Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hey we're finally able to record again. If you want to catch the stream live, come on over to the Team Frog Nugget Twitch account and say hello. We'll be live for about an hour and a half, maybe more.

edit: The stream's over now. Thanks for tuning in! Sorry it was a little choppy but the recordings should be nice and clean.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I love that you are on sensible European times.

EDIT: Fae don't forget about the thing!
VVV Oh well.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 28, 2017

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'd explain the context behind this image but even in context it kinda doesn't make sense, so enjoy the best google image search I've ever made

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Frog nuggets need no context

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's been fun.
People should talk about the core more often.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

At the end of the stream I spent time creating a puzzle from the recommendations I received over the last week. I combined the suggestions to make a breakfast machine and a puzzle with explosions to make Breakfast Explosion (although it's just called LP PUZZLE #3). If you'd like to try it for yourself before you see it created in a future episode, you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elm4omhb0xf8ux4/Home0004.tim?dl=0

I did polish it up a little bit after the stream ended. Added some scenery, a couple more parts, etc. Just put it in the /Homemade/ folder of your installation and maybe rename the file to be "HomeXXXX" where "XXXX" is the last four digits of the last custom puzzle you've made plus 1.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #10: Difficult Puzzles, Part 1 - with Krysmphoenix and Tyty

Starting the Difficult Puzzles today.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I've been meaning to ask. What's the song in stage 7 (12 minutes in the video) called? I like it for some reason, but it feels so familiar. Is that a re-purposed classic?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I looked around and I found this page on Contraption Maker's website: http://contraptionmaker.com/incredible_machine_soundtrack/

I think the song you pointed out is called "Tuna Loaf" and is just tributing Meat Loaf.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, there ones aren't so bad. At least I haven't seen a lot of super-fine positioning problems.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I solved your puzzle! :toot:

Not correctly it turned out. But it still counts, right? It was challenging enough that I had to think a little but not so much that I felt frustrated and dumb and ready to give up. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 31, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

How did you push the bowling ball upwards to turn on the switch with that configuration of stuff? Does the dynamite that hits the air pump slide over far enough to blow up when the remote bomb goes off and carry the explosion to the nitro under the ball?

Whatever the case, nice job finding a totally different solution than intended!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No, the nitro just falls just enough pixels to blow which manages to reach and push the bowling ball. The remote bomb never actually goes off, the coffee misses it and I gave up on trying to set it off.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Huh. I thought the nitro had a larger fall distance than that. Oh well, finding your own solutions is just as fun!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

FPzero posted:

I looked around and I found this page on Contraption Maker's website: http://contraptionmaker.com/incredible_machine_soundtrack/

I think the song you pointed out is called "Tuna Loaf" and is just tributing Meat Loaf.

Thanks for the link. "Dreams" "Keep trying" and "Unplugged" are quite good as well.
Also I always loved that version of The gates of Kiev. (Pictures at an Exibition)

This music is making me nostalgic. It might be one of the first times that I have ever felt nostalgia for a game.

EDIT: Oh poo poo I missed "Progressive". It's short but really sweet.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 3, 2017

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Every single one of those songs is going to remain burned into my mind pretty much forever.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #11: Difficult Puzzles, Part 2 - with Tyty

Today we learn facts about animals.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
The puzzle you skipped is an unfortunate example of the problem where you had everything set up, but you didn't have the physics objects bouncing in the exact way you needed. Solving that puzzle is just an unfortunately tedious task of moving the egg timer and retesting until you get the ball to bounce in exactly the right way. I don't blame you for skipping it.

In the puzzle where you were having trouble getting the balloon tied to the seesaw to work before being popped by the laser, your problem was that you were hooking the balloon up to the pulley and then tying it to the far end of the seesaw. At one point, you even tied it to the correct end and got the mouse over, but then you undid it and didn't realize that why it had been working before. Thankfully, ignoring the pulley entirely worked out.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I finally managed to beat all the Difficult puzzles! :woop:

My solution for your second-to-last puzzle in that video was a preposterous mess of bouncing pinballs and pails and antigrav that kept everything flailing around until the blimp was turned back and driven into the match that never got around to actually lighting any missiles.

