Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Now I want to reinstall it as well. I've got the collection on GOG already, and I have the CD of 2 somewhere in my collection of vintage games. I mostly loved playing around with the physics sliders in the later games.

I've also got Toon Machine around and similarly gave up on it when the physics clearly didn't seem to be working properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I seem to remember that the homemade puzzles in the first game didn't include customizable goals as such - you'd type the goal, but it was up to the player to decide whether they'd solved the puzzle correctly based on the goal text. The second game had functions to program the components with goal conditions and would declare victory when all of the conditions were met.

The two player puzzles were simple, but the idea was that the players would take turns placing parts. I think, for each turn, you could place one new part and move one part that's already in the solution. Whoever solves the puzzle wins.

• Locked thread