosive vs bees thing just makes it worse, stingy shrapnel!

Also I'm guessing you're using the interactive map to keep track of the koroks etc

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 2, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Bruceski posted:

There's a clip out there of a guy playing around with the AI. Throws a Korok Leaf to a bokoblin who picks it up. Then while laughing at the poor boko with a leaf, it blows him off a cliff to his death.

"a guy" yeah I suppose dunkey is a guy. For all we know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Nice amount of climbing there. Just straight up a cliff and straight up into the frozen wastes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Gotta cool off after all that burning :v:

Speaking of burning, noticed a boko picking up a flaming weapon, then setting fire to himself somehow, never seen that before.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Nalesh posted:

Gotta cool off after all that burning :v:

Speaking of burning, noticed a boko picking up a flaming weapon, then setting fire to himself somehow, never seen that before.

Reasonably certain he was touching/ran into something else on fire.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

There wasn't anything else on fire nearby though, I think he might actually have stepped on the weapon just as he picked it up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What a lazy Jojoke YamiNoSenshi, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You're not even gonna ask how many peppers Link's eaten?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

RareAcumen posted:

You're not even gonna ask how many peppers Link's eaten?

Bastard... How many Koroks have you hidden?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aithon posted:

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Shoot yourself in the head with the bow, catch the arrow with Magnesis.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I keep forgetting about the ice powers. Made a section in the distant future quite difficult. :downs:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Miz Kriss posted:

I keep forgetting about the ice powers. Made a section in the distant future quite difficult. :downs:

The Zelda version of http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=050111

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Actually, Cryonis was probably the least-used power for me as well.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Aithon posted:

How many slices of bread have you eaten in your lifetime?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lazy Bear posted:

Here's a fun one: Try bombing yourself by accident and the resultant shockwave throwing you from the plateau, the damage from that being what kills you.

Drop bomb, jump on shield on top of bomb, detonate bomb, skysurf shield into infinity.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I had a different experience than the thread title. For me, it was in reverse.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

SardonicTyrant posted:

I hope your Switch (or Wii U tablet) wasn't in your lap at the time.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

KieranWalker posted:

I hope your Switch (or Wii U tablet) wasn't in your lap at the time.

I can't decide which of these posts is funnier to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vidi, vici, veni

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We get infodumped by the old dead man, plus some alternate routes and missed treasures in the tutorial area.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

That has to be the best image for Alternate 1. It's everywhere I am in that game.

mischievousart
Apr 24, 2016
The rune powers the game gives you are surprisingly versatile. Bomb fishing is the funniest use, but bombs can also be used for woodcutting. Cryonis works on bogs, which makes several areas of the game significantly less irritating.

I got sick of wasting fire arrows and eventually just started melting ice chunks with campfires.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, the Sentinels don't seem so great when they start murdering all of your friends and family, huh?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Natália Santos on YouTube very kindly and gloriously fulfills our request:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
For Yami, who said that 100 stamps probably isn't enough, I can say it's 100% not if you wanted to try and mark every point of interest. I've probably used over half of my allotment just marking all the cooking pots I've found outside of towns. And I got down to twentyish left trying to mark overworld bosses to farm at a later point, before giving up on that. Right now I mostly just mark cooking pots and korok puzzles that I couldn't solve

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

ousire posted:

For Yami, who said that 100 stamps probably isn't enough, I can say it's 100% not if you wanted to try and mark every point of interest. I've probably used over half of my allotment just marking all the cooking pots I've found outside of towns. And I got down to twentyish left trying to mark overworld bosses to farm at a later point, before giving up on that. Right now I mostly just mark cooking pots and korok puzzles that I couldn't solve

The interactive map is a lifesafer for that.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ThornBrain posted:

Will Calamity Granola at least spare cute animals? :ohdear:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

ThornBrain posted:

Wow that is an apocalyptic cutie! Nice going Natália!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ousire posted:

I can't decide which of three things in BoT I like the least.
"Never enough stickers"
Rain when you're already in the middle of climbing stuff.
And the final stage of pallet swaps making me immediately U turn from "The durability system is just fine :buddy:" to "Holy loving poo poo this is obnoxious :argh:"

Probably that last one. As those meatwalls showing up more often are what made me shift gears into rushing to beat the game, rather than taking my sweet time puttering around for ages. Even when they dropped the most blinged out weapon in all the land, just gently caress those guys.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I find it interesting how polarizing zeldas performance is, everyone I've heard that liked it was in America/Canada, while everyone who hated it were Europeans. It just sounds so hammed up :v:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Will Calamity Granola at least spare cute animals? :ohdear:

He didn't spare Boopsie Buns.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So another advantage to the Bokoblins having giant goofy heads is it's easier to crit them, as you might expect of tutorial enemies.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ThornBrain posted:

Calamoe Ganon.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Ashrik posted:

Yes, this BoTW VLP is right up my alley. I've been waiting for one like this to come along. Knowledgeable hosts, the right amount of talking, etc. Thank you.

Well, Meatloaf did say two outta three ain't bad...

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I like LPs which combine a host knowledgeable about the game with a host going in blind. It provides both perspectives on a game.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Strawhat is a good group of commentators. They have nice chemistry and are actually not annoying to listen to, a rarer trait.

This is a good LP. My only wish is that I didn't see this until much much later. Now I gotta wait for videos to come out and can't binge watch the game.

Also, what was the shiny object under the tree with the korok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Probably an acorn or an apple or something similar.

• Locked thread