Meanwhile, the puzzle I got stuck on hard enough that I needed to get external help turned out to be a case of convincing myself that a rocket cannot fit into a one-tile-wide space. Turns out it totally can.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Olesh posted:

The puzzle you skipped is an unfortunate example of the problem where you had everything set up, but you didn't have the physics objects bouncing in the exact way you needed. Solving that puzzle is just an unfortunately tedious task of moving the egg timer and retesting until you get the ball to bounce in exactly the right way. I don't blame you for skipping it.

Oof. Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was afraid of seeing.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #12: Difficult Puzzles, Part 3

The last puzzles confuses me to no end when in fact I could've moved the green laser down and saved myself the hassle. Hindsight = 20/20.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I enjoyed some of these finicky puzzles more than I should have. The three-phaser puzzle I ended up solving just with one by blowing up way more with a dropped nitro (nitro does damage) and then using a seesaw to hurl Mel into the final part of the puzzle. Then on that last puzzle I had the superball caroming around to bounce off the firestarter, skipping about half the intended solution.

But I don't think it works to design around that the way Even More Contraptions did. There needs to be some baseline of reliability before you kick a big chunk of it over.

That "Hayseed" track is one of the two that makes me turn the volume down now, alas. (The other is Techno Rave and I'm not sure that one's been run for any length of time in-stream yet. You are acing a lot of the puzzles I struggled with.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I find myself amused by all those "that can't be how they did it" *that's how they did it* moments.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #13: Difficult Puzzles, Part 4

Finishing up the Difficult Puzzles today, and we get to go back and beat that one that I skipped earlier.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

snakes in hats

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
A cheap peppermint is not a hat. This image search is a sham.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

In that vein, is a sock worn over your head a hat or a mask?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

In that vein, is a sock worn over your head a hat or a mask?
Depends on whether it only covers the top of the head or the face as well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, fire is finicky about what it catches. Though I suppose realistic fire physics are a long, long way off.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #14: Building our own Puzzles, Part 3 - With PoorlyWrittenNovel

Featuring the thread suggestions of "breakfast machine" and "EXPLOSIONS". You can download the puzzle we created here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elm4omhb0xf8ux4/Home0004.tim?dl=0

-----

We haven't recorded the next stream yet, so if anyone has any other suggestions for puzzle ideas put them in here within the next day or two and once again I'll try and incorporate them!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Haven't even watched the video to end, but you ought to drop the cheese onto the toast.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Of relevance to the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

No, breaded chicken is not a sandwich

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Have the puzzle involve bouncing Phaser shots through pipes, because that interaction is stupid and I feel bad that Phasers are left out of the tutorial.

E: Not sure if I should double post for this, but I can always repost later if it's missed. I made a custom puzzle and uploaded it here. Not sure how I did, especially at choosing which parts to unlock, but hey.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 20, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We're going to be recording the next set of videos so if you want to catch the recording live, come on over to Team Frog Nugget's Twitch channel, where we'll be getting underway in about 10-15 minutes. It'll probably be live for about an hour and a half or so, maybe longer.

Stream is over, thanks for coming by and watching!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 23, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #15: Expert Puzzles, Part 1

Oh right I have to actually update the thread after I record new videos.

---------

If you want to play the puzzle we made at the end of this recording session, you can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjqv2e5zp0zqiua/Home0005.tim?dl=0

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

AlphaKretin posted:

I made a custom puzzle and uploaded it here. Not sure how I did, especially at choosing which parts to unlock, but hey.

I edited this in out of an unwillingness to double post, just making sure it wasn't missed. :)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yep I saw it a few days ago and grabbed it but thanks for bringing it back to my attention just in case!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Expert doesn't seem too bad so far - looks like the challenge is more in figuring out how to use the pre-placed stuff.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Episode #16: Expert Puzzles, Part 2

Lasermania is even more fiddly than I remembered. Augh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

That fast food tier list was indeed written by a crazy person, what the heck.

Where is it, though?

• Locked thread